We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

S
Dedicated October 2021

Alteration time frame

Sam, on January 27, 2021 at 12:06 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save
Hi everyone!
How soon is everyone’s alteration appointments? My wedding is 10/2/2021 and my first alteration appointment isn’t until 7/16/2021. I’m fairly athletic so I’m not worried about my weight( my dress is just a pinch big) Ive been working on toning my arms a bit more. Im planning on creating a sweetheart neckline with a different off the shoulder look. I’m not doing a bustle bc the train isn’t too long and it already has a loop at the end I can use. I may have just a touch taken from the bottom for length-but if it came down to it I can live with the length as is. ( it’s just a slight bit long) with what I want done with the neckline, maybe shorten up the length, and pinch it at the waist a bit do you think my timeline will be enough?The seamstress seems to think so.
Pictured is my dress for reference 😊💕Alteration time frame 1

Alteration time frame 2
with a little bit different off the shoulder look

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sam, on January 28, 2021 at 11:10 AM
  • Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag

That's plenty of time. My first alterations appointment was the middle of November, and my wedding was two weeks ago -- and my seamstress did a lot more to my dress than you will need done to yours. You'll be just fine. By the way, the dress is beautiful!!

• S
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Sharonda,

Ohh good! That makes me feel so much better! Congratulations on your wedding! I can’t wait to wear my dress-thank you for the nice comment 😊💕
  • Lydia
    Dedicated December 2021
    Lydia ·
    • Flag
    Worked in bridal for three years- that's more than enough time. We typically started alterations about two months before a wedding
  • S
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great news! Thank you got your reply!
  • Alisa
    Devoted October 2021
    Alisa ·
    • Flag
    You have time. It might depend on whete you go but I had mine 2 months before and was able to go back for 2 more fittings.
  • Katie
    Super August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful

My wedding is August 14th and my alterations appointment is June 5th.
  • Jenna
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    I'm starting to feel like the odd one here now - my seamstress is having me come in for my first fitting in March and my wedding isn't until September!
  • S
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Jenna!
    I don’t think I know your odd at all! I made this post bc I’ve been hearing mixed reviews! Like yourself I’ve heard brides having the first fitting WELL in advance. (More than 2 months out) I think it does depend on the material of the dress and what you want done. Do you need a lot of alterations?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles