Sarah
Expert August 2020

Any June Brides holding out....?

Sarah, on April 26, 2020 at 4:46 PM Posted in Community Conversations 1 36
Saved
Reply
Our date is supposed to be 6/27 and our governor said he aims to begin reopening in Early May. I’m driving myself crazy looking at numbers and data every day but we are starting to see some positive numbers....so with that, we are going to plan to proceed. We are sending out invites tomorrow 🤞🏻


We DO have a plan B reserved with all of our vendors and our venue so we just made up a little insert for our invites Any June Brides holding out....? 1

Any other June brides still gunning for it?

36 Comments

Latest activity by Lydia, on May 4, 2020 at 2:05 PM
  • Kelsi
    Expert June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    • Flag
    We cancelled earlier this week and are 6/6/2020. From what it sounds like, when states start opening up again it’s going to look a lot different. It sounds like they will likely still be limiting gathering sizes and events. Most of my family is high risk and also told me even if things are “normal” by then, they won’t risk it by flying in for our wedding. We haven’t cancelled our honeymoon yet, just in case! But we hope to still have a private ceremony our intended date
    • Reply
  • Taylor
    Dedicated June 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    Not a bad idea, my brother rescheduled his wedding for that date instead of having his in May. However, I decided to cancel our reception and just have a private ceremony on June 14. My fiancé and I will be putting it on Facebook live. I don’t know about your guests, but we have 3 parents that are high risk. Not to mention, 3 high risk grandparents. We still want to get married on the same day and not wait, so that is our plan as long as we can get a license.
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Savvy June 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Hi! I was a June 19th bride. We made the decision to move our date from then until July 24th (5 weeks later), in the hopes things will be okay by then. Our governor says the beginning of May, too. We’re in Indiana. I think the inserts were a great idea!
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That makes sense. All of our grandparents have either already passed or are unable to make it due health issues (prior to COVID) and fhe rest of our family is healthy/not high risk. In general, we felt we’d be able to make a More educated decision on 5/27 rather than 4/25
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am in Maryland and things are so hard
    With the proximity to DC/Baltimore/Philly etc but I’m cautiously optimistic. If not, I feel safe having a back up date secured
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I understand. June is so tough to figure out. I feel like it’s a complete toss up. And if we hadn’t
    Been able to safely secure a back up plan I probably would have pulled the plug already
    • Reply
  • Kelsi
    Expert June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That makes sense! I was just sick of being yelled at by family and then knew our next payments were coming up. Good luck 💗
    • Reply
  • Erica
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Erica ·
    • Flag

    We are a June 12 date and have a total moron for a Governor (WA). While we are nervous about our date and the possibility of a postponement - we did the same and stuck inserts in our invites that went out a couple weeks ago. All of our vendors have been really great to work with - with the exception of the venue vendor. We were originally just going to postpone to a year out for the full blown affair (and thought that would make it easy on everyone) and just have a small ceremony of us & our officiant since the date has a significant meaning. When the venue threw us a curve ball and wouldn't allow the postponement on our terms - we decided our back up plan would still be the small ceremony & then work with whatever date (as long as its summer) they came up with for postponing. Still have high hopes & we shall see. Now if the venue wants or needs to push us to a later than summer wedding, we may have to push back a little harder on having the big day, on our 1 year anniversary. Praying for all of this in this crazy time & that all works out. Best advice I can give - don't let any of this make you loose sight of what really matters....what you have that made you plan this day in the first place Smiley smile Well wishes for everyone!!

    • Reply
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kenzie ·
    • Flag

    So I'm also in Maryland but have an August date and absolutely do not think my wedding will be happening. I wanted to be hopeful for so long, but it is time to be realistic. I am waiting to postpone my August date, I am just waiting for my venue to allow me to with no penalties. I absolutely do not think Maryland will be in any position to hold large gatherings anytime soon. Although on Friday Hogan said he was hopeful, today he said there was a significant rise which has him very concerned. I don't see Maryland even being ready for Phase I until June at the earliest. Hogan also said he's working with Virginia and D.C., and currently Virginia has a shelter at home order until June 10th. I really don't see Hogan allowing large gatherings until 2021, he's been super conservative with what we are able to do.



    • Reply
  • User2574599655703
    Dedicated June 2021
    User2574599655703 ·
    • Flag
    We postponed until June 2021 today. It feels good to have that weight lifted off of me.
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s hard to know really. He said he’s watching hospitalizations and ICU admittance and (yes) they were up today but he also said he wasn’t going to restart the clock for a one day spike so long as it doesn’t continue. And on Friday he said we were 3 days in to the 14 day count for Phase 1. As for Virginia, I watched their press conference Friday and Governor Northam also said he plans fo begin phase 1 May 8.


    To say that I am anywhere NEAR convinced June 27 will happen would be an extreme overstatement. I would say cautiously optimistic. Also realistic, understanding and accepting of having to make a change but also understanding that my decision 5/27 will be a much more educated one than the decision I’d have to make right now.
    • Reply
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kenzie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree, I think you’ll be much more informed at the end of May. Again if your wedding is small you have more hope. But I’m having a 200 person wedding and there is absolutely no way, Hogan will say that social distancing will just go away whether it’s June or August. Today, Deborah Birx even said social distancing will need to be in place the entire summer. To me wedding venues can’t accomodate 6 feet of social distancing. The Governor of Virginia also said the earliest he could consider lifting restrictions was May 8th, not when he would actually do it. Hogan was hopeful we were in those 3 days, but he also said the scientists did not necessarily say we were. A lot can change over he course of the month and I do hope you get the day you want whether it’s your June or August wedding.


    I know we all want our data to happen but unfortunately for many of us our perfect day has to be put on hold. I have another friend who was supposed to be married in June and her venue said they are cancelling all weddings for the remainder of 2020.
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Our original date was 4/3 which had to be postponed and at the time we decided to push to June 26....so I know exactly how you feel. Every day I’m checking the news to get a better idea if it’s going to work out. Just read one we’re they’re social distancing would continue through summer which makes me think I’ll have to come up with a Plan C now. Ugh it’s devastating. It’s like we can push through but I ask myself, do I want people wearing masks or standing 6 ft apart on my special day?? No.
    • Reply
  • Abigail
    Savvy December 2020
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    June 27th wedding as well but we had to postpone. Due to the travel restrictions my dad may not be able to make it to walk me down the aisle. Just dealing with the uncertainty and frustration 😢😢
    • Reply
  • K
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Sarah! I totally agree. We have a 6/27 wedding in Charlottesville. I’m a healthcare provider up in NYC so I’ve seen the worst of the worst. But because of that I get so pessimistic at times. We have an amazing planner and supportive families. So we are also waiting to 5/15 to make the decision. Good luck, hoping for a miracle!
    • Reply
  • N
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Niki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Sarah. I was 6/6/2020, but postponed until October. We are in Baltimore and courts are closed through June 5th which made it impossible for us to get a marriage license. Just something to think about because most people I spoke to, including our venue, did not think about this. Hang in there!!
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We had thought of that and heard through the grapevine and (somewhat) unofficially that the archdiocese (catholic ceremony) is going to allow marriages in the church without the license and allow you to get the civil license at a later date if needed. So we think we are ok, there.
    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    And again, we aren’t really convinced 6/27 will work we just feel we can make a more informed decision in a month. We also already had our invites printed. So whether or not we sent them, that money would be wasted.
    • Reply
  • Amanda
    Savvy July 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

    Your plan B date is our wedding date, 8.2.20, and I am so nervous about it - we are in NJ. Spoke with our venue last week and they are rescheduling weddings that are 4 wks out, they left the decision up to us. We are waiting until the beginning of June to make a decision as we have family coming from over seas and want to give everyone time if they need to make travel arrangements.

    • Reply
  • Mjc1234
    Beginner July 2020
    Mjc1234 ·
    • Flag

    I absolutely love your insert card. I may copy your idea for my July 26 wedding...reception to follow but back up reception will be postponed to 2021 when all is safer. We are either having a family only ceremony, full ceremony & later reception or full ceremony & reception.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics