We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

L
Just Said Yes August 2021

Are you using a travel agent?

Luci, on February 16, 2020 at 8:57 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
Saved Save

My future mother in law asked me tonight if we wanted a travel agent recommendation for our honeymoon. Honestly we are newly engaged and are so busy starting our wedding plans we didn't even think about the honeymoon yet. Is this still a thing people use? She said she could help us figure out where were going and get discounts. I figure I'd probably use like Expedia or something and didnt even know agents still exist. Anyone use one?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Nadeem, on February 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM
  • Nicole
    VIP September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

We didn't. I planned and booked the entire thing myself (12 days in Ireland, Scotland, and England). I think if you enjoy planning and researching, you could probably do it all yourself. However, if it sounds like a headache for you, then it probably wouldn't hurt to see if a travel agent could help you (you could even book through AAA if you have a membership).

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    We didn’t. I think some travel agents could offer a discount but it might not even be good.
  • Cortney
    Devoted August 2020
    Cortney ·
    • Flag
    We didn’t/aren’t. I basically plan a yearly trip with a friend of mine to various places so I feel like a travel agent wouldn’t be cheaper. That said, it takes A LOT of time. I’m not sure if they can do a cheaper version of the same, but it’s not my style. I like to see everything and do everything, pick my own hotels, etc.
    Anyone with more info, please change my mind Smiley smile
  • Amy
    Dedicated August 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I did. I did all my research first and contacted an agent after to see what she could do for deals. She found the same pricing I did BUT they offered an insurance on their tickets for things which sold it for me. We spent a very pretty penny and bc of our jobs we need things insured. European river cruise plus 4 days in Scotland.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    We went with a travel agent and it has been a nightmare. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't. There hasn't been any benefit financially or emotionally.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Alys ·
    • Flag
    I’ve never used a travel agent in my life. And neither has anyone I know who around my age. Still, I’ve managed to travel to almost 40 countries. If you know how to use the internet, you can book everything you need.

I think it’s (1) a generational thing, older people are used to using agents, not as used to planning their own trips (2) very useful if you’re shelling out for high cost luxury trips b/c the agents are like concierges who can plan every aspect for you and arrange special experiences and touches and accommodate unique requests. But be willing to spend a LOT of money for such services.
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

We didn't use a travel agent. I planned & booked our 7 night/8 day honeymoon to Turks & Caicos all by myself! I plan several vacations for my family/friends every year so I wanted to do everything myself for the honeymoon. We're staying in an Airbnb so we didn't need a travel agent. We, also, got our flights almost free with my credit card reward miles.

• Kendra
    Devoted August 2020
    Kendra ·
    • Flag

I love planning my own trips and I don't like not having control of the information/confirmations. I contacted a AAA agent about a sandals vacation and she booked flights without even asking me what times I would prefer. I got so mad about it and didn't call her back to confirm. She didn't even ask if we were a part of traveler programs or had TSA precheck.

I'd say it depends on what you're looking for and what you're comfortable with. I've just heard horror stories about people's experiences with agents.

• Lau’Ren
    Dedicated August 2020
    Lau’Ren ·
    • Flag
    We travel all the time so I did not. Did a few weeks worth of research and then booked an all inclusive through Priceline. Downside is we had to pay it all upfront but the good thing is that, that’s one expense paid in full that we no longer have to worry about.
  • Tamera
    Expert May 2020
    Tamera ·
    • Flag

We used one to book our flights and it was great. We had already decided on Hawaii, but we needed to book flights. We live in North Carolina, and had to get across the country first, and then get to Hawaii, which is about 10 hours of travel. I was able to give her all my specifics (when we wanted to leave, what airports, which airlines, etc.) and she was able to find exactly what we wanted. It would have taken me much longer to coordinate everything. And the fees were worked into our total price for booking, and it was not outrageous.

• N
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Nadeem ·
    • Flag

We are also planning for our honeymoon. we are getting married after two months. My partner is a Russian. She wants me to visit Russia for a honeymoon trip where her family is living. She has three sisters and her mother in his family. I don't know anything about Russian women and culture there because I have never been to Russia. From the past few days am searching about Russian women's nature and interests because I have no idea how to treat her family. I have found an article https://online4.love/russian-women/ which is truly written about Russian women. but I am still searching about Russian ladies and the culture there. if you have any suggestions for me, please share it with me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics