Zoya's Atelier Reviews

57 | Falls Church, VA

57 Reviews for Zoya's Atelier

Nicole DiAntonio · Getting married on 01/05/2022

Highly recommend!

Zoyas Atelier absolutely saved the day by helping me find my dream wedding dress. Cannot say enough good things!

I was in the “getting married during the coronavirus” boat... and was in a panic trying to find a dress I felt pretty in for my small, intimate wedding.
    I had seen in the news that Zoya was doing virtual fittings. I called them and explained what I was looking for and the short time table I had to find it...

Spoke with Adele who immediately made me feel at ease (even though my wedding was right around the corner). She scheduled a virtual fitting right away and helped me safely find and try on my dream dress (even during a pandemic)!

I am so extremely grateful. Truly cannot day enough good things. I can only imagine the magic they can do when we aren’t in a global pandemic ♥️

Sent on 07/26/2020

Scarlett Mullins · Getting married on 06/26/2021

An Incredible Experience

My best friend is getting married this year. Bridal shopping hasn’t been the easiest for her given the current circumstances with COVID. I had got married the year before, and my experience was incredible with a boutique in Nashville. I didn’t have to deal with all of the regulations that she has had to. I wanted something that was still going to provide an experience for her, and Zoya’s went above and beyond. I appreciate them creating such a wonderful environment for her at her appointment. She ended up picking a gorgeous dress and felt absolutely stunning.

The women here are so knowledgeable and non judgmental. This is what an appointment should be like even during these difficult times. Brides need to be heard and want to feel special! Thank you all for being amazing at what you do!

Sent on 01/22/2021

Zoya's Atelier's reply:

Wow Scarlett!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! Despite the Covid circumstances, we do try to make every appointment as special as we possibly can, so your review means the world to us!! Best wishes, Amy and the Zoya's family!
  • Maggie

Maggie Carol · Married on 12/19/2020

Great shopping experience

This was the first bridal boutique I went to to look at dresses and found THE perfect dress after trying on the third dress. Everyone is very kind and very knowledgeable. I was worried about the alterations process but they were very supportive and reassured me that everything will look perfect for my wedding day.

Sent on 01/21/2021

Zoya's Atelier's reply:

Thank you Maggie!! It was an honor having you as a Zoya's Atelier Bride, and a joy working with you!! Congratulations!!!!
  • Caprice

Caprice Royal · Married on 11/21/2020

Wonderful Store with Amazing Owners

I didn't expect to get my dress on the first day of looking but the selection was amazing and Zola and her daughter-in-law were the best at finding and letting you know what worked and didn't. They spent as much time as I needed which happened to be a lot!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Katie Mounts · Married on 11/14/2020

Wonderful team and shop

If it is within your budget, I couldn't recommend purchasing your gown from Zoya's more highly. From my first visit to the shop on my first day of dress shopping, my experience was wonderful from the outset - Zoya generously shared her time, expertise, and candid opinions as I started my dress search, the dress selection itself is fantastic and unique, and their team is simply wonderful to work with. From their kindness to my mom during our visits to having clear and strict COVID protocols, Zoya, Amy, Adele, and Luvia were kind, professional, and skilled at every step. I felt like I was in the best of hands navigating wedding planning during what is now a quite challenging time to plan a wedding. In the end, I had a gown I loved and felt beautiful in, and wonderful memories from the experience getting it. So grateful to have selected their team.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Ebtsam Negash · Married on 10/31/2020

Hidden Gem!

Omg! This is an amazing place, can't find words to describe my experience! First dress and I said YESSSSSS!!Adele is a diamond.

Sent on 08/14/2020
  • Sydney

Sydney Morgan · Married on 10/10/2020

Personal Experience

This was the first place I went to try on wedding dresses, and it was a nice experience. Amy was very patient and helpful. She made sure I had time to look at the dresses alone and decide what I liked about them each before showing them to my mom and sister. I ended up coming back a few days later to try on a dress and decided to go with it even though it was more than I wanted to spend. All of my fittings were during the pandemic. Amy was helpful, and the tailors did a great job making sure I fit in the dress perfectly. I brought in a piece of my grandmother's wedding crown, and they were able to sew it onto the veil--it looked perfect and was a great tribute to her. The team also took pieces of lace from my dress and sewed them onto a white mask I bought for no charge. I got so many compliments at my wedding on the dress and the mask. Finally, Amy gave me a six pence to wear in my shoe on my wedding day, which is apparently a British tradition. It was a great, personal touch after a wonderful overall experience. If you can afford a slightly more pricey gown, this is the place to go. Everyone is so accommodating and kind, and Amy does a great job calming any nerves and making sure you feel great in your dress.

Sent on 11/23/2020
  • Joyce

Joyce Dela Pena · Married on 10/05/2020

Knowledgeable and expert family boutique!

I really, really loved my experience at Zoya's. It was by far my favorite boutique that I visited in the DMV area, though I ultimately said yes to a dress somewhere else. I worked with Amy, who is utterly genuine, easy to talk to, as well as super sharp, insightful, and completely knowledgeable about every gown and every designer. As I tried on a number of dresses, Amy weighed the pros and cons of each dress with me and pointed out what was working with my body and what wasn't. She also expertly matched each dress to the perfect veil so I could get a complete look, had me walk up and down the store so I could see how I moved in each dress, and kind of just blew me away with how thorough and thoughtful she was and how much time and attention she was giving me. I got the impression that Zoya and Amy are total pros -- they don't even use clamps because they said you can get a better sense of how a dress will look by painstakingly pinning it. This was such a change from some of the other places I visited, where someone just threw a bunch of clamps at the back and shooed you out.

Based on my reactions to the dresses I tried on, Amy pulled several dresses for me that I never would have thought to try on and I fell utterly in love with them. She is the only stylist to have done this for me successfully. Although I ended up not getting the specific dress I fell in love with (my family wanted something more traditional and it was outside of my budget -- totally heartbreaking), I really loved and appreciated the experience.

My only con about Zoya's is that they don't let you take photos of yourself in the dresses because their designers don't allow it. This was a serious downside for me because none of my bridal party lives in the area and my mom lives across the country. I was able to Facetime with my mom with Amy's help, but I wish I could have had photos to show my friends and to reference later on while making a decision. And, I also think it's important to see the dress in photos so you can see it from different angles, etc. So, in sum, definitely bring along anyone who is necessary to you in the decision-making process because they aren't going to see you in the dress otherwise!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Kaleigh

Kaleigh Jones · Married on 08/22/2020

Private Bridal Experience

After going to many other stores that made me feel rushed, judged, and hopeless, I finally discovered Zoya's and never turned back. The atelier shop is not pretentious or overwhelming - it feels like home and the quality of the dresses speak for themselves. My favorite part of working with the Zoya's team was the private appointment experience. No other clients were ever booked during my appointments (before and during covid), which I really loved. It felt like I was their most important customer every time. I also loved that Zoya & Amy personally knew the designer of my dress from London, which gave me extra confident in their professional opinions and ability to execute perfect alterations. I have already recommended Zoya's to a best friend (who also happily found her dress there) and will continue to encourage all brides shopping for their dream dress to put full trust in Zoya's to help you with this special shopping and alterations experience. Cheers!

Sent on 09/20/2020

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2020

Happy Corona Bride

I started shopping for my dream dress pre Covid and Zoya’s did it right! Their selection and service was amazing. I may be biased because I found “The One” there, but it was more than that. You could tell that everyone genuinely cared and that care crossed over into Covid times when a Corona Bride like myself needed it most.

I will never forget this experience and highly recommend!

Sent on 11/23/2020

Becky h · Married on 05/23/2020

Amazing!!!

Do not walk, run to Zoya’s for all of your bridal and formal wear needs. Words do not begin to express my love and affection for Zoya and all of the wonderful ladies at Zoya’s Atelier. The whole process has been incredible. Start to finish these ladies are ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️!

When first selecting a gown, Amy was kind, and patient while I tried on practically the whole store. I absolutely love gowns and she was gracious and made me feel like a princess. There an so many incredible styles to pick from. Zoya has such an incredible eye for fashion. She’s curated, honestly, the best selection in the DC area. Trust me when I say this as I visited most of the salons in town. I even went up to NYC to go to Kleinfields and they can’t hold a candle to the experience, attention, and care you’ll get at Zoya’s. She’s got dresses on her showroom floor that women of all sizes can actually try on and in styles that will really compliment each size. I’m talking all sizes, size 0-plus. I’m telling you this woman has a gift.

Once I had selected my gown it was on to the waiting game. It delightfully arrived and on March 13th I had my first fitting. Adele was so welcoming helping me get into the gown while Zoya and Olivia were busy being complete experts at alterations. I had a number if modification added to my gown. I wanted a corset put in and the off the Sholder sleeves to be removable so I could dance. With grace and an incredible eye for style the pair expertly crafted the gown to meet my needs. I’m an opera singer who loves gowns and has spent a fair amount of time working in costume shops helping with costume builds. When I say these women are magicians I mean it.

Well as you guessed it COVID hit and all hell broke loose in the world but not at Zoya’s! They were on the phone with me checking about my wedding date communicating beautifully. As soon as they were able to open, in I went for a fitting alla mask and they made it a wonderful experience. My alternations came out perfectly and my gown fits like a glove. I feel more stunning in my gown than I possibly could have imagined. Every tiny detail was though of and addressed. If you can’t tell, I adore these ladies Please, please, go here for your dress you won’t regret it.

Ps they have an amazing formal wear section and my mom who is a plus size found the most amazing incredible gown with Zoya. They made her dress fit like a glove. It was incredible to watch their magic. They practically rebuilt the dress after it arrived from the supplier to be a made to measure incredible gown for my mother. I’m so happy to see my mom feel beautiful and it’s thanks to the wonderful women at Zoya’s Atelier.

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Macey

Macey Sevcik · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing alterations

I bought my dress elsewhere, but had it altered at Zoyas - the team there was so sweet and professional! I went in thinking I only needed the dress hemmed, but thankfully the seamstress explained that more improvements were required and the dress fit like a glove! They were very organized and timed everything perfectly to ensure every detail was attended to and I had the dress in time.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Lauren · Married on 11/10/2019

Incredible Bridal Boutique!!!

Zoya's was amazing in helping me find my dream dress! Both Zoya and Amy were incredibly helpful! The boutique is so beautiful and very comfortable. The whole team is remarkably talented!! I never felt rushed or forced into any decisions. They helped down to every last detail, shoes, jewelry, dress preservation, etc! I can't recommend this boutique enough!!!

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Ro · Married on 11/09/2019

An Absolute Pleasure To Work With

From the moment my now-husband and I met Amy at the Eagle Bank arena wedding expo on 1/12/19 until I picked up my wedding gown on 10/24/19, it was an absolute pleasure to work with Zoya’s Atelier! I had gone to visit another bridal boutique before going to Zoya’s, but as soon as I set foot inside the atelier, I knew I was never looking back! Although I did not really have a clear vision of what kind of gown I wanted, Amy was very helpful in helping me select the perfect gown for me, namely the “Ireland” gown by Sottero & Midgley in ivory. She was also very helpful in personalizing my gown. For example, I opted for the button-down back with the hidden zipper instead of the corset-laced back. Moreover, Amy suggested having the detachable cap sleeves the gown already comes with connect to one another in the back to create a keyhole effect, which I loved and was very unique. Once my gown was ordered, I began working with Zoya herself, who was also a pleasure to work with during all of the fittings. Her expertise with wedding gowns was clearly evident and she got my gown to fit beautifully and give me curves I didn’t even know I had! She, along with my mother and matron and maid of honor, also helped select the perfect veil to accompany my gown! My breath was taken away upon seeing myself in my gown and veil at my last fitting! I am extremely happy I went with Zoya’s! Although they have a wide-range selection of gorgeous gowns hanging throughout the atelier, you can clearly see each one of them without struggling to squeeze your way through a cluttered sea of mish-mashed gowns like the other boutique I had visited beforehand. The atelier’s open-concept floor plan gives it a very elegant yet comfortable feel where you don’t feel overwhelmed. In addition, I love that they only operate by appointment to avoid being bombarded by brides-to-be all at once, which allows the staff to pay close attention to each client. My experience with Amy, Zoya, and their assistants showed me that everyone at Zoya’s is very professional and courteous. I highly recommend them not only to those looking for their bridal gown, but also to those who are looking for unique gowns for other special occasions since they also offer a variety of other gowns on top of their bridal selections. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Elaina Kaiser · Married on 11/02/2019

Excellent Experience

I wish I could shout my recommendation for Zoya's Atelier from the mountain tops! From start to finish it was an amazing process. Amy helped me pick out my dream dress and Zoya and her team tailored it to my body perfectly. I felt beautiful in the dress every minute that I was wearing it. I would go to fittings and I never wanted to leave their store! Amy Bitici knows her stuff! She helps find the perfect dress for you with honesty and a huge wisdom of her craft. My husband and my father burst into tears the second they saw me in the dress. There are dresses for multiple budgets, and for every woman! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/05/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/19/2019

Zoya and Amy are AMAZING

I had first been to Zoya's Atelier when my best friend was getting married. They helped her find the most beautiful dress and were lovely throughout the whole process. So when it was my turn to go shopping for wedding dresses I knew I had to go to Zoya's as well.

The process of trying on dresses was something I was extremely nervous about due to fears of not liking myself in any dresses. Amy and Zoya immediately left me feeling comfortable and supported while trying on various styles of wedding gowns. There is a body positive atmosphere in the atelier and Amy has such an empowering way of supporting each bride find their dress.

Once I had my dress, communication and coordination for fittings was easy and seamless. We were able to book those appointments enough in advance for my mom to travel from SC to be there with me as well. The alterations were amazing an the dress fit me like it was molded specifically for my body.

I can't thank the team over there enough for a fabulous experience and would highly recommend them for any bride to be!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Melanie P · Married on 10/12/2019

Best bridal boutique

Zoya’s was my first and last stop for finding the perfect wedding dress. From the moment I arrived, I KNEW this family-owned bridal boutique was exactly what I was looking for. Amy and her team welcomed us with open arms, then sat with us to get a better sense of what I needed. Although I was fairly certain I wanted a mermaid style dress, Amy suggested I try a few different styles just in case. I’m grateful that she did, because I ultimately ended up going with a fit and flare style. Amy took the time to tell us about the different designers and styles they carried, then described how the store was organized and what we could expect in terms of price point for each section. Once she saw the types of dresses I was grabbing off the racks, she even brought me a few additional dresses that met my criteria. By the time I tried on the fourth dress, the tears started flowing and I knew it was the one. To make sure, I still tried on about four or five more, and Amy and her team were so patient while I was trying to make my final decision. I never felt pressured, and they offered very insightful feedback that helped solidify my decision. Zoya’s alterations were impeccable, and I couldn’t have been happier with the way it turned out. They made me feel like part of their family and I really looked forward to each of my appointments. I can’t say enough good things about my entire experience. I promise you that Zoya’s will offer you first class service from start to finish. Thanks to everyone who made my experience so wonderful.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Gabriela

Gabriela Alvarez · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Shopping Experience and Beautiful Gowns!

My mom and I went to Zoya’s as our very first stop dress-shopping, and no other shop even came close to the level of service, warmth, and unique dresses we experienced at Zoya’s. Amy discussed our wedding vision with us and let us look at dresses at our own pace, without feeling rushed. She also provided great feedback on what silhouettes would look good on me and why this was the case. We ended up purchasing the gown of my dreams!! They ran behind on my alterations but October is always a very busy month for weddings. On the wedding day, my bustle loop broke while dancing and the fabric on the hem frayed during our first look, so I’d recommend asking for reinforcements on your bustle and hem. Nonetheless, Zoya and Amy made me feel like a part of the family and I felt so confident and glamorous on my wedding day! I can guarantee you will not find a better atelier than Zoya’s.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Jessica Bailey · Married on 10/12/2019

The best part of planning my wedding

I wish I could give them more stars. Zoya’s was the best wedding partnership and experience out of every single element of my wedding planning process. I could write a love story about them, but to make this review as helpful as possible for any bride, I am going to bullet it out below:

1. Environment: you feel at home the second you walk into Zoya’s. Partly because of the building itself and the aesthetic they create, but more so for their friendly staff. Their people are everything. Overall, they provide a very high end experience with a casual and comfortable feel.

2. The service: it was so refreshing to work with a salon with strong systems and processes. It was actually one of the last studios I visited and I wish it was the first so I could understand what a well run salon should look and feel life. They are THE BAR. Everything was incredibly organized and personalized, versus some other salons that felt like a factory churning out dresses and brides. They keep an intimate setting and are appointment only so you don’t need to fight for attention during your consultation.

3. Their gowns: they carried the most beautiful designers. I walked into a lot of salons that fit my price range but NOT the quality I was looking for, this was the first that did both. They also carried a very wide range of styles. There is something for everyone here!

4. One stop shop: they do everything! They obviously have a wide selection of bridal gowns, but in addition to that, they had beautiful evening wear, accessories of every kind, and do all their alterations in house with a phenomenal team. Not only did they take care of me, but my mother also got her gown from here as well. It was such a fun experience for us to do it all together!

5. The alterations: one of the things I was most anxious about were the alterations. I have heard horror stories of prices and poor quality. Zoya and her team are ridiculously talented! This is a place you can trust to do what you ask and also not over charge you for every change you need to make. Once my dress came in, they did an assessment of the potential changes and set the price up front! It was so nice to not have a bill every time we came in and for them to honor the price set up front. Also, they even do made to measure here!!

6. The people: they are highly educated, professional, caring, talented, supportive and kind.

Zoya is incredible, I don’t even know how else to describe her aside from calling her a magician!! She is extremely qualified and has a ton of experience with alterations, she has a perfect eye and made all kinds of recommendations for my alterations and changes to my dress that I didn’t even imagine, she made my gown fit like a glove. You can’t underestimate the value of her eye!! She was so patient with me and really helped me navigate the changes. It truly was a custom experience at a very reasonable price considering the amount of changes and attention she gave to my gown. I couldn’t believe it. Zoya made my gown and my mother’s gown PERFECT.

Then there is Amy. Amy was the first person I interacted with at Zoya’s and she made me feel like her best friend right off the bat! She was a great listener, helped me sort through all the thoughts and ideas in my head to find the perfect pieces for ME, she did not push me she just guided me which was very refreshing. She was extremely knowledgeable about the designers and the options for changes. She was a phenomenal communicator and was always very transparent on pricing, alterations, turnaround time, etc. such a small thing, but I’m telling you, it is not like that everywhere. Not going to lie, at times she was even my therapist. I cannot imagine going through this stressful process of wedding planning, even things outside of the dress, without Amy. She was a rock for me and constant calm every step of the way. Completely above and beyond and far exceeded my expectations.

To wrap this up, GO TO ZOYAS YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYONE BETTER!!!

Xo

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/05/2019

Best all around shopping experience

There aren’t enough great things I can say about my experience at Zoya’s and the help I received this year from Zoya and Amy! They have a great selection of dresses for a variety of budgets and they really do strive to make you feel special throughout the whole process! Zoya personally opened the store for me and made me try on every dress with accessories to really give me a true feel for each dress! They made me feel like family throughout this process and I recommend everyone in the northern Va/DC area to check out zoyas!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Darcey · Married on 09/29/2019

One of a kind bridal boutique/experience

The Zoya's team did an outstanding job from the second we connected and I'd recommend them to anyone. I loved their boutique designs that you won't find anywhere else, their OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE, and honest feedback throughout the entire process. You know you're in the hands of folks who genuinely care and love what they do.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Meghan · Married on 09/21/2019

Best experience, beautiful dresses & amazing custom tailoring

I had such a wonderful experience with Zoya’s. They made me feel very comfortable while I tried on dresses but were not pushy. They are so good at knowing what works with your body type so you look your absolute best (I thought I wanted an A-line dress, but Amy suggested I try fit-to-flare and she was 100% right!!). After I selected my dress, Zoya worked on alterations to make sure my dress fit me perfectly on my wedding day. She has such an eye for detail and transformed my dress even further so that it was absolutely perfect. I can’t recommend them enough – they are true experts at what they do and are such lovely people. Thank you again for everything, Zoya, Amy & team!!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay · Married on 09/14/2019

Zoya Atelier

Zoya and Amy are a bride’s best friend! They are extremely knowledgeable, personable, patient, and honest. All I had to say was a few descriptors and Amy had my dress linked to a designer in a matter of seconds! Not only that, but she helped me sift through several styles to find the one that fit my personality, venue and shape perfectly. When I had mentioned making a few adjustments for the Mass portion of the wedding and creating my own custom veil, Zoya’s eye for design and customization emanated. I trusted both Amy and Zoya’s opinions with my whole heart and they certainly delivered. I cannot thank them enough for making this process fun, exciting, stress free, and one to remember (and recommend) FOREVER! Eternally grateful to you both and your wonderful team!

Sent on 04/10/2020

John Davidson · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Service, Beautify Dress

When we started looking for a wedding dress, we had to do so on a shortened timeline due to family health issues. One of our most immediate concerns regarding the wedding was if we would be able to get a dress in time. Zoya's Atelier alleviated that concern almost immediately. The experts there were able to find a stunning dress that as soon as my wife tried it on she knew it was the one. we were very happy with their service and would put them high on the list of recommendations for anyone looking for a wedding dress.

Sent on 11/30/2019