I have the same date (9/25/21) and the reception is currently planned at an indoor venue downtown Grand Rapids. With news of the vaccine rollout in December I stopped worrying but now I’m seriously worrying again. Our Governor is one of the strictest on gathering limitations. If indoor receptions are still severely restricted I have no idea what we’re going to do! I think it’s time to start brainstorming a Plan B reception outdoors. Unfortunately there aren’t very many viable or promising options for a Plan B.....
We have an August wedding planned . Last year felt good about it since the discussions were by April we would be close to no virus or at least a very high amount vaccinated or already had it. Now with our governor keeping restrictions we are worried. If we could take the politics out of this and get back to normal and leave it up to each person it would be much better.
View Quoted Comment
How many people are you planning for? Mine is indoors as well but I know last year my venue was having tent weddings outdoors. Im just stressing about all the money I put in. If I were to cancel the whole entire wedding I would be out 6k and its just super stressful.
Our wedding is 9/11/21 in Clinton township MI. We are currently planning everything as normal with an outdoor ceremony and and indoor reception. I'm feeling pretty confident that we will be able to have our planned wedding by that time. If not, we will postpone until next year. Im not having an outdoor reception. That just sounds like hell on earth to me. Lol.
We have a barn but also a tent rental to keep most festivities outdoors and we're planning on supplying masks for our guests, wedding party will be for the most part maskless but hoping to be vaccinated by then too. Kept the guest list to under 65 people. 8/14/21
View Quoted Comment
We have a 180 person guest count. 😓 I think we will either have to A) go on as planned with the indoor venue and likely have to cut it down from 180 to maybe 25-50 or B) scrap the indoor venue and try and find an outdoor space but keep all of our current vendors
I'm planning an all-outdoor wedding at my parents house for August 14, 2021! I'm just not sure what to expect with restrictions in August, so planing a "covid-friendly" wedding is the route I'm choosing. We're also limiting our guest list to 100. Hopefully we won't need to adjust our current plans. If it rains, then we'll just have to squeeze into the tent, and if it thunders then we'll say I Do and take some cake to go! I hope that indoor gatherings are allowed and that no one has to reschedule or re-plan their wedding this summer. But I do know of several weddings of friends and acquaintances where positive covid cases ruined their wedding day-of and others where there were lots of positive cases from the wedding.
Our wedding date is September 11 of this year. The ceremony is going to be outside, but doesn’t have to do with COVID. We are hoping everything will be good by then. The reception is supposed to be inside, but they have a nice tent available if worse comes to worse. Hoping everything gets better and it is definitely stressful having to plan with the unknown
September 18th of this year, planning outdoor for ceremony and partially indoor for reception at a location with lots of space. Our guest list with wedding party, pre-rsvp’s, is about 65 but that has more to do with keeping it more intimate and drama free rather than with the covid sitch. We live in a small town in the U.P. The people we’re inviting are currently and have been social distancing and wearing masks all along. Majority of guests are local, very few from out of town and those that are, wouldn’t be traveling far and they all practice social distancing etc. If things do get worse our backup plan is to just have us and our witnesses and immediate family with the officiant and have a huge party later at some point. Or not. Who knows. The good thing is that no matter what we won’t be out an astronomical amount of money because I’m doing all the planning and decor myself, we have a lot of connections, and I’m quite thrifty lol. If we end up having to go the back up route I can just use my decorating supplies to make and sell home decor items online etc.
View Quoted Comment
Wow, thaaat’s a big wedding! Congratz! I went to the florist today and got quoted $3,500 for flowers, and I only have 15 tables. We wouldn't be able to afford so many guests for sure 😅 The more, the merrier!
Our wedding is August 28th with a 325 guest count. It’s indoors but the venue has the ability to move it outside but for only a fraction of the people. We have the entire hall which holds 550 so hoping for at the very least the governor to open up to 50% capacity for indoor dining so if we have to cut it won’t be as terrible. I looked into backup options but our contract has us losing too much money to cancel with our current venue. Doesn’t seem worth it. We are moving forward and hoping for the best! Sending all the positive vibes to all my other covid brides out there! 🙌🏻
We have our wedding 9/3 of this year. We are moving forward as planned until our venue tells us otherwise. We have the guest list at about 100 people and I’m hoping we won’t have to cut it down. Our venue has the option of doing the reception outside so we can do that if needed. The ceremony is already outside. I think we lucked out with our venue (Fenton Winery and Brewery) because they said they had weddings all throughout 2020 with restrictions and didn’t have to cancel anyone’s wedding. Fingers crossed by summer things will be in a better spot and restrictions won’t be as tight 🤞
Early October in St. Ignace MI. As of now we are planning a backyard wedding and reception with tents. Due to the circumstances of the governor and we aren’t really sure what will come about we chose to do the simplistic backyard wedding in case we get shut down again! Praying the weather holds out. Our guest list is looking around 180 people.