I am officially freaking out now. My state went back and capped indoor events to 10 people.. My venue is pushing me to postpone but I don’t thing my state will increase capacity by march.Thinking about trying to get my money back and cancelling. Any other brides in the same boat?
Our big wedding is scheduled for March 2021. I talked to our venue coordinator and she told us that as of right now the guest count can be 80 so we are still planning to continue with it as of right now. In Maryland, the capacity hasn't went down to a certain number of people, instead its at 25% capacity I believe. Our venue can fit over 300people so we are still allowed a good amount of guests. So we are continuing to plan unless the numbers continue to sky rocket or the amount of guests gets below 60people
I definitely would, because if restaurants can have up to 50% then I don't see why a venue wouldn't be able to when they are also serving food. I do know that a vaccine is coming out soon, maybe if they see positive actions from that then the numbers will change again. Goodluck with everything
We recently cancelled our Kauai wedding on 3/17. It was sad but with the pretty testing it’s too risky to proceed. Our photographer won’t refund our deposit saying that was her paycheck for the last 9 months. They just got back from a month in Tahiti shooting a wedding so it couldn’t be that tight! We offered to split the loss with her but she wanted to see where we’re at in March. We can’t just sit around until March and hope it all falls into place! Frustrating but I can imagine they are getting a lot of refund requests. I’m sure it’s really scary. We’re now planning on July in Glacier national park. I’m very excited about it and we can drive there so no worries about plane travel.
Are you able to push your wedding back until later in the year? I would bet money that Covid will have a third wave in February/March. Just a guess, of course, but it's based on the pattern of the 1918 Spanish influenza. So far, Covid has pretty much tracked the Spanish Flu with regard to timing of the waves.
Honestly, I would cancel now if you will be able to get your money back!! We downsized our wedding from 125 to 45 guests December 19th and then just recently decided to cancel that and elope just us. We plan on throwing a big party in 2021 if we are able to! Seriously the best decision we could have made and as soon as we decided to do that a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Ultimately, do what feels right for you and know that you will make the best decision for you and your guests Best of luck to you!
Our wedding is 3/19 and our state (New Jersey) can still allow 150 people for weddings but with the number of cases rising, its risky. Because it gets cold up here everything will have to be indoors. We initially wanted to shrink our guest list from 135 to 50 people but our caterer can’t go below 100 and we have family flying in from all over the US and family members who are in the high-risk category. Our venue is so a and has done this before for other couples so ultimately, we’ve made the decision to have a small ceremony with immediate family (we’ve been together for 10 years...I’m not waiting lol 😂) then just push our reception/vow renewal to ‘22.
I was a March 6, 2021 bride. We have had that date set since Dec 2019. Ultimately, we decided to postpone and picked a Feb 2022 date (our venue for 2021 was pretty booked up) but I feel a lot better now. I was too stressed out worrying about covid and restrictions. Now we have to wait longer, but can have the wedding we really want.
View Quoted Comment
Hi friend. I know this is an outdated comment, but I work for a large health organization based out of Baltimore and the capacity in Maryland as far as I know is 10 people. Same goes for Virginia. I just don’t want you to be caught off guard. Sending you thoughts and wishes for the best wedding!
The governor said that 10 was his recommendation, but venues in Maryland are currently allowed to have 25% capacity still! My husband and I decided to cancel our March celebration and postpone for a later date though. Thank you so much ❤️
We made the decision to postpone our March 27th wedding to October recently. We waited until the new year to make our decision, but with all the restrictions in my state which is New York we felt we had no option to go forward for March.