Noodle
Beginner October 2019

Alternatives for who wears the cake or dollar dance?

Noodle, on August 14, 2019 at 4:27 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 8
Saved Save
Unfortunately I need to start with a note because people can get upset at this topic: I do not care nor want to know your opinion on whether you think this is tacky. Please do not leave comments about that.

My question is What are some fun alternatives to who wears the cake or dollar dance? Both me and my fiance are not fans of dancing. I think the cake in the the face one seems fun and we would do it respectfully but I'd like to maybe make it a bit more unique or more fun for our guests. Any ideas? Thank you! Plus while overall I dont mind cleaning off some cake and fixing my makeup it would be a bonus to not have to do that.

8 Comments

• Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    I’ve never heard that have a name before! You could give guests score cards on who mashed cake the best? Or you could lovingly feed each other and just tap a dab of frosting on eachother’s noses. It’s playful but less messy for your makeup.
  • Noodle
    Beginner October 2019
    Noodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol! I love the score card idea!! Thank you. Unfortunately I'm extremely uncoordinated so if he fed me the cake itd still be all over my face. Thank you for your comment!
  • Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag
    I had a bride and groom place QR codes on the place card with that led to their Venmo accounts. The Highest “donator” “won” the bouquet or the brides garter. The same wedding the bride and groom walked around with a coffee tin with “Tips for a Kiss” so if you wanted to kiss the bride or groom on the cheek you had to give them money.

You could also sell the guests their favors by having the DOC sit with a cash box or scan your Venmo so you can make some money.

I know you don’t want opinions on if this is a rude/disrespectful/bad idea but it might be good to give a heads up to your guests that you plan to do this. I know when I go to a wedding I don’t bring cash.
  • Keri
    Expert November 2019
    Keri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A QR code with Venmo? Are you kidding me? That is the strangest aka worst thing I've heard done at a wedding. Keep leaving your cash at home for weddings Smiley smile
  • Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m absolutely not kidding. They were little sticker like you would buy to make for selling stuff at a garage sale (like the print-at-home ones). They put them on pretty cardstock and wrote poems urging people to “donate” to help them afford different things they gave examples of stuff they wanted like: new Joy-bird furniture, start getting fertility treatments, pay for their honeymoon, help them build funds to rescue a horse, get a Vitamix, and help paying off their mortgage on their new home.

They definitely made a choice and ran with it. Their parents were the ones who “won” the bouquet and garter. They seemed to enjoy themselves.

• Noodle
    Beginner October 2019
    Noodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ah yeah idk about the Venmo thing. It's less about making money (dont get me wrong, anything helps) and more so as a fun thing so I'm not gonna put a price on their favors, but thank you so much for your comment! Also, I dont bring cash to weddings too but if I was going to give cash to a couple any way I would have fun putting it in a game like one of these! Smiley smile
  • Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Are you just looking for more games for them to like “bet” or “donate” on not like creative way for them to get the cash to you?

• Noodle
    Beginner October 2019
    Noodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Kind of, I would definitely like to have some cash involved but more of it being a game. Like the score card idea from Yam. Or I've seen a questionnaire of who will get more questions right about each other? The groom or the bride? Or who can do whatever better, etc. Things that will be more entertaining than getting some cake in the face.

Comment on this discussion