We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alejandra
Super November 2021

Any fall weddings watching out in case we need to reschedule?

Alejandra, on April 4, 2020 at 7:53 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 11
Saved Save
Reply
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well! To clarify - we ARE NOT rescheduling as of right now nor do we have plans to. But I spoke to our coordinator yesterday and she said depending on the next few months we may need to reconsider it and we’re going to ask our venue about possibly doing a soft hold on an early 2021 date should we absolutely need it. Our wedding is set for November 8 of this year, and I love our date. We have heard experts say that there is a possibility of a second wave of all of this come fall, and we live in Illinois where things have gotten kinda crazy. Anyone else later on in the year monitoring this, just in case? Or am I crazy?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on April 6, 2020 at 6:13 PM
  • Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think you’re crazy! I hope & pray this is cleared up by the fall but you just never know. It’s good to be cautious. I’m being cautiously nervous about my 10/24/2020 wedding.
    • Reply
  • Ronise
    Savvy November 2020
    Ronise ·
    • Flag
    Hey! I am November 8th as well! Smiley smile
    Had to postpone my from May 2020 but just happy I got a new date in 2020.
    I am so praying that I don’t have to cancel again. So many of us brides have had to cancel or postpone our weddings. I think that if the second wave happens in the fall no wedding caterers are going to be in business. Knowing that, I am pretty sure we can have some hope knowing that by then most of us would be immune to it or they would have a vaccine by that time
    • Reply
  • Jamie
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is on November 7th so we're watching the news pretty closely. Im expecting to keep this day, and I hope that our minimal guest list will help it go smoothly
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Devoted September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Fellow fall-ish bride here. We're really in limbo with Sept 4, haven't sent save the dates or even booked a caterer yet and are now just kinda...waiting. We contacted our venue to see about refunds or rebooking and they are going to get back to us 🤞
    I think for where we are in planning, it makes more sense for us to abandon our date or even have a smaller more intimate wedding at home after the social distancing strictness has lifted somewhat. The thing is, we just don't know how long things will be locked down, and experts don't expect a vaccine until early next year so things probably won't return to even close to normal for probably a year. That's not to say we won't be able to attend small social gatherings later this year but we just really don't know when. We're erring on the side of caution but only because we haven't even invited our guests yet. Have you booked all your vendors and sent STDs? Definitely contact all your vendors to find out what their policies are and that will inform your decision.
    • Reply
  • Alejandra
    Super November 2021
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with erring on the side of caution! We sent out our STDs and booked some vendors, but it’s still early enough that we could probably easily postpone it. Like you mentioned it might be smarter to do now than wait. Our coordinator reached out to our venue to ask for details on other dates so we’ll see :/
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Devoted September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Best of luck to you and stay safe!
    • Reply
  • C
    Expert December 2021
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    November 14th, AZ, and I am doing the same- being careful is never crazy! Honestly, I keep saying "don't worry, it'll be fine by then, we'll get married" but the truth is none of us really know. It's scary.
    I was waiting until 6 months to send STDs (so May) but that's when I'll have to decide whether to not send STDs or not because of a possibility of canceling
    • Reply
  • Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I'm a Date twin with you!

    We haven't received anything about our venue postponing our date yet we have postponed all meetings for the next few months but I am still planning and getting our vendors. Especially with healthcare officials in MO and IL believing that our peak will truly be in the next two months.. With that said I have discussed with my fiance alternatives and we are holding off on our Europe Honeymoon for now. But I believe it may just need to just be a smaller wedding if anything. I pray that this won't be as heavy hitting by the end of the year.

    • Reply
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

    My bff has her wedding in late sept this year and she's not really concerned but i absolutely can see the concern there is though that you may have because at this point you just never know and it's like a waiting game to see when this all clears out.

    • Reply
  • Caitlin
    Devoted June 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    We are August 15th and are venue hopes it will be good to go by then!
    • Reply
  • C
    Expert December 2021
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We're hoping that, too! Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles