Laura
Expert August 2020

Are we supposed to match the color of the metal of our e-ring to our bridal jewelry?

Laura, on February 27, 2020 at 11:07 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved Save

What is everyone doing? I am so conflicted about this... Do we match metals or not? Or? Ideas wanted... I have a rose gold, morganite, and diamond e-ring. What would you wear with that?

14 Comments

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I matched it but I don’t think you need to. Your e ring is one of those things where the rest of your jewelry doesn’t need to match it
  • S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

I've noticed the Royals (Queen Elizabeth and Duchess Kate) have white gold/platinum engagement rings and yellow gold bands. I don't think it really matters as long as you are happy.

• M
    Devoted October 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Mixed metals are super fine (and super in right now, too)

• Laura
    Expert August 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag

My dress is ivory and I'm not a fan of yellow gold. I do love white gold and silver. Thoughts?? I can't seem to make up my mind and I don't want to buy over and over again. Here's my ring. And dress...

Are we supposed to match the color of the metal of our e-ring to our bridal jewelry? 1

82967532_569680003586479_126891200987791

• Alexis
    Savvy October 2020
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    My engagement ring is white gold, but I’m loving rose gold with my dress so I have decided on rose gold accessories (jewelry, belt, headband). Not that anyone else will notice, but I envision my engagement ring “standing out” because it won’t match. Come to think of it, my something blue is an aqua marine set in yellow gold that I will wear on my right hand so all metals will be represented Smiley winking
  • KaiJan33
    Dedicated July 2020
    KaiJan33 ·
    • Flag
    My engagement ring is rose gold, so I decided to incorporate it into my dress accessories and the wedding colors as an accent. The wedding colors are light blush/pink/coral hues with rose gold and greens.
    I think go with colors that will make you most confident and beautiful on your wedding day ❣️
    Here is my jewelry 🙂
    Are we supposed to match the color of the metal of our e-ring to our bridal jewelry? 2

Are we supposed to match the color of the metal of our e-ring to our bridal jewelry? 3

• Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

Mine have to match or my OCD side will go crazy lol but I think it's totally up to you. My alma mater has class rings that are SUPER important... like it's a bigger deal to get your ring than it is to graduate. Once you get it, most wear them forever. SO I wanted my engagement ring and wedding band to match it. Here's a photo of my Aggie ring and engagement ringSmiley smile

Are we supposed to match the color of the metal of our e-ring to our bridal jewelry? 4

• Kate
    Devoted October 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh the rose gold with your dress is sooo dreamy. I feel like you should stick to the rose gold, another color metal might clash!

• Kari
    Super May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I don't like yellow gold either.

My e-ring is rose gold with a gray diamond and white sapphires, and I got a rose gold wedding band. My FH got a white gold band. Most jewelry I own is white gold. Wear whatever you feel flatters you and the overall look and don't worry about it matching your e-ring/wedding band.

• Katharine
    Devoted July 2020
    Katharine ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's necessary unless you really want to. I have a white gold ring and will be wearing yellow gold jewelry that matches my dress.

• Katharine
    Devoted July 2020
    Katharine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'd go with rose gold jewelry to match your ring. You don't even need a necklace with that lovely neckline (unless you want one of course), just earrings and a bracelet. Though a ribbon belt with rose gold accents would be gorgeous with your dress!

• Laura
    Expert August 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!! What about shoes? Rose gold too? Ore keep it simple and do ivory?
  • Laura
    Expert August 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh thank you!!!! Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Expert August 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's fantastic! They look amazing together!! Smiley heart