We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Aspen
Beginner July 2021

Army wife to be

Aspen, on June 26, 2020 at 10:44 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved Save
Anyone on here going to be an army wife??? My fiancé is in the army and is active duty. Just curious if anyone else is going to be living this lifestyle

7 Comments

Latest activity by Elmarose04, on August 9, 2020 at 4:18 PM
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    My husband did ten years active duty and is now in the reserves. But it seems like they deploy them just as often. He’s still gone for training/schools and when we move he’ll have to fly out for drill every month. He’s thinking about going back to active duty for the pay. It’s certainly done nothing for my nerves lol. Good luck to you!
  • Brittany
    Rockstar October 2020
    Brittany Online ·
    • Flag

So I am a military brat but not myself nor FH in the military but have lived that type of lifestyle as a child. My mum was active military for 20 years and in the military for 28 years, so we moved around a lot and she was deployed three times while my sister and I were going to school. I will say this though I was going to be a military wife a few years ago and it scared me but also made me love the little moments. So I say thank you for your commitment and please tell him for me, thank you for his service. I know it's rough but it's worth the battle, right?

• Aspen
    Beginner July 2021
    Aspen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! ❤️
  • Aspen
    Beginner July 2021
    Aspen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!!
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    As an Army brat (both my parents were MPs), I can say that it is a very different life. However, you will become really close with other folks wherever he is stationed. And those relationships will help you through the moves and the deployments more than you can imagine at this point.
    The added bonus is all the advancements in technology versus even 15 years ago. You won’t necessarily be waiting on letters. You’ll have the chance to video chat and message online.
    Thank him for his service and thank you for being brave and strong enough to support him and your family. The spouses and families never get enough credit.
  • Jennifer
    Super March 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    My husband is in the Marines. It isn't too terrible but you have to learn to quickly adapt to frequent changes. Once you learn this it is much easier to accept the things we cannot change.
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04 ·
    • Flag

I am! My fiancé is in the Army stationed in Fort Polk Louisiana but when we are married we might be in North Carolina. We will be getting married next year 🥰 I am nervous of the lifestyle given he is a medic and is always on call 😭 I've spoken to other wives in the base and I know I really need to have my feet grounded and lots of prayer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles