We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

S
Just Said Yes July 2021

Already married - still having ceremony

Sierra, on October 25, 2020 at 4:30 PM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save
Hi! We got married in April due to COVID. We are planning a ceremony/reception next July. Has anyone done this? I am still wearing a wedding dress, having a ceremony, etc. If you had a similar experience how did you word save the dates/invites? Exchange vows? Thanks in advance!!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Alisia, on October 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    My husband and I had our minimony in October and our big wedding is set for March 2021. That's where I am wearing my big dress and we will also recite vows there. Our save the dates were normal and we will use wording something like "join us in our celebration of marriage" or something similar. Most sites have invitations with specific wording because many brides are taking this route because of Covid
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I would word it either as a "vow renewal" or a "celebration of marriage".
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Sierra! You can do as many (or as few) wedding traditions as you'd like! If you want to do a ceremony again I'd call it a vow renewal or invite your guests to a "unity ceremony and celebration of marriage" - or you can just do the reception part, it's totally up to you!!

Here are a few other discussions you should check out as well where other brides have been discussing similar concerns: Sequel Wedding, 2 Ceremonies??, and Wear the dress twice?

• Alisia
    Savvy March 2023
    Alisia ·
    • Flag
    I'm doing this. My friends family and I still call the renewal a wedding too. I hope you have loads of fun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles