Skip to main content
PrettyinPink
Expert March 2018

Are these songs appropriate?

PrettyinPink, on February 22, 2018 at 2:15 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved

What do you all think of Only Hope by Mandy Moore (from A Walk to Remember) as what I walk down the aisle to, Beauty and the Beast (the original lyrical one with Celine Dion and Peabo) for the wedding party, and then as the recessional song Harry in Winter (from Goblet of Fire)? I know it is kind of quirky, but we wanted to incorporate some of our favorite movies into it. Our venue is a ballroom and it is a formal evening wedding. I know instrumental versions are better for a lot of ceremony music so that is why I am asking. I am one month away and still deciding. Also, not sure if the recessional song should be more upbeat...but, I love the Harry Potter song. I know it is our wedding and we should do what we want, but I want to make sure it is appropriate. Thanks!

Only Hope

Beauty and the Beast

Harry in Winter

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bride2Be, on February 22, 2018 at 9:41 PM
  • Deirdre
    Super March 2018
    Deirdre ·
    • Flag

I think those songs are fine. I know a lot of people who use the Beauty and the Beast song. I personally like ceremonies where the music means something to the couple as opposed to the more generic wedding songs. We are doing a combination of instrumental and songs with lyrics. I am going to come in to Can't Take My Eyes Off of You and we are having it sung, because I love the words and wanted to hear them when I walk towards FH. I'm all about pick the music that makes you happy.

• K
    Just Said Yes March 2019
    Kirstyn ·
    • Flag
    I love the song Only Hope and am a huge Harry Potter fan so I say go for it!
  • Denise
    Expert June 2018
    Denise ·
    • Flag
    I'm obsessed with Harry in Winter 😭❤️ It's going to be amazing! Please do it! Those are all wonderful songs!
  • AllieB25
    Expert October 2018
    AllieB25 ·
    • Flag

I love the song Only Hope but it's kind of depressing to me just because of what happens to Mandy Moore in that movie...

Beauty and the Beast always struck me as a weird wedding song becuase it feels like you're calling your FS a beast. I LOVE that movie and that song, so maybe I'm overanalyzing now.

I love Harry Potter as well, and that soundtrack is amazing. I think that song is beautiful.

You have great taste in music! Not sure if all these are 'wedding' songs to me, but you should do what you want. I love that you're incorporating music that's important to you.

• Nicole
    Super November 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I think those songs are great! We had 1000 Years from Twilight as our first dance song as well as the instrumental version for the processional.
  • PrettyinPink
    Expert March 2018
    PrettyinPink ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, I know she dies at the end...so, kind of awkward but the song makes me cry. I kind of wanted to use the Switchfoot version - the one she walks down the aisle to, but fiance loves the Mandy Moore version. Yeah, that was my only worry about using Beauty and the Beast song...ugh...so many things to worry about.

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·
    • Flag
    Beauty and the Beast? I can’t get behind that. I don’t know the song Only Hope but I just googled the lyrics and it’s a lovely song.
  • Steph N.
    Super October 2018
    Steph N. ·
    • Flag
    I actually love the song Only Hope and I’m not a Mandy Moore fan musically. (I love her in This Is Us!) I think it’s a good pick for a wedding!
  • PrettyinPink
    Expert March 2018
    PrettyinPink ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol, I might have to change that one. It is kind of weird now that I think of it. I'm not trying to call the men "beasts" by any means, but I can see where you may be coming from. Only Hope is supposed to be a song worshipping God or a higher power, but I think it is still fitting.

• B
    Dedicated May 2019
    Bride2Be ·
    • Flag
    I love Only Hope, though I prefer the Switchfoot version, but Mandy Moore's is good too.

And the Harry Potter score is lovely, I've been listening to a lot of scores recently for ideas, including Harry Porter, Hunger Games, GoT, and Lost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics