Kimberly
Beginner November 2019

Best friend went mia

Kimberly, on November 15, 2019 at 12:50 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 1 13
Saved Save

I've been friends with a girl since 2005 (freshmen year of high school) we never had any issues EVER! She was helping me with ideas for my wedding (that's next Friday btw) and then sometime in June she just started to completely ignore me. She was suppose to be my maid of honor and never went to go get her dress and the blantly told me she was ignoring me cause she couldn't afford the dress (even though I offered to pay for it since the beginning as a gift), but would still be at the wedding. She never RSVPD and still isn't answering my calls. Should I save a seat for her or just accept the fact that she's 99.9% sure she won't come. Sorry for the long rant just need some advice.

13 Comments

• Ann
    Devoted September 2021
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    Wow that’s a little ridiculous. Save your money and your time, I wouldn’t invite her. Anyone that is going to act like that wouldn’t be at my wedding.
  • Jade
    Devoted March 2021
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    This is tough! I feel like I want to agree with person above. But to give your friend the benefit of the doubt, is there possibly any reason she’d be acting this way? Like is she going through anything you know of? Not that she should act in that way regardless, but it’s something to keep in mind. Have you tried asking her if she’s in a bad place right now? Cause assuming she isn’t just being ridiculous, maybe she’s depressed or something else is going on.
  • Amber
    Super September 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    That's a little odd her behavior🤔💬🤷

If she didn't have the funds she shouldn't of agreed to be your MOH in the first place. I say it's has nothing to do with the dress and way more do to her and maybe she's jealous you're getting married and she's not (unless she's already married) or maybe she just cannot be happy for you🤷

Cut your ties and call it a day. It's one thing act a way but just because you cannot afford the dress that's a little ridiculous.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't save a seat and order a meal for someone who ignores you and doesn't RSVP. Sometimes no answer is enough of an answer.

• Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

Forget about the dress, Kimberly! LOL I would forget about the friendship. She's being very rude to you. She is ignoring you, probably due to jealousy honestly. It's as old as time itself. You even offered to buy her the dress and she doesn't even want that? Sort of problematic. Save yourself the breath and energy and don't save a seat. What Ann said above is dead on.

• Kimberly
    Beginner November 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Ann!!! 🤗
  • Nicole
    Super September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Oh wow. I wouldn't save a seat but I would let your coordinator/caterer know that there is a possibility that she shows.

I'm so sorry you went through this :/

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Uh that's tough. I agree that her being cold could have underlying reasons but at same time you seem like you've been trying to reach out.
  • J
    Super April 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I agree with the others, don't save her a seat!

• A
    Devoted February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

Someone I knew last year did that to me, we were good friends for yearssss and suddenly she stopped messaging me. I reached out to her on IG, FB, called, messaged to see what was going on and nothing.

Don't waste your breathe or money. Don't save her a seat!

• Ashley
    Expert November 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I would no save a seat for her. If she shows up, I would have the day-of coordinator or wedding planner that if she shows up, to tell her that since she never RSVPd a seat wasn't saved for her and she is unable to join the reception.

• Jennifer
    Dedicated April 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Not trying to be nosey, but does she agree with your marriage. I had a best friend who wanted me to be a bridesmaid. I graciously declined for financial reasons but there was way more to it than that. I wanted better for her..he was/still is a piece of work.

Long story short, we aren't friends anymore because of this. I just wonder if she is holding onto feelings that you dont know about. Jealousy, doesnt like him...anything!
  • Alejandra
    Expert November 2020
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag
    If this happened out of nowhere, she could have some underlying reason. Can you ask to see her in person before you decide?

Comment on this discussion