We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alisha
Devoted August 2020

Anyone not having a bridal party

Alisha, on March 15, 2020 at 6:46 AM Posted in Planning 0 36
Saved Save
Why did you make the decision to not have a bridal party? Also, do you feel less stressed?
From the beginning I made that decision and it was the best thing I could have done. I hear so many horror stories. People are always shocked when I tell them I'm not having a bridal party. I feel its the best wedding present to myself lol

36 Comments

• JANELLE
    Savvy May 2020
    JANELLE ·
    • Flag
    I am not having a bridal party, i never felt the need to have one. I know that my sister in laws and friends will still do all the “fun” things with me. I just didn’t want to deal with any potential stress or drama that could come from it (even tho I don’t think any of them would have made things difficult). I am having a destination wedding so it did make it easier to make that decision. My one SIL went wedding dress shopping with me, helped me plan, has come to every single dress fitting, booking spa days for us and etc. It feels like she’s a MOH but she isn’t standing up there with me.
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aw thats sweet of her to be so involved. I didnt want to deal with any potential drama either but also, I actually like the idea of just us two being up there. Adds to our romantic vibe ❤
  • JANELLE
    Savvy May 2020
    JANELLE ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Completely agree!!! I don’t think anyone has thought it was weird that we aren’t having a bridal party but that could be because it’s a destination wedding so I feel like things are usually pretty different to begin with lol!
  • Natalie
    Devoted April 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    I totally understand you on the whole “everyone not getting it thing”. My mom - and my DAD, someone who I never would’ve considered to care about any wedding detail - both flipped when I said I didn’t want bridesmaids lol. And you know what? It’s been smooth sailing so far, so no regrets!
  • Hope
    Dedicated August 2020
    Hope ·
    • Flag
    I’m not. I’m an older bride (I’m 48), and we have adult children. Our children will kinda be our bridal party. They’ll walk down before us looking pretty, but that’s it.
    I’m so over the drama crap I see so many other people going through. Life is too short for that stuff!
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Some traditions are that solid lol yay! so happy its made planning go smoothly for you! absolutely no regrets on my end either! Its our day it should be all about us right?😉😁
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes completely agree! 😁
  • Megan
    Expert May 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I plan on only having my best friend ( who lives in a different state) in my bridal party and he is having his two brother, my mom keeps trying to recommend adding people and I'm pretty firm on not adding people just to add people. I have a few people that could add but I feel like it would add drama and it's not what I want.
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm glad you're doing what you want and not what others tell you. Having only us two up there would really add to the romantic vibe we're going for so I love the idea of it💕
  • Fenja
    Rockstar December 2020
    Fenja ·
    • Flag

I'm not, didn't want the stress coming with it. Additionally, my friends all live in Europe and any planning would have been made so much harder through this. No thank you. Still getting ready with everyone though.

• Givemeallthepups
    Devoted February 2020
    Givemeallthepups ·
    • Flag
    I had no wedding party and have absolutely no regrets. I still had wonderful friends that offered to host my bachelorette and shower and had 4 friends get ready with me. After I put my dress on, they went back to their hotel to grab their significant others and join the rest of the guests at the wedding. They did come into the bridal suite prior to the ceremony to say hi.

It was so much easier. They got to wear what they wanted and I still felt the support of my friends. It was the best of both worlds.
  • M
    Expert October 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag

I have nine bridesmaids, but also I have zero expectations. I don't expect any pre-wedding events (everyone's around the country and incredibly busy with their own lives) and my only dress-related thing was to pick out a general color--they'll all been getting whatever outfit they'd like in that color. The experience has been completely stress-free. We've all be mutually supportive of one another for years and I'm lucky to have each one of them in my life.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    No wedding party, no regrets!
    My mom & sister got ready with me so I didn’t miss out on the pre-wedding fun. Two of my friends treated me to a bridal shower brunch.
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds perfect 😊
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aw that sounds amazing so glad it worked out for you!😊💕
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I might have someone get ready with me my bridal suit is huge I dont need the whole thing to myself
  • LaToya
    Savvy September 2020
    LaToya ·
    • Flag

9.24.20 Bride!

I am not having a bridal party either. My FH and I decided that we didn't need it, the people that would have been in our bridal party would already be at the wedding. I have 3 sisters he has 1 brother. It was just easier if they were not obligated to buy clothes they were going to wear once. Instead, they can show up in whatever they want and just have a good time, with no obligations. My sisters will still be in the bridal room with me having a good time and helping me get dressed if they want, but there are no obligations. It's been wonderful and absolutely no stress. I am having the best time planning our wedding.

Note: I am also still having a bachelorette party with my sisters and friends so it's all good!

• Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds perfect!!
  • Miss2Mrs2020
    Savvy September 2020
    Miss2Mrs2020 ·
    • Flag
    I’m definitely leaning towards a no...

It’s just the two of us...that’s all I want to focus on...
    I’d love to have my sisters keep me company while getting ready...but no official stuff...🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes thats exactly how I feel about it the day is our day❤ you can still have them in your bridal suite getting ready with you from what I hear thats common now

Comment on this discussion

Related articles