Hi my fellow brides these days have been crazy. I know it’s a whole lot to take in and super stressful. Our wedding is scheduled for 8/9/2020 and we’ve decided to resume our planning as schedule especially since our venue only foresees us getting married as planned. But it has not been easy and I’m experiencing a lot of mixed emotion about our wedding. I’m curious to know how everyone else are taking this in. Especially those getting married in August and September. I would love to know how you all are handling the situation I feel somewhat alone in this mess.😣
We were supposed to be getting married to weeks from today. 💔 we had to reschedule to August and I am starting to feel overwhelmed and stressed about that date too. We may end up postponing again. We’re just taking it one day at a time. We are waiting until the end of June before we make any decisions. We updated our website and sent new change the dates letting guest know we are playing it by ear and will keep them informed. The uncertainty has made the wedding planning less fun especially if we have to postpone again. Hang in there ❤️❤️
View Quoted Comment
Thank you I still have hope. I’m looking forward to this wedding that is suppose to happen in June my friend is attending. And the venue is very nice. I’m routing for this June wedding so bad right now lol. It will give me more hope.
I think definitely have hope depending on where you are. Texas is already reopening, and a smaller wedding should be feasible by August. We're hoping to go ahead with our postponed wedding on 8/15. Deep breaths! At this point, we may just have to learn to live with the virus. A smaller wedding- 50 people - should be feasible by that point. Are you going to be indoors or outdoors? What state are you in? Part of it for me is accepting that a lot can change in two months - we thought we'd have our wedding on 4/4 until everything imploded in March. So at this point I'm just going to plan as is and have backup plans to keep our date. We might lose the money we've paid out, but what else can we do? Neither of us want to push this out to 2022.
We just postponed our August wedding to February and it was a huge relief. Our venue actually made the first move and we are grateful. For a while I tired to stay positive, but I just can’t see a scenario where large gatherings can be safe this summer. Guests would be so uncomfortable and it isn’t fair of us to put anyone at risk right now. I am confident that later in the year, after the summer, we will have better treatments and move closer to a vaccine.
View Quoted Comment
Yea we are in New York not the city but upstate it’s not as terrible here but the state is still on lockdown until the 15 of May. Hopefully more things are open and things are manageable by August. Most of my guest are excited about attending. My in-laws I know they want us to postpone or reschedule. I wanted a summer wedding my dream wedding. I’m sure you can agree that you don’t want to have to settle for anything less! If it doesn’t get to happen this year I hope our venue will agree on next year or give us a full refund!
We're (hopefully) getting married in September and have just started moving ahead with planning again. We're in Michigan--things are still pretty locked down here overall, but things seem to be improving and some companies are being given the okay to open. For now our plan is to keep going and monitor things the best we can while keeping backup dates in mind. We're also going to order enclosure cards to send with our invitations letting guests know we're monitoring the pandemic and will let them know ASAP if we end up postponing.
We postponed our 8/1/20 wedding to 4/17/21. We’re still having a civil wedding on our original date. We just didn’t want to risk our loved ones’ health even if we were able to still have our August wedding. A lot of our guests were already expecting us to postpone before we made the call. All our vendors were understanding. I cried about it twice, and got over it. Now we feel so much relief and are actually excited to have two different types of weddings. And also more time to plan and save. In the end, we had to face reality which we were avoiding for so long. I finally realized that no matter how we got married, it was going to be okay as long as we were married.
Our wedding was scheduled for October 3rd. But even hearing RUMORS that this covid-19 May come back in the fall (after everything reopens) kind of messed with my head a bit. I actually moved out wedding UP to August 16th. Cut down my guest list from 100, to 20 people, and we will be doing a super intimate wedding ceremony. It’s safer this way. And in the end, it ended up being actually perfect. Because as you’re making you’re making your guest list (at least for me), I kept saying to myself “why am I inviting this person if we barely talk? Just because they’re FAMILY?” Smaller weddings give less opportunity for the virus to spread. So it ended up being exactly what we wanted. AND it’s saving us $3,000! That’s just the cherry on top 👏🏻
Ours is set for August 8th, but we went ahead and planned a backup date of June 5th, 2021. We still plan to have a private ceremony in August, and then just move the reception to June of next year. Emailing my vendors and coming up with a contingency plan made me feel so much better! I’m just excited for our small ceremony at this point. Best of luck to you!
So my wedding was supposed to be May 8, 2020 and I postponed to a week day August 20, 2020. Ordered “re-save the date” and hoping that things will be okay before August to continue with the wedding. My guests, well most of them, are okay with the August wedding. Fingers crossed!
We were supposed to get married yesterday and we moved it to August 14th in Wisconsin. Still a waiting game, but we think we’ll be able to at least have a gathering of 50 at that time, so we are moving forward and just waiting to see how much of our original list will actually get to come. We are ready to be married and are not willing to wait until next year. If anything, we’ll have a casual party sometime in the future to be able to celebrate again, and with everyone. Best of luck to you! I would wait a little while longer to decide what to do, because I think it would be a worse feeling to postpone now and then realize it could have happened. Things are changing by the day and we still have some time. 💕
Our wedding date is 8/22/20 in Toledo Ohio. We are feeling more and more positive as the days go on. Ohio is opening a lot of things up and I feel by that time we should have a little gap with everything going on in the world. I have been a nervous wreck though (slightly getting better now) but I always track the data for Ohio and it seems promising. Hoping we are all able to have our special days ❤️
Definitely not alone. I have been ranging from hopeful to sadness on a daily basis. We are supposed to get married September 5th. What really hit hard was that our Airbnbs for the honeymoon began cancelling on us last week. We chose Italy a year ago obviously not knowing what would happen. Without a honeymoon and a cancelled bridal shower I was ready to give up and move to next year so I wouldn't have anymore disappointment but I contacted my venue and they won't let us move any of our deposits until they can reassess the situation at the end of June/July so here we are. I went and booked a nice Airbnb in the mountains near us that we can drive to for the time we took off already for the honeymoon. I figured if stuff is still shut down we still have something to look forward to and hiking won't require human interaction. As for the wedding I'm going to try to forget about it until the June/July and am still hopeful that we can have it. Wishing you the best.
My wedding is scheduled for September in Wisconsin. I'm feeling better everyday about it. The governor recently announced that he doesn't see the point or reason to extend the stay at home order past May 26th, it's in court right now though because it's actually illegal to have it extended past today. Things will get better. My venue is also very large with a max capacity of 600 so even if we can only have 25% of the capacity we will be ok. Social distancing can be practiced very easily there.
I was supposed to get married 09/26 but I moved my wedding till next year just to be safe 09/25/21
We live in Michigan and our date was for August 2nd.. after the stay at home for extend to May 28 and not knowing if it will extend again. I’m worried I won’t have enough time or what places will be open to finish the finally wedding details by then. I still don’t have my dress and we held back from sending invitations .😩😔 Reaching out to my venue today to see what options we have.
I wanted to write to your post as i live in Ohio as well. Our wedding is August 8th, 2020. And i am just now starting to be a nervous wreck feeling like it wont be able to happen. Im at a loss of what to do... im afraid August will come and we are still only allowed to have a gatherong of 10 people. (I dont want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars for 10 people to be there). Have you heard anything about weddings lately here in ohio? (Maybe it'll be something i missed)
View Quoted Comment
I haven’t heard much. However, based on what Dewine is saying for restaurants opening (not having a “capacity limit”just following the safe guidelines) we feel that is a good sign for august weddings. Our venue is a country club that has a part of the restaurant in it. My venue seems very optimistic and is helping me through all of this panic. I think of it two ways 1) do what makes you feel comfortable and 2) put a strict deadline of when you either want to continue on with the event or postpone. Our cut off date is June 20. That gives us about 10 weeks before the event. I am hoping and praying this will be okay. I think we just have to take it day by day which is the hard part. I am thankful Ohio has done better than most states though with things, so that brings me hope.