Devoted June 2020

Any other brides live-streaming their ceremony?

on May 24, 2020 at 12:33 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 2 9
Saved

Hey girl. Smiley smile I'm just wondering if any other brides are planning on live-streaming their ceremony and if so, what platform are you using? We originally invited 170 guests to our wedding but then decided to change it to just immediate family. We are now having 20 family members to our backyard wedding. I don't really want to use facebook, I'd like to try some other platform but open to ideas for streaming for the rest of our guests. We just got a GoPro as a wedding gift so that's an option too.

12 days!! Smiley heart

9 Comments

Latest activity by Shelia, on June 16, 2020 at 3:10 PM
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    I have friends who are event organizers couple. They told me youtube is better to use if we have many viewers.
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    We used Zoom
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Hey! June 6th Bride here, 40 of our 50 guests said yes, but we decided to use zoom as well, for those that couldn't make it. We also opened it up to our Facebook friends, who have followed along as I've shared my wedding plans over the last 16 months. I hope it goes wellSmiley smile
  • Devoted June 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey date twin! How’s it going? We are soo close! We did our wedding showers on Facebook live and added it to a private group. We might end up doing that again, I just wanted to keep our options open.
  • Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    I personally like zoom because you can do some cool things like share screen, record, and have a lot of people. I know I plan on screen sharing a virtual wedding program lol 😂
  • Jennifer
    Savvy May 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I used Facebook. I just thought it would be easier to navigate. We got married this past weekend and it worked pretty well!
  • Mjc1234
    Beginner July 2020
    Mjc1234 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Did you use a facebook page or group or event? I am planning to do this since my venue is requiring half capacity (so eliminating 100 guests from our original March wedding count).

• Jennifer
    Savvy May 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I used a group and then there was the option of going live within the group! It was even nice to be able to invite some friends that weren’t originally invited to the wedding due to numbers!
  • Shelia
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Shelia ·
    • Flag

I just got married May 16th and we used Youtube Live. It was incredible. Our pastor bought a mic and tripod, we recorded it on an Iphone. We had hundreds of people watch. We just sent people the link a week in advance. The cool thing (like facebook) people can comment, and when we watched it later we read the comments.

Here is the link, if you want to look at the audio and video quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I2fHkXbmEo

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics