Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tara
VIP November 2016

Alternative Guest Book for Vow Renewal

Tara, on July 17, 2020 at 4:13 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 19

My in-laws are celebrating their 40th Anniversary next month so we're planning a party (and possibly vow renewal if I can convince my father-in-law to go along with it). There won't be more than 50 people there. I'd like to have some sort of guest book for them as I think it'd be a nice gift and keepsake from the day. I'm looking for suggestions for an alternative guest book, not a traditional book people sign. Any ideas?

I found a print of a tree on Amazon where you can put your thumbprint and sign, but the quality isn't the best. Any suggestions (especially links or pictures) are greatly appreciated!!! It will be outside at a state park; more low key and rustic than anything.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on July 20, 2020 at 4:41 PM
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I did the thumbprint tree too! I like that because I actually display it as art so I actually see it in my daily life
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I am using a wooden pallet american flag that I have hanging in my living room currently. I am going to paint our last name and the date on it then have guests sign it and re-hang it.

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Do you have any photos? I'd love to see how it turned out!

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Oh I love that! Sounds like it will be beautiful.

• K
    Dedicated October 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking of doing Jenga pieces
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We did a personalized whiskey barrel head Alternative Guest Book for Vow Renewal 1

• Margarita
    Devoted March 2021
    Margarita ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    They have these really cute puzzle guest books ,
    Each guest signs a piece I think that would be a different and nice idea for them
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    This is what we are using. We got it at hobby lobby and will display it with wedding pictures. Alternative Guest Book for Vow Renewal 2

• Shelly
    Dedicated May 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I plan on getting a big wooden B for our last initial and have everyone sign it
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Alternative Guest Book for Vow Renewal 3
    I had two canvases connect into one tree. The middle branches with the birds form a small heart.
  • Cheryl
    Dedicated November 2021
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Can you get a picture of them on their wedding day? I believe there are places that will/can put the picture on canvas. How about getting the picture put onto canvas that is larger than the picture and let people sign around/next to the picture. Or get the wedding picture and a current picture -- maybe with their children (and grandchildren) and put them both on the canvas, perhaps one in opposite corners, and let people sign that. Just an idea.

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow that's such a fun idea and looks beautiful!

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

That's definitely a cute idea! And it might be fun for couple to actually do the puzzle together.

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I love that! Are you having people sign the boards?

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I did think about that idea. I think that's nice because you can hang it anywhere in your house or make it part of a wreath or something to have on display. Any idea where you'll get it from?

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

That is adorable and I love that idea!!!! That's really sweet.

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Cheryl thank you so much for that idea! That's a beautiful thought. They do have their wedding album, I looked at it recently with my mother-in-law. The quality isn't the best of the photos (welcome to 1980, lol). But I will have to look into that! Thank you!!

• Shelly
    Dedicated May 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    That's exactly why, so I dont just have a book I'll never look at lying around. I'll probably hang it in my living room or bedroom with some wedding pictures. I'm pretty sure Michaels has them depending on what size you want. I've looked an Amazon also. There are a ton of craft stores online. I havent really looked too hard since I still have a lot of time.
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! My MOHs are going to sign and leave little messages before the ceremony so that people have an example of what we’re hoping for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics