Sarah
Savvy September 2019

bhldn Emblem Gown

Sarah, on March 15, 2019 at 1:45 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

Wondering if anyone else has worn the BHLDN Emblem gown & is willing to post a photo. I am 5'0" and although I am in love with my dress, it would be helpful to see what it looks like on real people, not just the 6'+ BHLDN model. I had my first fitting last weekend and I'm getting nervous that it won't look how I want on someone my size. Thanks in advance!

10 Comments

• Kim
    Expert September 2019
    Kim ·

Following because I am not tall myself. 5'2" here!

• darcy
    Dedicated June 2019
    darcy ·

Have you tried googling the dress? I also have a bhldn dress and googled the name and found someone selling it on used dress website. I loved seeing it on a "real" bride.

• Sarah
    Savvy September 2019
    Sarah ·

I did, that's why I'm asking. I got nothing more than I already had lol. Should I be worried that no one in the world has photos in this dress? Does it not look good on anyone other than the model? https://www.bhldn.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detailbystylenumber/style/45270162

• Ashley
    Devoted October 2020
    Ashley ·
    Try instagram or Pinterest for real brides in that dress. I’m 100% the same way about buying things!
  • Sarah
    Savvy September 2019
    Sarah ·

Been searching Instagram for at least a half hour now, and not a single photo can I find. Ditto on Pinterest. Starting to get pretty worried...the second fitting is still 2 months away so I have way too long to be anxious over it.

• Melissa O'
    Devoted April 2019
    Melissa O' ·
    Beautiful and elegant dress. As long as your body and weight are proportional to your height, it will look great. There isn't any support for fuller figures. The train will be smaller, but that would look better anyway.
  • Megan
    Savvy February 2020
    Megan ·
    I’m also short! Help me decide on a dress on my forum.
    I was thinking about getting the dress altared if need be.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra Online ·
    If it makes you fell better I've only ever seen one real bride photo of my dress. But several listings for them on resale!
  • Nicole
    Beginner March 2020
    Nicole ·
    Hey Sarah! I’ve had the best luck searching on Facebook for real brides in dresses... some trying to sell them so they show them on... unfortunately I didn’t find any with emblem! But in case you are still looking and find another, fb works well..

I am short too, and the one thing I look for is as much detail about the bodice length.. that’s what tends to make us look a little scrunched!
  • Sarah
    Savvy September 2019
    Sarah ·

Thanks everyone for your advice & replies! Today my fears all came to a head, and I decided to keep looking. Ideally I'll only do this once in my life, so it's gotta be a "wow" moment even if it costs more than I would like.

Comment on this discussion