We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Berta
Just Said Yes September 2020

Alteration cost

Berta, on July 9, 2020 at 3:05 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save
Hi ladies, my alteration appointment is this weekend. Just out of curiosity how much did it cost you and what did you get done?

13 Comments

• Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    Mines was $140 for very heavily beaded dress.
  • Stephanie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I had almost 5 inches of a 5 layer dress to be hemmed and almost 2 inches of the sided taken in of my beaded/lace applique dress along with the bustle sewn in (I had ordered the dress when I was a size and a half bigger) so my seamstress had to do a bit more reconstructing on the sides to make it look seamless. Paid about $400 but with all the work put into it and how it fits like a glove, it was worth it.
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Mine was $365 for five layer lace hem, bustle, bra inserts, and cap sleeves.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey Online ·
    • Flag

Right now mine is going to be about 250-275. I had to have my dress taken out a bit, cups put in the bra area, boning removed from the front and a bustle.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

I paid $480 for a five layer 7 inch hem and to have my straps shortened.

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I paid $370 to have my dress hemmed, the zipper shortened, cups added, it taken in around my thighs, & a bustle added.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    $495. Dress taken in extensively multiple times, hemmed, cups added, multi layered bustle. My dress was lace and beaded.
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    $420- change out zipper back for corset (otherwise it would have needed let out around my hips and bust and brought in around my waist), bustle, and hem. My main cost was hemming the outer layer due to the appliqué that needs to be removed and reattached by hand.
    Good luck!
  • Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    $900. I have a gown and a detachable skirt totaling 10 layers. Bustle on dress and had the waist taken in twice (lost weight while being at home) and boning added to keep the dress more structure. I have two more fittings. Without the skirt would have been $450.
  • Kristina
    Dedicated July 2020
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    Mine was $75. I was lucky enough to find a wedding dress that was long enough for my 6’1” height. All that was done was to put cups in my dress so that I wouldn’t have to wear a bra. The train of the dress was long so a bustle had to be made. I was very relieved that my dress didn’t need a lot of work done.
  • Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    $500 or something close to that. Mine's being hemmed (4 layers), taken in around the waist (there's boning and lace), and cups are being added.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    I spent close to $1100, for 2 dresses.
  • Stephanie
    Beginner September 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I’ve spent about $435 so far. That’s for... taking in the sides 2-3 inches each side, sewing on a beaded belt and beaded top piece, adding straps, adding an elastic band on the inside, and hem (4 layers). At the next appointment, I’ll need to pay for the bustle. That’ll be $12 per bustle point and she said I’ll probably need 5 bustles.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles