Queen Cone
Devoted September 2020

Attention New York Brides!!!

Queen Cone, on June 1, 2020 at 6:04 PM Posted in New York Planning 1 14
Saved
Hello fellow NYers. Anyone getting married in the next few months? Curious if you have heard from your venues... my newest annoyance is Cuomo’s order that hair services only will take place in phase 2 (no makeup). Do we think makeup might be allowed in phase 3 or 4??

14 Comments

Latest activity by AnaA, on June 5, 2020 at 4:47 PM
  • Katie
    Dedicated May 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    We postponed our June wedding 2 months ago. Though in NY things are reopening gathering bans are still in effect as well as social distancing guidelines. Even in phase 4 gatherings are limited to 50 people. Make sure you talk to your venue because they have to follow orders. This includes everyone wearing a face mask since that is now mandatory for every business in NY.
  • Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How do you know gatherings of more than 50 are banned in phase 4? other people have said their venues are allowing 50% capacity in phase 3
  • Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    Also face masks arent required. the order is just that business CAN refuse to serve someone without a mask. not must
  • Katie
    Dedicated May 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    In Coumo’s reopening guidelines. You will just have to check with your venue. Since your wedding is in September I truly would not be to worried about gatherings at that point. There has also been talk of counties no longer following what our governor is saying and doing things based on what is going on for each section.
  • Katie
    Dedicated May 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Correct business are a part of that. I would ask your venue if they are requiring guest to wear mask so people can’t be turned away.
  • Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Everyone who works at my venue is furloughed right now so i cant ask but the phase 3 and 4 guidance hasnt been published yet so there’s no way for them to know at this point. its also outdoor which means most likely mask wont be required unless unable to maintain 6 feet distance
  • S
    Dedicated September 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Following. (Hopefully) Sept 2020, NYC.

• Courtney
    Dedicated October 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Following. I'm in WNY and my original date was May 30th. We postponed to July 18th back in March thinking that things would be long over by then - WOW were we wrong - but now it's looking like that date isn't happening either. Our venue gave us a back up date of October 24th but I am not sure at this point if I want to go through with that and wait it out, or postpone to next year. My venue has partially reopened today for outside catering only, no banquets, and they really don't have much information or guidelines to give me as of now. It's such a difficult time!

• Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes it is a difficult time in so many ways. hope things work out for you
  • Naikesha
    Super September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

I think NY will have make up in phase 4 but if not you can have someone come to you. Not in a shop. i live in NY please feel free to PM me if you need some referrals.

• Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope so! I’m worried that because it requires removal of mask and masks are required in phase 4 that it still wont be allowed. We will see!
  • AnaA
    Savvy October 2026
    AnaA ·
    • Flag

I actually received an email from our venue letting us know that they were not having wedding with more than 25 people on premise for the rest of the year. We were set to marry 10/03/2020. We had to set a new date for November 13th 2021.

• Samantha
    Dedicated August 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Where is your venue located? And are you relieved to finally have an answer...?
  • AnaA
    Savvy October 2026
    AnaA ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It is on the east end of Long Island.

Yes we were already debating on postponing it until 2021 to begin with but the venue sending this email just made out decision easier. I'm not in love with the new date but that is all they had available for next fall. I am sure that I will warm up to it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics