Jen
Savvy October 2020

99% Sure i found my dress!

Jen, on November 28, 2019 at 11:41 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved

I’ve gone to two places to try on dresses. First experience was at a place called Bombshell Bridal in St Clair Shores, MI which specializes in Plus Size wedding dresses. I absolutely loved the experience and loved the first dress I tried on (4th dress in the photo). It felt like me and it felt like a second skin on me. I truly felt like a bride. And I cried when I put my mom’s veil on. Originally, we were going to make a hair clip veil from hers. However after seeing the whole look with my mom’s veil, I am not going to change a thing.
99% Sure i found my dress! 1The other shop I went to was David’s Bridal. Walking in there was such a wait to be helped. Totally a different experience to Bombshell. But I kind of expected that when going to a chain. However my consultant was fun to work with and she did help me feel beautiful. I loved the first and third dress in the photo. However they were $400 over my budget. And honestly they were wonderful dresses, but I didn’t feel like a bride in them. So I am pretty confident to go back to Bombshell to order my dress! 99% Sure i found my dress! 299% Sure i found my dress! 3

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on December 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

It's gorgeous! Is it a blush color?

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

At first I thought the plant behind you was like a heightened addition to your veil or something lol. Congrats though. You look beautiful!

• Jen
    Savvy October 2020
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. Yes it is. I absolutely love the color!
  • Jen
    Savvy October 2020
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. I know I’ve gotten a couple comments from coworkers when I’ve showed them that. lol
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol I was curious until I saw your reflection in the mirror.

• Amber
    Super September 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    David's Bridal just hires whoever off the street I have nothing good to say about that place.

Your face says it all in the one dress from that bridal boutique💜 Girl that's your dress🎉
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations! It’s beautiful and I love the color.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Congrats!!!
  • Jennifer
    VIP October 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Go with the last one. If that one gave you all the feels that is the one to go for!

All of them look great on you btw!!!
  • J
    Savvy July 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    That dress looks like it was made for you. Your going to be a beautiful bride💕
  • Jen
    Savvy October 2020
    Jen ·
    • Flag

99% Sure i found my dress! 4 Found another dress
  • Kris
    Beginner August 2018
    Kris ·
    • Flag
    The dress from Bombshell looks beautiful on you and your mom’s veil is perfect with it! The color is perfect for your skin tone too. I went to a plus size shop for my dress too. The experience was wonderful.
  • Jen
    Savvy October 2020
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I did end up buying the bombshell dress. Super excited. It just felt much better on. Better quality. Can’t wait for it to arrive!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics