We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

K
Expert February 2020

Aligners before wedding

Kristina, on August 15, 2019 at 1:08 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 5
Saved Save
So I started Smile Direct Club 8 months ago and it seemed to work, however they sent me aligners that were half made so I had to wait 2 months to get them and by then my teeth shifted back and I have to start all over. Has any one ever done these aligner programs and completed them? I started the aligners back up again, I have to start with the last set of the first month (6 month program) I am very bummed. What I am wondering is for anyone who has done the invisible aligners, after you finished the program, how long was it before your teeth stayed put? I know there will be some sight movement and that is why you were a retainer set at night for a year, but after? I just feel like 2 months and all 6 months of fixing them was gone. So frustrated and my teeth are sore again ugh. This is also a vent seesion, lol.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on October 23, 2019 at 12:21 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I am on my last set of aligners through SDC. You will wear retainers for the rest of your life, not just for a year. If not, they absolutely will move back. Once you finish treatment, I would recommend wearing your retainers 22 hours a day for at the very shortest one month, then switch to nighttime only. I would wear them from right after dinner until morning time, not just while you sleep. I will be in retainers for about 2 months before my wedding. I'm planning to get a permanent retainer, but in the off chance that it doesn't happen, I will wear my retainers constantly for the months leading up to the wedding. On my wedding day I will probably wear them up until we start taking pictures, then will leave them out through the entire event. My teeth should be set enough by then that there's only minimal movement in those few hours, but I want them to look as good as possible for photos and the ceremony.

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I started Invisalign in June, and I will still have them on my wedding day. I will wear them until it’s time for photos and then put them back in after the reception. That’s one day I’m going to cheat on because no way am I wearing them to my wedding. I know they’re hard to see but I want to feel as confident as possible and speak clearly.
  • K
    Expert February 2020
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow, thank you for the information. Smiley smile

• K
    Expert February 2020
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I feel the same way. I want to speak clear and feel confident. I agree they are pretty invisible, but still I know they're there.

• Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Do you have any progress pictures?? I just ordered mine and they should be in in a couple of weeks! I'm interested to see how much of a change happens over the first few months.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics