Samantha
Savvy October 2021

Another dress

Samantha, on July 15, 2020 at 9:32 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved
We originally planned to have our wedding on October 10, 2020. We are thinking of postponing because of Covid and having so much family from out of town and just having a small ceremony and dinner with immediate family. I am going to save my dress for the rescheduled ceremony next fall. Now my dilemma is what kind of dress do I want to wear for the small ceremony? Also, any ideas of where to look for a dress for wedding as well as bridal shower?

Thanks!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on July 27, 2020 at 8:58 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    Lulus.com has some pretty ones as well as amazon. I am officially getting married in October also (& wedding will be next year, I’m also saving my big dress). I’m getting my small ceremony dress from amazon!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Azazie has a section of just regular dresses thatre really affordable
  • Samantha
    Savvy October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Congrats! I was looking at Lulus but I haven’t heard of them so I wasn’t sure how reputable they were! Im also terrible with figuring out sizing lol
  • Samantha
    Savvy October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I forgot about them! Thank you!
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I got my dress from BHLDN and I know they have a category of little white dresses which might work for this.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My bridesmaids got their dresses from there. At first I was nervous for the same reasons but I LOVE them. Here is a picture of one in their dress. The sizing was her normal size Another dress 1

• W
    Devoted October 2020
    Waitingtomarry20 ·
    • Flag
    I got my courthouse wedding dress from ASOS. They have a cute and affordable selection.
  • Samantha
    Savvy October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I’ll have to check them out
  • Samantha
    Savvy October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I’ll look there!
  • Samantha
    Savvy October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Beautiful! Thank you 😊
  • Christine
    Dedicated October 2020
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Check out JJsHouse.com as well. Affordable and a few good selections. Plus, they have good reviews and are legit.

We're likely doing the same: getting married October 10th, and have the wedding next year. I was debating on doing a little white dress or an affordable gown and found a few at JJ's House and Azazie. I was lucky enough to have FH say I can do a gown for both, but my practical mind says I'll find something affordable for the smaller event and the one I really want for the wedding.

• Samantha
    Savvy October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I will check them out. I’m thinking something smaller for this ceremony.
  • FutureMrs.C
    Dedicated August 2020
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

Doing the same thing! Here is the dress I bought for the small ceremony:

Another dress 2

Simple, pretty, white - still bridal but more laid back! Not sure if you're going for that kind of thing. Lulu's several cute dresses like this one.

• Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I bought this same dress for my bridal shower!
    It’s absolutely beautiful. ❤️
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I definitely recommend Lulu's for inexpensive but well made bridal options. They are reputable, they have a good return policy, and the stuff they have is good quality at a reasonable price point. Plus I LOVE their reviews because you can see the same dress on a bunch of other people and see how it fits different shapes and sizes, skin colors, etc. I have a couple dresses from Lulu's for wedding related events.

ASOS and BHLDN are also good options as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics