M
Beginner October 2019

Aruba!!!

Marissa, on September 11, 2019 at 5:56 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 3
Saved Save
Hi everyone! For anyone who has recently been to Aruba or is planning on going, what excursions did you choose to book? If you went already, which did you like the best? What Resturaunt’s do you recommend?

Do you have any tips on saving money on booking excursions or vouchers for Restaurants like are there certain sites or did you find it better to wait to book there? I’ll be out there for 7 days next month so I kind of want to have a full itinerary.

3 Comments

• Karina
    Savvy June 2020
    Karina ·
    My FH and I went to Aruba last year, and we booked everything while there. We stayed on a Holiday in right on the beach in Oranjestad so they had a lot of beach activities to do. My favorite excursion was an ATV tour around historical parts of the Island. You can chose to ride the ATV or have a tour guide (you will most likely be with other people). We chose the tour guide option because the hills are pretty steep and we are not experienced with ATVs lol. This option was awesome, we got to hang out with 2 other couples for the day, go swimming in the natural pool and had lunch after; all for one price. We went to this restaurant called Barefoot in Oranjestad, it was gorgeous! All the tables are placed in the sand on the beach and if you can go during sunset it’s absolutely beautiful and the food is soo worth it! This trip was by far one of our absolute favorites, we definitely plan on going back!
  • M
    Beginner October 2019
    Marissa ·
    Great recommendations! Thank you!
  • Jacquelene
    Savvy October 2021
    Jacquelene ·

Hey, you are in luck. I've been to Aruba 10 times and I used to work for the tourism office. I was so excited to see your post! Aruba is my heart!

https://arubadining.com This is the link to the dine-around program. This is a pretty good deal. And there are a lot of options available.

Excursions can be booked at the resort. I highly recommend an island tour (De Palm has a great one). You should do a catamaran sunset sail as well. If you like to drink, you cannot miss the Kukoo Kunuku Pub Krawl. Check their website because they might have a discount if you book on their site. For the first time, last year, I took the Made in Aruba Tour. Loved it!

Restaurants.... I don't know if you're staying in Eagle or Palm Beach. Palm has a nice string of restaurants that have what I like to call "early bird" dinner specials. They'll normally include salad, entree and dessert. We loved Diane's Pancake place for dutch pancakes and great service. I love El Gaucho, Driftwood, Screaming Eagle, Aqua Grill and Taste of Belgium.

Enjoy!

Comment on this discussion