Janiya
Super June 2020

Both Bride and Groom In The Same Hotel???

Janiya, on December 12, 2019 at 4:57 PM Posted in Planning 0 60
Saved

Hi Brides, I'm currently looking into booking our sleep accommodations for the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. I found a hotel that offers all suites that include one or two bedrooms with a separate sitting room and kitchenette. I would love for everyone to all be at the same hotel. Both us ladies and the fellas. Should I book this hotel for myself and the bridesmaids and book a separate hotel for my groom and groomsmen? Or should both of us stay at this hotel and make sure to be separate until we leave for the wedding? It'll be easier for the photographer, videographer, and family to just be able to get on the elevator and go to our different rooms to be close to each other.

60 Comments

Latest activity by Jeanette, on December 24, 2019 at 2:33 AM
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    It might be cheaper if you book an Air BnB, they have multiple sizes to choose from in the larger cities.
  • Alma
    Devoted June 2022
    Alma ·
    • Flag

It really depends on what you both feel comfortable doing.

But if you don't want to see each other until first look or ceremony I would do separate hotel rooms.

• Allison
    Dedicated December 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I don't know that I would love that for the night of the wedding. I think you'll definitely want alone time without having to see family and friends. But it sounds like the best thing to do and very convenient for the night before and for getting ready the next day.

• Blair
    Super June 2021
    Blair ·
    • Flag

We're doing separate hotels that are located on the same street. It just slims the chances of him accidentally seeing me.

• Brianna N
    Super October 2019
    Brianna N ·
    • Flag

We did the same hotel and it worked out fine! Just when we were heading out or one of us was out walking around the groomsmen and bridesmaids made sure we didn't see eachother.

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Our venue was a hotel so we both stayed there. My husband shared a room with one of his friends (not in the bridal party) and the best man. I shared a room with my grandparents. We went out separate ways after the rehearsal dinner. I didn't see him again until our first look. The morning of I talked to him on the phone because the venue needed to know where something was and they tried him because he had it, but he didn't answer. I called his best man and my husband picked up because the best man was in the shower. 🤦
  • Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Ingrid! We live and are getting married in Charlotte, NC. When I looked into Airbnb's to sleep the same number of people it ranged from $400-490 for two nights. The hotel rate would be cheaper for us since they don't charge a cleaning fee and they agreed to apply my grandparents military discount which would bring it under $300 for two nights at the all suites hotel. I'm not sure which is better. Getting a whole house or hotel room? What do you think?

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank Alma, I was thinking the same thing. It's definitely something to consider. Our photographer, videographer, and family would have an easier time just going on the elevator and going to the different room while we run the risk of seeing each other. Not unless I designate someone to make sure we don't leave our rooms until it's time to jump in the car and get dressed at the venue?

• Dayna
    Expert September 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

I think the same hotel would be fine. You can request different floors, and schedule the times you will be out of your room. Just have a bridal party member or parents walk ahead of you to clear the way Smiley smile

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes! It definitely work for the night before and getting ready on the day of. They have a one bedroom suite with 1 king bed which I was going to reserve for myself and just have the girls come over on the morning of the wedding to get ready with me so that on the actual wedding night, we will have that one bedroom suite to ourselves.

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Blair! That's an excellent idea! I'll look to see if there are other hotel within walking distance.

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Brianna! Awesome! I'm thinking about designating someone from each side of the bridal party to make sure that we don't see each other while leaving the hotel to go to the venue.

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Veronica! That ended up working out since you guys didn't see each other. Just spoke to each other by mistake, lol. I'm so glad it worked out for you guys. I'm strongly leaning towards booking this hotel for the both of us to make the day smoother.

• Deirdre
    Super March 2018
    Deirdre ·
    • Flag

I think you are fine to stay in the same hotel. If the hotel is where you are getting ready, you are probably not going to be running around the halls that much. Maybe just have one of your BMs text one of the GMs when you are getting ready to leave for the venue so your FH doesn't see you all dressed up. I would stick with the same location to make it easier.

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Dayna! I think this idea works! Thank you! I will be sure to request different floors and have the scheduled time for us to leave the hotel to go to the venue at a different time than the guys.

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Deirdre! Thank you! That's what I'm leaning towards. Making sure we designate one person from each side of the bridal party to make sure we don't run into each other. But you're correct. We won't be running back and forth in the hall too much since the guys will more than likely sleep in, and I will have someone to bring me breakfast so I don't have to leave the room, lol.

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think it would definitely be easier. At one point my husband talked about renting an Airbnb with a group of his friends, but after talking with them it was more expensive. I was just as glad because having everyone in the same building was easier.
  • Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Veronica! The Airbnb was far more expensive with the added cleaning fees that are different for each home plus the platform fee. The all suites hotel was less expensive than getting an air bnb. I figure it'll work out for our family, photographer, and videographer to capture both of our getting ready moments without having to travel to another hotel.

• Julia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    We booked one hotel and they made a note to put us on opposite sides so he won’t see me before
  • Alma
    Devoted June 2022
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm having fh leave an hour before I do just so we don't see each other. I'll probably give him a small task like check that the DJ is set up so it gives him something to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics