Jillian
Savvy October 2020

Adding side stones to engagement ring

Jillian, on August 2, 2019 at 9:43 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

Okay y’all so my fiancé and I are still engaged but our 4 year anniversary is coming up in December and I’ve gotten an itch to add some sparkle to my solitaire! I absolutely love my ring, it’s extemely sentimental to me because our son also had apart of the proposal so keeping my diamond is important.

I’m going to post a picture of a setting I fell in love with, and the jeweler told me I could also do a pear shape on the sides next to the rounds. (Solitaire, round, pear) instead of (solitaire, round, round)

What do y’all think of this setting? I want my ring to have uniqueness to it, and for people to really take a double look at it.

Also if y’all have any similar rings or have done something like this I’d love pictures please!!!

Top picture is obviously the setting I love and 2nd picture is my solitaire!!

Adding side stones to engagement ring 1

Adding side stones to engagement ring 2

11 Comments

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    I love it. It’s nice that you want to keep the stone because it has sentimental value to you. I say go for it if your fiancé is good with it.
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    My ring is kind of like that. I get lots of compliments. Have you talked to your fiancé about it?

Adding side stones to engagement ring 3
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I think it would work well with your stone
  • Rebecca
    Devoted June 2020
    Rebecca ·
    My ring has a unique band and I LOVE it! I think the band you found would be great with the stone you have!

Adding side stones to engagement ring 4
  • Jillian
    Savvy October 2020
    Jillian ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! And I have, he loves my ring the way it is but he also likes the setting I found so he’s totally fine with it!
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    It looks good to me. I'm a sucker for pear shaped diamonds but the setting is very nice
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

I think that would be gorgeous!

• Kelly
    Savvy May 2020
    Kelly ·
    I think my ring is pretty similar to what you’re describing. My fiancé added pear shaped stones to either side of the solitaire stone and I am in LOVE with the way it looks. I get compliments all the time on my ring! I’m sure yours will turn out gorgeous!

Adding side stones to engagement ring 5

Adding side stones to engagement ring 6
  • Jillian
    Savvy October 2020
    Jillian ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes!! I’m loving that look, I’m so excited!!
  • Erin
    Dedicated October 2019
    Erin ·
    I love pears as side stones. Have you picked your wedding band? I say go for it! You can never have too much sparkle 😊
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·

I say go for it! It beautiful either way, but adding the side stones would just make it that much better!

Comment on this discussion