Brittany
Dedicated November 2020

Babies

Brittany, on February 6, 2020 at 7:30 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 35
Saved
So my FH wants kids sooo bad. He's wanted kids since we met 4 years ago. He wants me to get off my birth control before the wedding. I'm not sure I want to get pregnant right away.

Who is planning to have babies right away? If not right away, is there a time frame you want to wait? Or, whatever happens, happens!

35 Comments

Latest activity by Alejandra, on February 19, 2020 at 3:09 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    We plan to start trying in June, which is 7 months after our wedding.
  • S
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    We’re planning right away! We’re both in mid-late 30s and I’ve been wanting kids for over 5 years now. Once the day is done we are going to be trying! But tell your fiancé it needs to be a decision that you both feel good about.
  • gratia01
    Devoted January 2021
    gratia01 ·
    • Flag
    We are pretty young right now, and still want to build up our careers a bit before having kids, so the plan is to wait 3-5 years. If I get pregnant before that we’re ok with that, but we’d like to wait for a while.
  • Kristyn
    Devoted July 2020
    Kristyn ·
    • Flag
    I think it all has to do with where you both are in your lives Smiley smile my fiance and I have triplets that were a surprise 3 years ago and we are finally stable enough financially to start to plan our wedding. so the best advice I would give is to really sit down and evaluate where you are in your lives are you still traveling and having your glory years or are you both in good jobs and financially and emotionally ready for the next commitment. babies are a blessing the best blessing but they also come with some hard days Smiley smile I would say enjoy the wedding and all that comes with your big day and then try for the baby so you can fully enjoy and embrace your pregnancy Smiley heart
  • Cynthia
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag

My wedding is in December and we are already, um, not preventing nature. Granted, we will be 35 (me) and 38 (him) on our wedding day so age is playing a factor in our decision making.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    We are going to start trying right away. We both want kids soon. My FH is 34 and I'm 28 so we want them soon.
  • Ally
    Dedicated June 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    We plan to wait awhile, or maybe not even have kids at all! We’re big into traveling and want to spend a lot of time doing that. We both work 7 days on, 7 days off, so it works out perfectly. We want to spend our younger years (I’m only 23 and he’s 25) traveling and growing up together. Then once we decide to settle down we’ll maybe choose to have kids. It doesn’t really bother either of us how old we are when we have kids, so after we get most of our traveling done and our careers set, then we’ll see what happens. I think we’ll wait at least 5 years.
  • Kelsi
    Expert June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    • Flag
    Just something to think about...your body will react differently, everyone’s does, after going off birth control. Weight fluctuation, possible period on your wedding day, acne, bloating etc are all things to consider you may deal with on your wedding day if you stop your birth control.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

FH has made jokes about starting on our honeymoon but I don't know if he's actually serious. I wouldn't mind. I've wanted kids for the longest time and I'm 7 years older than him so I can't help but feel like the sooner the better. For us it's more if it happens, it happens.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I am no where near starting to try aha. I've been married now for seven or so months and I don't see us even trying to have kids til another decade aha. But my bff is engaged and getting married later this year and she said she wanted to try to get pregnant soon after.
  • W
    Super September 2020
    Willow ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's a good idea to go off birth control before the wedding. The hormonal fluctuations, the unpredictability of how your body will react will all be added stressors and possibly additional expenses. You also should not be trying until you are BOTH completely on board. If you have to ask Internet strangers, you are not completely on board.
  • Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    We wanted to try right after the wedding on the honeymoon in March. We decided to stop using protection since "it takes awhile, anyways"..... 1 time, I'm preggo lol.
  • Stevie
    Devoted February 2020
    Stevie ·
    • Flag

I am almost in the same boat as you. I've been with my significant other for 7 years, but it is me who is almost wanting children right away lol. I know that's not entirely feasible since we are trying to move into a house after the wedding, so we agreed on 1-2 years (****)

• Laura
    VIP November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    We’re waiting...permanently. At my age, it’s just not realistic. There are some other factors as well.
  • Jennifer
    Super March 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Starting next month! We get married in April. With an upcoming deployment and our ages, waiting is not the best idea.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    We are waiting a few years. I am in graduate school for a clinical psychology docorate, and if I take time off for maternity leave, that would most likely add more time to my program. We're both turning 30 this year, so we definitely feel the ticking of the clock, but we probably won't start trying for another 2 years.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Never. But I had to have a hysterectomy due to cancer concerns when I was 29. And I have to tell you, watching all my friends raise their children, I'm so happy to not have to go thru that.
  • Brittany
    Dedicated November 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    His dad is a triplet so I'm so scared about that! I am younger but financially ready and in my career fully. He's 3 years older than me and keeps saying he wants to be pregnant before 30...which he will turn 29 a month before our wedding!
    I love kids and babies are so precious. I just don't know if I am fully ready to give up my freedom yet. Hey maybe it will change, our wedding is in November!
  • Brittany
    Dedicated November 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm sorry to hear that! And yes it's difficult. Kids are so amazing when you can give them back at the end of the day lol. I do want kids just not 100% sold on it in just 9 short months.
  • Brittany
    Dedicated November 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Before the wedding?! I don't want that to happen either! But congratulations!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics