Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacqui
Dedicated May 2021

Anomalie vs solobridal

Jacqui, on October 23, 2019 at 6:49 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Hey yall

Im a plus size bride to be and I'm in the process of having a custom dress made. Anomalie is making it, but I am very nervous to use them. If I pay for the dress now, it will be delivered in March. MY WEDDING IS IN JUNE Solobridal *china base*, said they can do the dress for half the price and it will be here in January. Have any of you dealt with either companies? Pics will be great...

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jacqui, on March 10, 2020 at 2:42 PM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I don't have experience with these, but I would be cautious of shops from China unless you see real positive reviews (somewhere other than on their site). If you want to buy a dress online, Azazie is based in California, they do free custom sizing, and you can even try on sample dresses at home for only $15 (covers shipping both ways). I have heard nothing but great things about Azazie, I've actually tried three of their sample dresses and I think I'm going to end up ordering one of them Smiley smile

• Jacqui
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jacqui ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the reply

I have tried azazie as well. They dont have what I am looking for. I did try a few of their dresses on.😊
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure what the concern is with a March delivery for a June wedding. Sounds like a great timeline even if it comes in and there’s something you want changed, there’s plenty of time to see a seamstress for alterations.

ive never heard for solobridal. I have heard a lot of bad things about various China-based bridal sites sending knockoff dresses, coming in poorly sized with cheap materials and failed attempts at replicating (/ripping off) designer gowns. Don’t know if this site is one of those, but I’d be wary. Even if it IS okay quality, I wouldn’t trust their timeline— I’ve heard a lot of stories about orders from China being held up in customs for weeks or even months. If you have the extra money to spend and/or it’s cheap enough that you wouldn’t mind spending on it even if it doesn’t any up being a viable option for your wedding day, there’s no harm in ordering it to see how it goes, I suppose. But personally, I’d put my faith in Anomalie.
  • Jacqui
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jacqui ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I've heard a ton of bad things about China companies as well...however, solobridal have real brides w real pics. 95% of all dresses are made in China. I'm afraid anomalie isn't going to get my vision right...and I've to so many bridal stores it's not funny .they dont have what I want
    While 60 days is a decent timeline, it's also prime wedding and prom season here in MD.. it might be pushing it a little
  • Brittany
    Savvy February 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Hello! I am also a plus size bride and was super worried about going through Anomalie because I didn't know if it would turn out right since the entire process was online. I ordered my dress in like March/April of last year and I ended up receiving it in September. It was so much better than I imagined and I'm so happy!! I will have to upload some pictures of the dress I've been paranoid that FH will find the pictures haha

• Jacqui
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jacqui ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg!! Thanks for telling me. I've been a nervous wreck. Finger crossed that my dress will be beautiful as well
  • Brittany
    Savvy February 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Of course! I was worried because my mom helped me do my measurements and we were hoping we did everything the right way. I'm sure you will have an absolutely stunning gown! I just finished my final fitting last week and the only changes I needed were adding a bustle and i wanted to cover a bit more of my back with the extra lace they sent.

• Jacqui
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jacqui ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    That's very reassuring to me. I cant wait to see your dress. Im sure its gorgeous. My wedding is June 😬😬. My dress should be here by April and I already had my appointment for alteration. I pray I don't need anyting major done to it
  • Brittany
    Savvy February 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Jacqui! Sorry this took so long! Here is how my dress turned out Smiley smile

Anomalie vs solobridal 1

Anomalie vs solobridal 2

• Jacqui
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jacqui ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Its PRETTY and perfect!! This made me feel better! I cant wait to get my dress. You look amazing
  • Shequia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Shequia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Not to sway you or anything but anomalie is also made in China. Now I'm not opposed to Chinese dress shops being as tho I have ordered mine threw lunss which is China brand. I'm excited for the dress
  • Jacqui
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jacqui ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, I understand about the China dresses. 98% of wedding gowns come from China. I was concerned because I didn't know if the dress would be gorg when I got it...🤞🏾that it will be my dream dress. I also, asked anomalie would my dress be here in time...according to them it will be here in April. My wedding is in June

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics