Nancy
Savvy September 2020

Any dress regrets?

Nancy, on May 8, 2020 at 4:37 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved
Is it just me or is anyone else having a slight dress regret, or am I just overthinking it because I’m finding affects on my own body and feel insecure in it. Any dress regrets? 1
Any dress regrets? 2

14 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs.a, on May 9, 2020 at 12:37 PM
  • T
    Super April 2021
    Tiger Bride ·
    • Flag

Girl YOU LOOK AMAZING. I don't usually comment on stuff like this but I saw your pics and I had to say something. That dress was made for you!!! Smiley love

• Sarahphillips
    Dedicated June 2021
    Sarahphillips ·
    • Flag
    You look so good in that dress! I have dress regret that is definitely related to me finding faults with my body. I have an off the shoulder dress that makes me self conscious of my arms. 🙈 it’s something we either work on, cover up, or we get over by remembering they should still marry us in a trash bag
  • Nancy
    Savvy September 2020
    Nancy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much, it means a lot! Maybe I just need reassurance at this point ❤️
  • Nancy
    Savvy September 2020
    Nancy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lmao I loved your comment ❤️ And yes I agree with you, I’m just reminding myself why I fell in love with it in the first place, but I guess we all have some flaws and we’re just the biggest critics on ourselves!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

That is so good on you!!!!!

i think for me i had dress envy. because i LOVED my gown but then i would see other gowns and think... man those are really pretty too though..

• Nancy
    Savvy September 2020
    Nancy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!!
    Yes I can also agree with you on that, I’ve seen so many beautiful gowns and I’m just like where were those when I went dress shopping lol
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    That dress is beautiful ....i so love it. U look so nice
  • Nancy
    Savvy September 2020
    Nancy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much, it means a lot!
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    I don’t see a reason why you should have a dress regret. It looks great on you 💕
  • Shaina
    Beginner October 2021
    Shaina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I feel this.

I ordered my dress back in October and it came in in March, but I haven't been able to go pick it up/see it because the shop has been closed due to COVID. Six months is a long time to go between wearings/seeings and I have seen so many other dresses that I think are beautiful and more what I initially pictured myself in, because I was one of those brides who fell in love with a dress that didn't really fit what I had initially pictured but that I loved on me. I also had to delete a lot of the pictures of myself in other dresses that I tried on because I keep wondering if I chose the wrong one... I was so certain when I made my choice!

I keep telling myself that when I get to put it on again, I'll remember why I chose the one that I did. I think that your dress is beautiful and I love all the detail on the train! It looks great on you!

If you're still feeling a bit insecure, you could try to accessorize in a way that draws attention away from what you are most self-conscious about - I get insecure about my arms and have a high-neck dress without sleeves and a late October wedding, so I'm getting a wrap that I can wear in case of snow but also so that I can cover up my arms a bit if I still feel self-conscious about it.

• Stefanie
    Dedicated May 2022
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag
    You look great in your dress!
  • Candice
    Dedicated July 2020
    Candice ·
    • Flag

That's a beautiful dress and you look great! We all put waaaay too much pressure on ourselves. I tried on 32 dresses (and literally looked at hundreds of others) until I finally found "the one". Then I waffled a little because it's kind of like yours and feels kind of high maintenance because it's form fitting. Mine is a Mermaid too. Actually quite similar to yours. I'll take & send pics when I can finally get into the alterations shop ;(. We gotta be real careful leading up to the wedding when wearing fitted dresses....but now I'm back to loving it as I begin to put it all together. That dress is wonderful and you will get past these brief regrets. You look FAB!

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Not just you. I ended up with three dresses and only wore two. The first dress I picked is the one I didn't end up wearing. I was tired of shopping so I said yes to be done. I knew within hours I made a mistake and called the bridal salon, but they refused to cancel the order because they didn't want to lose any money. We asked if we could get mother of the bride or bridesmaids dresses instead of the wedding dress, but again they refused so we had no choice, but accept the dress. The second dress I liked, but didn't love. My mom and I went a month before my wedding to a bridal salon to look for a short dress for my after party. I tried on a ballgown that they said could be shortened. I ended up loving it so I had the second dress shortened instead. The third dress was at the salon my mom wanted me to go to begin with but I was against the idea because it is in my home town, but I live 3.5 hours from where I am from and I thought it would be difficult to get alternations done. The owner of the salon actually made it super easy and she worked around when I would be in town for alternations.
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    It’s not just you. I have ordered two different dresses and since I didn’t have all the feels for either I returned one and am selling the other.
    I am now doing a custom order on a dress that I love and feel comfortable in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics