We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Peyton
Beginner May 2021

1.5 Year Old Flower Girl? Ideas?

Peyton, on May 18, 2020 at 4:02 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 5
Saved Save
My nephew will be 3 by our wedding and my niece will be 1 year and 4 months. Is she old enough to be our flower girl? I do not have any other nieces or young girls that could be a flower girl, and I do really want her to be my flower girl.

It is not that big of a deal that she can’t actually throw petals, but doesn’t anyone have any creative ideas for what to do with a baby flower girl???
thanks!!

5 Comments

• Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I’ve seen the baby’s parents carry them and stick their hand in the basket to throw petals or pull them down the aisle in a wagon
  • Katie
    Dedicated August 2021
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's to young. I think it would be so adorable to have her. You could have her in a wagon and have your 3 year old nephew pull her down the isle.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy Online ·
    • Flag
    I was recently at a wedding where they pulled the flower girl in a wagon because she was so young and it was adorable.
  • Ti'Anna
    Expert May 2021
    Ti'Anna ·
    • Flag

I don't think that is too young. Our ring bearer will be one but we are just going to have him pulled in a wagon.

• M
    Dedicated October 2021
    Megan Online ·
    • Flag

I'd say a wagon is a good option, or just have a parent of hers (wedding party or not) carry her down the aisle. My brother was two when he was a ring bearer in my uncle's wedding. He was supposed to walk down the aisle himself, but got scared right before, and my mom (a bridesmaid) ended up just carrying him--super sweet and slightly more cost-effective than a wagon, haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles