Your Special Day by Joni Reviews

184 Reviews for Your Special Day by Joni

• Alyssa

Alyssa L. · Married on 04/17/2021

Thankful for Joni in navigating our COVID wedding

I am so thankful to have found Joni to help us have the wedding of our dreams. I'll never forget my first call with her almost two years ago - I explained the not-so-great experience I had speaking with another wedding planner, and I could immediately tell that Joni was truly listening to me. Her calm demeanor and consultative approach made me feel comforted and assured that I would be in good hands by working with her.

As an out-of-state bride, I had no idea what to expect especially when trying to select vendors. Joni always gave several amazing options for us to choose from and I always appreciated her honesty. As if planning a wedding wasn't hard enough, COVID of course made it even harder - with all the challenges we faced (1st reschedule, then the original venue telling us they were canceling all weddings in 2021 due to renovations, which left us with the 3rd date), I always felt like Joni was in our corner and ALWAYS there to support us getting through these emotional times we faced.

Joni was with us literally every step of the way of planning this wedding, and she really has become like family to us and our families. Our wedding weekend turned out to be everything we had envisioned and hoped for - it was FLAWLESS, FUN, and BEAUTIFUL!!! Her team is extremely professional and on top of it, and I am so happy that we were finally able to have our celebration.

It is sad to think that my time, after almost two years of planning with Joni, has now come to an end. Joni made the wedding planning experience FUN, and I truly couldn't imagine going through that process without her.

Joni - from my family and Derek's, we are so appreciative of everything you have done for us. You made us feel so special, and I know we'll stay in touch and get some drinks next time we're in FL.

To other brides who are considering Joni, rest assured you're in good hands.

Sent on 05/05/2021

Mike C. · Married on 04/10/2021

Great Wedding day thanks to Joni

I cannot say enough about Joni and her assistants from Your Special Day By Joni. Every step of the process was meticulously planned and thought out to meet the client’s desires and an agreed upon budget. She assisted in every faucet of the planned event. What was even more impressive was her can do attitude and preparation to ensure that special day proceeded without incident. On the day of the event was even more impressive. Joni was physically there along with her team managing the vendors and coordinating with the venue. Her team was present until the very end. It was truly amazing and very enjoyable to work with someone that was not only extremely proficient but also very professional. I cannot thank her enough for making my daughter’s wedding the absolute best. We received so many compliments on the wedding and it is all due to Joni and her staff. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/15/2021

Chelsea C. · Married on 04/10/2021

Absolutely amazing

Joni is absolutely amazing! I was a very confused bride, I knew the overall picture I wanted, but had NO idea of details to make that happen. Joni held my hand all the way and made it so easy. Also, my wedding turned out ABSOLUTELY amazing. Joni has all to credit. Love her and no one will be disappointed choosing her to help you along the way.

Sent on 06/04/2021

Katherine K. · Married on 04/03/2021

Your Special Day By Joni

Joni with Your Special Day By Joni is one in a million. She is truly “The Best!” In the business! All the Vendors she recommended were amazing. She definitely went the extra mile in every way to make our daughter’s wedding unforgettable. She created a beautiful memory that will be in our hearts forever. Thank You Joni!

Sent on 04/08/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica T. · Married on 02/20/2021

Exceeded Expectations

I feel so lucky to have had Joni plan my wedding. I had a vision in my head of exactly how I wanted my wedding to look and she was able to capture my vision perfectly. She did an absolutely amazing job creating the wedding of my dreams. She helped keep me on track through the entire planning process, and was so accessible every step of the way. She made me feel like I was the only wedding/bride that she was working to organize. I highly highly recommend Joni, her services are worth every penny.

Sent on 05/02/2021
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 01/23/2021

Absolutely Amazing!!

Joni is a dream to work with!! She was there for me every step of the way even when we needed to reschedule our wedding date due to the pandemic. Joni & team were so professional, so knowledgeable & made planning a wedding a lot less stressful! I would 1000% recommend Joni for your events! She never disappoints!!

Sent on 02/04/2021
  • kristina

Kristina · Married on 11/21/2020

Joni did an awesome job with my wedding. She helped me stay organized during the planning stages. On the day of, I didn't have to worry about a thing. I cried when I saw how perfect everything came together. I don't know what I would have done without her.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Rebecca B. · Married on 06/28/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Joni is an absolute rockstar! Joni was helping us plan our 150 person June wedding and then helped us downsize to an intimate wedding of 13 in my parent’s backyard due to COVID-19. Throughout the whole process, Joni was always upbeat and positive and had such a calming presence. She was always so quick to answer texts, emails, and calls. The vendors Joni recommended were top notch and did such a wonderful job. On our wedding day, Joni was there the entire day to make sure everything went smoothly so we didn’t have to worry about anything and could just enjoy the day. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we could not have done it without Joni.

Sent on 07/01/2020

Monique P. · Married on 06/27/2020

Done need to look further! Hire now!

Joni and her team (Laura) were absolutely incredible. Joni is sweet, calming, detail oriented and everything I needed to make sure my day flawless. She is truly one of a kind. She was available whenever I needed her and made sure everything was taken care of . Little details that she knew meant something to me she made sure were perfect! Not only is she a wonderful wedding planner; she is a wonderful person. I felt like i knew her for years the second i met her. I will forever be grateful for her!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Joakim

Joakim O. · Married on 03/01/2020

My special day with Joni

Joni is one of those few people who goes the extra mile. she makes you feel comfortable under any circumstances both during and under your special day.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • W

William G. · Married on 03/01/2020

Joni and her staff exceeded our expectations.

We cannot say enough about what Joni and her staff did for our daughters wedding at the Vizcaya Museum. There is no doubt that her efforts were way beyond what we could hope for. We realized after trying to manage the process ourselves that being a destination wedding and with our daughter in school outside the U.S., we desperately needed help. We found Joni and she was a godsend. She has the unique ability to make you feel that everything is under control, and indeed it was. She also has so many contacts and excellent relationships with the all of the vendors that were involved with the wedding and they all love working with her. Joni and her staff, especially Brigette, really made the event run so smoothly and when it was all over, we felt like they had become part of our family. We could not imagine that there is a better wedding planner and staff in the South Florida area.

Sent on 02/28/2020
  • Hayden

Hayden E. · Married on 01/18/2020

Best day of my life!

Joni was awesome to work with and our wedding day was absolutely perfect! There are so many things that you don't even think about when you're planning a wedding, and Joni makes sure that everything is taken care of and runs flawlessly. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Patrice · Married on 01/04/2020

Wedding Planner

Joni was outstanding. She coordinated all the details of my son's wedding. I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa P. · Married on 12/31/2019

Amazing planner !!!!

I hired Joni after one conversation when I first got engaged. Right away, she was extremely helpful from finding venues and quotes to discussing other various details. Throughout the year she was a life saver with every decision I needed to make and helped solve any problem that came up. Her and her team were always thoughtful and creative with ideas help me achieve my dream wedding. Joni was also always a voice of reason during times of stressful planning. The day of the wedding went so smoothly because they were there. I don't think I could've had a destination wedding without her!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/10/2019

Wonderful wedding planner

Joni was absolutely wonderful with planning our wedding! We went back and forth about whether or not we wanted to use a wedding planner, but I am so relieved and happy we made the right choice. She did so much to help the process go smoothly. She found and communicated with the vendors, sent reminders so we stayed on top of our to-do list, offered ideas all along the way, had an amazing team, and created a detailed timeline that made the day so much easier. She is so knowledgeable and detailed-oriented. We have nothing but amazing things to say about her and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 02/16/2020
  • Jana

Jana J. · Married on 10/05/2019

Joni is the best in the biz

Joni was AMAZING to work with. I cannot say enough positive things about how wonderful she was to work with. She made all of my wedding dreams into a magical reality. She executed every single detail perfectly and was a PLEASURE to work with.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Sue G. · Married on 07/20/2019

Spectacular!

Planning a wedding is stressful but thanks to Joni and team it was a wonderful experience. Joni is professional, has great knowledge of vendors and wedding planning to make your dreams come true. There is nothing we would have done differently. Can't say enough good things about Joni and her assistants.
    Sue G

Sent on 07/27/2019

Nikki · Married on 03/22/2019

Exceeds all Expectations!

Hiring Joni as our wedding planner was the absolute best decision! She is simply the best and has an abundance of experience. Her patience, professionalism and encouragement helped us enjoy the planning process. Our entire wedding experience was nothing short of spectacular! Joni really made sure everything was beyond perfect the day of our wedding. Any problems that arose, her team would handle. We didn't even notice if something had deviated from our schedule because she took care of it all. We cannot thank her enough for making all our dreams come true and highly recommend her services

Sent on 04/18/2019

Ella · Married on 03/16/2019

My wedding was literally perfect

Words cannot describe how lucky I feel that Joni was my wedding planner. Working with her was the best decision I could have made. I will truly miss talking to her on the phone - aside from being an incredible wedding planner, she is insanely sweet and kind. She loves animals and has the most positive energy. She picked amazing vendors, had great communication, and pulled everything together for the best day of my life! We had last minute vendor changes, last minute number changes, and last minute venue changes, but somehow, everything went perfectly, and of course that’s because of Joni. This was a destination wedding and there was a ton going on in our lives this year. Joni really took over and made everything happen. She is truly a professional. We are ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. We HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Joni, especially for destination weddings. I tried my best to explain how pleased we are, but a few days later we are still at a loss and on a high from how perfect and special our wedding was. Seriously, you are missing out if you are not booking Joni to plan your wedding. I LOVE THIS WOMAN!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Nancy · Married on 03/09/2019

Best wedding planner

My daughter interviewed numerous wedding planners in the Delray Beach/Boca Raton, Florida area. After talking with Joni she knew that Joni would truly make her wedding
    “a special day!” Almost a year later with much planning, Joni did exactly that! A wedding beyond our dreams. I can not say enough about her.

Joni can easily be described as:
    A Hard Worker
    Always Available
    Quick to Smile
    Understanding
    Kind with a Good Heart

We decided to have an “at home, outside Florida wedding.” When having an at home wedding and bringing all the suppliers into a backyard the logistics can be over whelming and very involved. Joni never let us down. From the tent people to the catering company, to the tables and dishes to the dance floor, to the ceremony set up, and much more everything was perfect. The wedding and reception was beyond what we had ever dreamed of and all within budget.

Joni not only listened to what the parents wanted, but she listened to the bride and groom as well. I found that to be a perfect touch, as nothing was done without the OK of everyone involved.

I have worked with other wedding planners before and found them at times to be difficult or even stubborn. Joni is not like that at all. She truly cares and wants to make “your day” the best it can be all within your wants and needs. This is a unique gift she brings to her planning and day of the event coordination.

Do not hesitate to contact this wonderful woman for any event! She will always be the lady I recommend to anyone in southern Florida.

Thank you Joni for everything you did for us. We will never forget you!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Tamara C. · Married on 03/07/2019

Best Planner Ever!!

I met Joni about 8 years ago after she planned the most incredible wedding for my sister, and then for some of my friends. I waited patiently until I met my prince to have Joni then plan mine! She is the BEST PLANNER EVER. Everything was perfect, down to each detail. I was not living in the location of the wedding, and Joni helped my mom get it all done. She made my wedding planning EASY! Thank you Joni for turning my fairytale wedding into a reality. You worked your magic and I couldn’t be more grateful to you and your team!! Thank you for being so patient, so detail oriented, so professional, and so compassionate!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Taina

Taina · Married on 03/02/2019

Great wedding planner

My husband and I got married at Boca Raton resort and Club in March of 2019. Joni and her team were absolutely amazing. Everybody knows Joni and her incredible work. She is extremely organized and has great experience. She thought about every detail we forgot. From the beginning to the end of our wedding, Joni's team was impeccable. Every time we needed something they were there solving the problem. Amazing. I definitely recommend Joni and her team.

Sent on 03/17/2019

Samantha L. · Married on 02/23/2019

Joni's Professionalism & Experience Truly Made our Day Unforgettable

We were referred to Joni Scalzo by two dear friends who had previously used her for a total of three of their daughter’s weddings. We could not be happier with our decision to hire Joni. Joni (and her team) were truly professionals in their dealings not only with us, but with the vendors. Most importantly, we found that Joni had previously established an excellent reputation and rapport with the vendors we chose. Thus, our entire planning experience and ultimately the wedding experience was enhanced as her reputation truly precedes her and the vendors enjoy working with her. Joni was extremely sensitive and responsive to all of our questions and concerns from the beginning of the planning to the end. Thus, we were able to enjoy the planning experience as well as our beautiful wedding weekend. We would highly recommend Joni and her team to anyone who wants to ensure that they are hiring someone who truly cares about her clients and understands that ultimately the creation of a bride’s wedding day takes a village with many moving parts.

Katie & Samantha

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 02/17/2019

If you want a pro, look no further than Joni!

Joni is the BEST! We are still getting compliments from our February 2019 wedding. As a bride whose profession is a corporate and incentive event planner, I was looking for a very specific type of planner and special person to be my wedding planner. After receiving a few recommendations of planners in the Boca/Delray area and chatting with a few, I knew Joni was the right person for me from the moment we met her. Our monthly check-in calls kept me on track and the planning process always moving forward. The communication, follow-up, attention to detail and consultative advice was exactly what I was looking for. Although I feared I would micromanage our wedding, I confidently turned everything over to Joni and her team and never looked at my timeline once! Joni and her team even came to the rescue when the bottom of my dress got dirty right before the ceremony by scrubbing it with club soda and drying with a hair dryer while keeping me calm as possible-- they saved the day! Every other detail of the day was absolutely perfect.

If you want someone who is a vetted professional with a great reputation, keeps great vendor relationships, is detailed oriented and talks open and honestly with you than look no further than Your Special Day by Joni. Our wedding was an absolute dream and Joni’s team had our full confidence.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Lilian

Lilian A. · Married on 11/17/2018

Joni was the perfect wedding planner!

If you wish to have the best party with unique moments leave everything in her hands and all your wishes will come true! Thank again Joni for your expertise you are the best!
    Lilian and ivan