Sarah
Savvy June 2019

Bad weather forecast...

Sarah, on June 1, 2019 at 2:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved
Well, my wedding day is in 1 week, and the forecast is for lots of rain and thunderstorms... Granted, anything can change within a week, and we might get lucky. Still, I'm getting anxious. Our two picture locations are outside, and I'm fine with taking pictures with umbrellas if it's just rain, but if it's an actual thunderstorm I don't want people to be standing outside in that. There's a gazebo that we were going to take pictures in, so that could still work, but I don't know what to do about the group pictures. I'm going to try to think of a good indoor location for pictures, like somewhere with nice architecture. I wish my town had a public greenhouse or something! Ugh.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Melle, on June 5, 2019 at 4:01 PM
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Is your photographer familiar with the area? Maybe he or she knows some nice spots within the area that could work.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

Yes, talk to the photographer and take their suggestions on a backup plan!

• K
    Savvy May 2019
    Kim ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t worry about it just yet! A lot can change in a week.

A week before my wedding, it called for thunderstorms all weekend. It stressed me out. But by the day before, Saturday was the only day it wasn’t going to rain. So hopefully it’ll be the same way!
  • Tish
    Devoted June 2019
    Tish ·
    • Flag
    I definitely think it’s good to plan ahead, but definitely have some hope that it could change. The forecast for my wedding day has been allllll over the place. It was calling for rain all day but now we are just 2 days out and it’s not supposed to rain at all. So 🤞🏻 That works out for you too. I talked to a meteorologist recently and he said it’s very common for weather forecasts to call for rain towards the end of the forecast. I did buy a couple of big clear umbrellas just in case though!
  • Sarah
    Savvy June 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Thanks everyone!! There's still a 50% chance of rain, but the thunderstorms have been moved back to 7pm instead of 3pm. Time to find some umbrellas! Our reception hall also has a side room with a fireplace so the backup plan is to take group photos there. It might look a bit like prom pictures lol but I'm going to try to put together a nice backdrop or some other props. Fingers still crossed for sun, though!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

A green house would have been such a beautiful option if there are any around! look for some places that have nice architecture, if anything. i know some city halls can look really nice, etc.

best of luck for your weather!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics