Bridget
Devoted October 2019

Banging my head

Bridget, on October 11, 2019 at 8:26 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved
I’m 15 days out, final counts and payment due today. I’ve been trying to get a hold of my godson/usher. He’s not a man of many words and lives in Texas ( I’m NJ). He works with his dad in their own business. He’s never answered me when I’ve messaged him about what to wear and rehearsal etc. I’ve been getting nervous about him not being dr asked as supposed to and his phone says it’s restricted when I call so I facebooked him. Normally he’s all over Facebook - nothing for thr e days. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Finally I see him on there and I post to please check his messenger. He did and he says he’ll call me in the morning. And we chat on messenger a bit. He says I’m Probably gunna bring my woman what’s should she wear? 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
I was like well I neeed to know because counts are due today as well as payment and her choice of dinner. He says oh we can share a plate, no big deal. I was like well the wedding is formal, they count how many people are there and we have to pay by tomorrow. So “his woman” who I had no idea he was even in a relationship is now coming. 😂 I love him dearly but ugh. Crazy thing is 15 years ago his older brother did the same thing to my brother. Only I blame that on my aunt and uncle- his brother was 17 and they decided to drive up and bring the girlfriend along.

5 Comments

Latest activity by KimandLarry, on October 11, 2019 at 10:11 AM
  • Allison
    Dedicated September 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag

This is funny because I have a lot of people like this in my life. I would assume he is coming and bringing his lady friend. It sounds like you love him a lot and don't mind doing this for him as long as he is there.

As far as attire I wouldn't think too much about it--as long as he is there is all that matters. You can try though. I'm fully expecting my FH family to show up wearing jeans but that is a battle I'm not willing to waste time on.

Your wedding sounds like it's going to be lovely.

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Lol @ "I'm probably gunna bring my woman" Smiley xd Also loved the "we can share a plate", people are something else sometimes I swear lol. But I'm glad he's at least letting you know this now rather than a surprise the day of, you seem to be in good spirits about it!

• Bridget
    Devoted October 2019
    Bridget ·
    • Flag
    Oh boy sorry for so many typos!
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

See I'm the opposite. I will have my wedding planner and sister playing bouncer. If anyone shows up looking ratchet or wearing white to the ceremony they can go back to the hotel and change first. I'll wait.

• KimandLarry
    Dedicated June 2021
    KimandLarry ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same! My hubbys side will more than likely try to wear jeans and t-shirts. His mother is known for wearing baggy sweats (she's 90lbs soaking wet so everything is baggy on her) so I told him he has to take her shopping for something nice to wear. We also have a few friends who are mechanics who work that day and will probably try to show up right after work without changing. Trying to figure out a nice way to tell them to shower first lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics