Skip to main content
Nique
Devoted July 2019

Bad luck

Nique, on July 1, 2019 at 9:56 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 20
Saved

So 11 days before the wedding and I was in a car accident and now have bruises all over my neck.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on July 2, 2019 at 12:20 PM
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica
    • Flag
    Oh no girl! Hoping you heal quickly 馃挄
  • Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle
    • Flag
    Wow could have been worse! So first off glad you're okay!

Perhaps speak to your photographer and makeup artist to see how they may be able to help cover some up.
  • Futuremrsk
    VIP August 2019
    Futuremrsk
    • Flag
    Oh no! I hope you heal quickly, and are happy you are not seriously injured! Can you talk with your make up artist about trying to cover them up? Maybe try the tattoo coverup out there? I think are some really good ones. Maybe ask your photographer if they would be willing to do some touch ups on the photos too? Try not to stress, and know that no matter what, you're getting married and it will be an amazing day!
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I bruise bad like burgundy color
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    I'll ask thank you .
  • Alhina
    Devoted August 2019
    Alhina
    • Flag
    I'm glad you're okay. Hope everything works out for you.
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca
    • Flag
    Oh, no! I'm glad you only have bruises, though, and are not more seriously hurt!
    I bruise easily, myself, so I swear by arnica gel. You can find it at your local drug store - it's a gel that you put on bruised/sore areas. It helps break down the spilled blood under your skin, thereby speeding up the healing process/fading the bruise.

• CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman
    • Flag
    I am glad you are ok. Are you having makeup done? They may be able to airbrush over it. Like with what they use for tattoos cover up.
  • Shelbi
    Savvy July 2021
    Shelbi
    • Flag
    Putting kinesiotape over a bruise can actually help reduce the bruise significantly within a couple days
  • Erin
    Expert May 2020
    Erin
    • Flag

Thank goodness you are okay! You could probably get your makeup artist to cover the bruises, or if you really want them gone you can find a last minute air brush artist to help out.

• Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo
    • Flag

I'm so sorry! I actually had the same thing happen to me before our wedding. It was a pretty serious accident, but I was essentially unharmed. I know it helped us keep things in perspective leading up to the day. However, it was definitely stressful dealing with insurance and buying a new car right before the wedding. I hope you heal quickly. Make sure to take it easy, your body (and brain!) needs rest!

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry
    • Flag

Oh no! Glad you are ok! Photoshop girl, talk to your photographer. They should be able to match the skin tone to cover them.

• Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    Thank you I'll look into it
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    Yes I am getting my makeup done
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    Thank you.
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    Dose it work
  • NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady
    • Flag

First of all, glad you're okay! Secondly, the makeup artist and the photographer will be able to take care of the marks no problem! And it will make for some story for you! Smiley smile

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly
    • Flag
    Thank goodness it's just bruising. Ice packs, make up, and photographer should be able to handle it.
    Feel better 鉂わ笍
  • Kate
    Devoted September 2019
    Kate
    • Flag
    So sorry that happened to you!! Hope the rest of your body us ok! Try arnica oil or gel. It helps with bruising 馃挏
  • Kimberly
    Super August 2020
    Kimberly
    • Flag

Oh no, I'm so so sorry! Rest, ice packs, arnica is natural and can help with the swelling if you have some, and of course your makeup artist can work wonders. Contact her now so she is aware and can pack the necessary makeup for the bruising.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics