We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rachel
Super June 2022

Back to the drawing board to find a veil!

Rachel, on January 1, 2021 at 11:36 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved Save
Hi, Everyone, Happy New Year!

I am still on the hunt for the perfect veil for my dress. It’s looking more and more like the matching veil that Hayley Paige makes for my gown I won’t be able to get due to the disputes between her and JLM Couture (and frankly, I don’t really want to give them any more of my business), so it’s back to the drawing board! I’m still considering a veil with lace trim or some sort of bling, but my dress has a very particular style of eyelet lace (I posted a close up) so I’m being cautious with what I choose. Choosing a veil can be tough! 😂Back to the drawing board to find a veil! 1
Back to the drawing board to find a veil! 2

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on January 2, 2021 at 5:48 PM
  • Michelle
    Master October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Alot of people have suggested Etsy
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    You can contact a seamstress to design a veil, as specific as you want 😉
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I am also torn on finding a veil for my dress! I was originally planning on a fingertip length, since the train on my dress is so long and detailed, but I'm now considering a cathedral veil. I'm (finally) going to try on cathedral veils with my dress at a bridal salon next week! Is there a bridal salon near you that has your dress in stock, that you can go and compare veils next to your dress to see how they look? You could also look at veils that maybe have a thin beading along the edge instead of lace? Lace may be difficult to find one that matches with your dress if it's not the one that's specifically designed for your dress, but beading should be easy to find!
  • Rachel
    Super June 2022
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg, I’m so glad that I’m not alone on this! I too am still struggling with the length because of it being a beach wedding and because of the train on my dress! I’m still leaning towards cathedral as I want something dramatic, but I think your beading recommendation is another possibility since I did see a couple that I liked. I’m going to have to do some research with various bridal salons to see what they recommend and if they have my dress ☺️
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I had the same struggle! I really wanted to wear a veil, but none of the ones I found were “right” for it. I finally just had one custom made. If you know what you want, but can’t find it anywhere, definitely consider a custom veil!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You are definitely not alone in the veil struggle! Cathedral on a beach would be beautiful!! I did a Google search for beach weddings and cathedral veils, and there were some gorgeous photos. You could always remove the veil after the ceremony (many people do this even without a cathedral veil). But the beading around the edge would give it enough decor to where it's not totally plain, but not too much detail to where it takes away from the dress. The original veil that I was going to wear with my dress was a plain veil with a thin line of beading (here's a picture of the one I was going to wear), and I thought it added just enough detail. Here's a few quick photos. Back to the drawing board to find a veil! 3

Back to the drawing board to find a veil! 4
    Also, if you can't find the right one in a store, you could always ask a seamstress to custom make one for you, either with lace or beading!
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Blanca veils. Look her up as she does custom veils for a good price.

• Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    Oh, before I forgot, pay attention to the width of the veil. I prefer the super wider ones 😉
  • Caitlin
    Devoted May 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    If you choose Cathedral go with a decent amouny of beading or weight on it . Just incase for wind and what not. With the dress though.. i think an elbow or waist length with some volume

https://darethcolburn.com/collections/elbow-fingertip-length-veils
  • AshleyR
    Master October 2016
    AshleyR ·
    • Flag
    Couldnt you just order the HP veil from another bridal salon? As long as they carry HP they can order anything she has available in her collection.
  • Caitlin
    Devoted May 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJnREmsj/
  • Caitlin
    Devoted May 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Https://www.etsy.com/shop/TailoredTulle?ref=search_shop_redirect.
    This is the link to a women whose tik tok i just tagged. (I hate that i cant edit the previous comment) She makes beautiful custom ones!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    You may want to consider finding a seamstress to custom make you one
  • Kate
    Devoted December 2018
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    Is there a way to contact Hailey Paige for extra fabric and have one made? I did that for my Rue de Siene dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics