Beginner April 2020

April 18th wedding heartbreak

Nycole, on March 18, 2020 at 2:27 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 11
We have until april 1 to decide if we are keeping our date or not. We have 146 guests. We got our marriage license Monday. I have been been planning this for 2 years and I am devastated. However my wedding venue said they have no intention of cancelling or postponing. We have 3 options: continue on and keep the same date and risk paying for people that wont show because if it. Singing the papers and keeping the date as is, canceling the venue and just have a reception after. Or pushing the date back. We are trying to hold out as much as possible. But we also run the risk if we keep the date that my grandma who has no immune system wont be able to go. This is so stressful and heartbreaking!


Latest activity by Bperri1187, on March 19, 2020 at 10:18 AM
  • Ciera
    Savvy May 2020
    Ciera ·
    • Flag
    So very sorry your going threw this, I’m in the same situation. Really sucks after all the planning and something like this happens. Hopefully in the next week thing looks better.
    • Reply
  • N
    Beginner April 2020
    Nycole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are hoping!! I'm sorry you are going through this as well!! Hoping for good news in 2 weeks!!
    • Reply
  • Megan
    Beginner August 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Oh girl, I’m so so sorry!!! My wedding date is in August but I’ve been thinking of all of you Spring brides. I don’t know what advice to give but just know I’m thinking about you!
    • Reply
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    Our original date was April 25th but have postponed to September. We are still hoping to get married on the 25th if we can, just having a tiny ceremony at my parents house with immediate family. The CDC and White House officials came out with new guidelines a few days ago that limits social gatherings to 10 people. If I were you, I would postpone. It’s a really devastating thing but it’s in the best interest of everyone.
    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I’m sorry you have to go thru this. I do think the best option right now would be to postpone the reception. We are a time where the next few weeks are absolutely significant in the impact of flattening the curve to this virus.
    • Reply
  • Paula
    Savvy November 2021
    Paula ·
    • Flag
    My wedding was scheduled for April 4. I live in Florida and our venue has been mandated that they can not hold weddings for 2 months. I had no choice but to postpone. With everything going on, it’s for the best. I have an amazing coordinator who has contacted all my vendors and rescheduled for December 6. Good luck to everyone going through this, I feel for you. ❤️
    • Reply
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2020
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

    We are in the same boat. We are supposed to be getting married April 11. We are holding out and making a decision to reschedule by April 4. I'm hoping cases start to decrease and they will lift some of these bans. Where I live, most things are only canceled the next 2 weeks so far. I know it's a long shot, but we definitely do not want to cancel! Best of luck to you! It's a hard decision for sure. If you need to talk, or vent, or need anything at all, fell free to message me!

    • Reply
  • McKenzie
    Savvy October 2020
    McKenzie ·
    • Flag
    We are in the same boat. Our date is scheduled for April 25th and it is devastating to think that after all of the hard work and planning, we will have to postpone. Our venue has no plans to cancel but all of my family is flying in from FL. We are taking it day-by-day, having our vendors on stand by just in case we have to postpone.

    Spring brides, we will get through this!!
    • Reply
  • Caroline
    Dedicated August 2020
    Caroline ·
    • Flag
    April 18th bride here, too! We rescheduled to 08/30 after it came recommended by our venue. I’m not as upset as I thought I would be either— I think I have my fiancé to thank for that! He’s been so positive while I’ve been a mess lol.
    But our venue and vendors were all available that date, so I’m extra grateful that it worked out perfect, though I’m not super stoked it’s a Sunday wedding. But 95% of our guests are available, so I’m happy! We’re going to make the most of it ❤️ I hope everything works out for you girl! It’s heartbreaking at first, especially if you planned this day for so long, but at the end of the day you’re marrying your best friend and that’s all that matters 💓
    • Reply
  • Joyce
    Dedicated October 2020
    Joyce ·
    • Flag

    Push the date back. That's what we did. It was definitely hard and heartbreaking at first, but you feel so much less anxiety afterward. This is not going to be over by April, and that sucks. But you have a better shot at rescheduling for a date that works for you, your guest,s and your vendors if you reschedule now rather than later -- those dates are filling up with other couples who are rescheduling.

    • Reply
  • B
    Beginner May 2020
    Bperri1187 ·
    • Flag
    My bridal shower is that weekend and we are sadly canceling. My wedding is in May and are holding off on sending out invitations.

    Some people have brought to my attention the idea of doing a small intimate ceremony and then have the reception months to follow.
    My fingers are crossed for you. No matter what happens it will be a memory
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇


Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more


WeddingWire article topics