We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Michelle
Just Said Yes June 2021

2 Maids of honor 1 bridesmaid

Michelle, on January 5, 2021 at 10:55 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved Save
My fiancé and I are planning out wedding for June 5,2021. Obviously it will be a more intimate than planned affair. I have a younger sister and cousin whom I am so close with, I would like them both to be maids of honor. Their personalities offset each other perfectly. I am also including my Fiancé’s cousin and a bridesmaid. We get along amazingly well, I’m just wondering how and if I should distinguish the maids of honor and the bridesmaids? Any ideas how to make the honors and bridesmaids different from each other without using different color dresses? I cannot change my mind on colors again. They are all wearing the same color but different styles.
Thanks!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on January 5, 2021 at 12:51 PM
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    I personally wouldn't have two of honors and only one bridesmaids because that could make the one who isn't a maid of honor feel left out. If you had more than three people I think it would have been fine.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think it’s a great idea to have two maids of honor and one bridesmaid. If the maids of honor wear something different to stand out, but there’s two of them, that means the one bridesmaid is the one standing out. I also just think that it’s hurtful for the one bridesmaid and not really an honor for the maids of honor when 2/3 of them have that “honor.” Seems like it would be easier to just have 3 bridesmaids.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Hmmmmm...I would just suggested maybe in private giving them a different wedding gift but I agree with the PP's I would not make it something noticeable because it would make the other feel left out.

• MLS
    Dedicated September 2021
    MLS ·
    • Flag

I agree with the PP's as well. I have a maid of honor and a matron of honor, and 4 bridesmaids. However, if I only had 4 in my party instead ofn6 I would have only picked 1 MOH. I would be careful with the 1 bridesmaid's feelings.

• Michelle
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you all so much. Your responses have been extremely helpful 💜

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics