We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kathryn
VIP August 2020

And On Top of It All

Kathryn, on March 20, 2020 at 6:41 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 12
Saved Save
Today, we had to put down my loving dog of 13 years. We had already been having a rough time with dealing with postponing the wedding, but then our dog had a drastic personality shift and was clearly in a large amount of pain. So we debated on it, but leaving her in that much pain just wasn't worth it for her sake.

It sucks so much. I loved my little sidekick, and seeing her in pain was destroying both of us. So on top of the chaos of corvid-19, we had to find a vet that would let us go inside and sit with her. This was not how I saw my march playing out. Now we had to let go of the creature that was going to be part of our wedding...and do it in such a dramatic and heart wrenching fashion.
All of that to say, I wish covid-19 was real so i could throw down. This has been a very traumatic month, and I'm kind of ready for April. At least we can start healing now.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 22, 2020 at 10:19 PM
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle
    • Flag
    My deepest condolences, Kathryn 馃槩

• Courtney
    Dedicated October 2021
    Courtney
    • Flag

I'm so sorry to hear. My parents have a senior dog and I always worry about the day that we have to put her down. I can't imagine in the midst of this crisis, also having to deal with such a difficult loss. Thinking of you from a fellow dog lover!

• Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah, 10/10 do not recommend. Most vets were only doing curbside, and we wanted to be with her. Thank you. She's in a better place now, and it's truly for the best. Just wish it hadn't been such a chaotic process.
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. It's been a rough month.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online
    • Flag
    I am so sorry. My sincere condolences to you
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha
    • Flag
    Along with my fianc茅, my dog is my best friend. Dogs are so special and I can鈥檛 imagine what you鈥檙e going through. My deepest condolences.
  • Jessica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 so sorry, Kathryn 馃挃 May your little fur baby Rest In Peace. I鈥檓 sure she鈥檒l be partying it up in doggy heaven when your wedding day comes!
  • Lauren
    Dedicated June 2020
    Lauren
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 in a very similar situation. Our pup that we thought was only 5 (rescue, so just an estimate) was diagnosed with bladder and prostate cancer two weeks ago. And we have started conversations about moving the wedding. I have dealt with COVID for work non stop for the last 19 days. Something has to give. But I am honestly most heartbreaking for my dog, who is my little monster. Ugh.
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca
    • Flag

I'm so sorry.

• Fenja
    VIP August 2021
    Fenja
    • Flag

Oh, I'm so sorry! Wishing you all the best.

• Kara
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kara
    • Flag
    Omg Kathryn I鈥檓 so sorry. You鈥檝e been so positive through all your wedding madness and then for this to happen 馃槶. Losing a fur baby is the absolute worst... my heart is broken for you. Sending virtual hugs !
  • Laura
    Champion June 2010
    Laura
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss, Kathryn. It's never easy losing family. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles