Ybarra Events Reviews

31 Reviews for Ybarra Events

• Paula

Paula Landers · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Absolutely the best!

I cannot begin to praise Tara Ybarra enough for all she did for me and my family during my daughter's recent wedding in Geyserville, California. Tara is incredibly organized, responsible, responsive, tactful and kind all at the same time. Everything she promised she'd do, she delivered on! She was the first one to get to the church and the last person to leave the reception. Her quiet efficiency impressed not only me at the wedding reception but also several of our guests that commented to me on her competency. Every time in the 8 months of planning this wedding that I reached out to Tara, she answered quickly and knowledgeably. Planning this wedding from a distance turned out not to be a chore with Tara's help. She gave us a heads up on a problem vendor we had hired and quickly recommended another saving us some major frustration and not to mention, money.
    I cannot think of one thing negative about Tara. You absolutely cannot go wrong hiring her. My daughter and I both are missing her. She had become one of the family!!
    With deep appreciation, thank you Tara!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Ybarra Events's reply:

Paula, it was an absolute pleasure to get to know you and your family! You're all wonderful and I'm so grateful to have been able to help you with your daughter's wedding day. Miss you already!
  • Wendy

Wendy Isaacs · Getting married on 07/04/2020

Simply Incredible!

The only reason I hired a wedding coordinator was because our venue required it. That being said, I AM SO GLAD I DID! Tara was incredibly professional, kind, and creative. We hired her for her "day of" service package. We got so much more than just a day! I cannot say enough about her and her partner.

Sent on 01/20/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you so much Wendy! We loved helping you with your wedding day! I feel so lucky that you hired me. Lucky for me, your venue needed a planner! Ha!

Hayley · Married on 05/29/2020

Ybarra Events is the best!!!

We absolutely loved working with Tara as our wedding coordinator. We hired her for her day-of services, but she honestly went above and beyond what we had expected. She was so organized, calm, and knowledgable - qualities that any great event planner should have but she truly was top notch. We cannot recommend her enough!

Ybarra Events's reply:

It was so nice to plan with someone that was also so organized too and had everything together! You were a joy to plan with! Thanks Hayley!
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne Curry · Married on 12/10/2019

Stellar experience

Tara was amazing as our wedding coordinator! Though she was just our day of coordinator, we had lots of contact months in advance of the event, discussing details of the timeline and ideas I had. She took my ideas and expanded on them, and was always very enthusiastic about everything we had planned. I sent a ton of emails to run things by her, and she never seemed to be bothered even after what felt like hundreds of messages!

On the day of the event she made sure everything ran smoothly and exactly according to plan. After the ceremony, I started feeling suffocated by the tightness of the corset on my dress. Tara promptly took out her "emergency kit" and was able to rig something to loosen the corset a little bit. This saved me! I was able to wear my dress comfortably the rest of the night. They also had toys to give out to all the little ones who attended the wedding. This was a great way to help keep them occupied while sitting at the tables. After the wedding was over, Tara and her husband did a fast and efficient job at getting all the cleanup done.

In conclusion, Tara was a dream to work with. So detail oriented, and always very sweet and enthusiastic. Working with her almost felt like I was working with a friend. I highly recommend her for any event you might have!

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you so much Cheyenne! I was so happy to have gotten to help you with your wedding day (and to rig you a more comfortable corset! Ha!) The day turned out beautifully.
  • Barbara

Barbara Robinson · Married on 11/10/2019

The Right Choice

Whenever I daydreamed over the details of my wedding, having a wedding planner was not something I anticipated needing. Being the type A personality type that I am, I always figured I would have every detail figured out myself and would just save us a little bit of money planning it myself. Once the engagement was set and we chose our venue, it ended up being a written requirement that we had to have a planner. I tried to think of it in a positive light, and began searching off the venue's list of recommended vendors. Ybarra events was the second Wedding Planning service that we contacted, and it was truly serendipitous! We clicked with Tara immediately over the phone, and within minutes it was like she knew us for years. She helped us navigate the space of having a queer wedding, incorporating both of our tastes and make it something we could be happy with and have everyone enjoy as well. With two strong personalities, that is NOT an easy feat! Since I still wanted to have a bit of creative freedom with the planning, we hired Tara on as a "Day of" coordinator, to assist with the flow of the ceremony/reception and guide the vendors in the last few weeks of preparations. Tara went above and beyond, reaching out to us even before it was agreed upon, to see how we were managing and offer advice if needed. Her knowledge and expertise helped calm so many nerves and concerns that we don't know how we could have made it through without her! She is such a patient, kind human being and neither one of us felt rushed, judged or anything of the sort when it came to making decisions. The wedding itself went off fabulously, and we will forever be grateful to Ybarra events for the effort that was put In to give us the moment we dreamed of!

One piece of advice, if you can afford to hire Tara on for more then just the "Day of" service... DO IT. Her work is beautiful and she has a way of making your visions come to life. It will also save you A LOT of stress and heartache in the long run, knowing your wedding is in the hands of a pro. You'll thank me later.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Barbara and Colleen! I loved helping your wedding vision come to life! You were so easy to work with and I really appreciate your fun-loving personalities!

Pat Davisson · Married on 10/05/2019

Loved Tara’s energy, flexibility and ability to problem solve. We felt that she had our interests in mind at all times.

As mother of the bride, I marveled how Tara perfectly understood both my desire to make our brides dreams come true and how to relieve any stress I might have. She was the perfect coordinator. Fun, organized , available and extraordinarily focused on getting the best for us. We couldn’t have done it without her.

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Pat! I really cannot express how much I enjoyed working on this wedding with you, Molly, & Tommy! What a wonderful family. I was overjoyed to have helped you throughout the planning process.

Molly Davisson · Married on 10/05/2019

Ybarra Events

Tara and James were wonderful—
    Tara took my building blocks for a vision and brought it to life. Her coordination was exemplary from our first appointment until the rehearsal. Her execution on the day of was fabulous—we had some minor last minute blunders with vendors, and she and James were quick on their feet to address the concerns and make sure our guests (and I) didn’t even really notice. We are so appreciative of the memories she and James helped us create.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

I appreciate you Molly! Thank you so much. James and I were happy to be there for you and to fix wedding day hiccups! You looked so lovely! Tommy's a lucky guy!
  • Emily

Emily Summerlin · Married on 09/14/2019

Tara is amazing!

We got married in September 2019. Jumping into wedding planning with no previous experience was daunting to say the least, but Tara saved the day and made the whole experience manageable. We hired Tara in more of a consulting role until about 2 months before the wedding when she fully took over planning and coordination. She is very organized, professional and on top of things but also warm, friendly and a very fun person to work with, which is such a valuable combination! I had some specific visions of how I wanted the wedding to look and feel, and she was receptive and enthusiastic about my ideas while also guiding me in the right direction with all of her learnings and experiences with weddings in the past. The day of the wedding was a breeze and I was able to enjoy it fully due to Tara and James' help. I can't recommend them enough!

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Emily! I am so glad I was able to help steer you through the planning process. I enjoyed getting to know you over the year and help you on your wedding day. You looked absolutely stunning in your off-beat wedding dress!
  • Ixipixie

ixipixie · Married on 08/24/2019

Tara was an absolutely amazing day-of coordinator!

Hiring Tara was possibly the best decision I made during my wedding planning process! She was so quick to respond to any and all questions I had - she once called me while driving between two of her meetings just because she saw I had emailed her earlier that day. On my wedding day, she and her assistant were extremely helpful organizing all the other vendors, and so positive whenever I asked for their help. Everything turned out wonderfully - I never had to worry about a thing. So worth it!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Yixin! I really loved how your wedding day turned out. Everything from your flowers, to the cake, and your dress change! Everything was wonderful. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Lakshmi Alagappan · Married on 08/17/2019

Best decision we made outside of marrying each other!

I don't know how we would have planned our wedding without Tara. She is calm, organized, creative, and well connected in the wedding industry. Not only is she a pro at planning, she saved the day when our caterers showed up 3 hours late by filling in for things she didn't even need to do. Tara goes above and beyond to make your wedding the best possible experience and I miss her now that we don't have our regular check-in calls! Do yourself a favor and hire Tara -- she'll make the whole wedding planning process a breeze.

Sent on 02/01/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Lakshmi! I really miss our check-ins too! I was happy to be there for you and Nick on your wedding day. I'm so glad to have met you and look forward to grabbing coffee sometime!
  • Azure

Azure Beatrice · Married on 07/09/2019

Couldn't have done it without Tara (Ybarra Events)!

Tara was an amazing find! She is genuine, honest, organized and super responsive. I felt completely at ease handing off my wedding plan to her, knowing she would seamlessly take over all the details and execute our celebration. She went above and beyond with us, from answering emails and texts, to recommending great vendors, to expertly writing wedding signage and even picking up snacks for the bridal party. She even helped my mother and baby girl into their car when heading home, knowing my mother may need help with the car seat. Aaron and I knew we were in good hands with Tara and we would recommend her to anyone needing help planning their special day. Thanks so much Tara!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you so much Azure! I enjoyed planning your wedding with you! You were absolutely wonderful. Miss you already!

Chelsea · Married on 04/26/2019

Tara is excellent!

We hired Tara to assist with the day of our wedding but she was so extremely helpful beyond just our wedding day! We live out of state which made the whole wedding planning process a little more stressful but Tara was always readily available and had great communication with us the entire time to make sure we had everything set for the big day. She made our wedding flow so smoothly and always kept us updated through the night on our timing/what was going on next. Would highly highly recommend Tara!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea! It was lovely working your wedding day. It couldn't have been more beautiful. Congratulations!

Holly Benz · Married on 02/11/2019

Can I give 10 stars instead of 5?

I will preface this by saying, this is the first time I have ever reviewed anything on the internet. Ever. But if anyone deserves the praise, it is Tara Ybarra. We were serendipitously paired with Tara due to a complication with our previous wedding planning services. She was the best thing we never asked for. My husband and I were tasked with planning a wedding in Sonoma while living on the east coast; this while both juggling strenuous, demanding careers. I credit Tara for the reason we were able to pull off a seamless, stress-free, love and fun-filled wedding which was the best day of our lives thus far. Tara is organized, creative, genuine, and brilliant. She kept us on track in planning and made sure we took into account things about the wedding planning process I didn't even know existed. From "big picture" to minutiae, Tara thought of everything. By the end of the planning process I considered her to be not only my planner, but a friend, who I was very happy to have come to my wedding. Thank you, Tara! We miss you already!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Ybarra Events's reply:

Awe, thank you so much Holly! I feel honored to be your first internet review! I also feel so lucky to have met you and been able to help you plan your wedding. Serendipity at it's finest! I look forward to the next time our paths cross. Vacation anyone?

Lacey · Married on 11/11/2018

Superb Services

I'm not even sure where to begin. I initially found Tara and her team at a wedding expo in Northern California where I live, but thought, well, I won't be able to use her services because my wedding is in Southern California. But guess again, I explained my situation to Tara and she was more than willing to travel and even accommodate travel expenses to help meet my budget. We got married on November 11, 2018. We only asked for the day of plan (30 days out until day of) and I felt like she was with me the whole time. She was so responsive to any questions I had along the way and even helped me diffuse a crazy situation with my makeup artist. She was able to give me professional advice regarding what to do as well as maintained her professionalism the day of. She was on her game the whole time especially when we almost thought a Plan B was needed due the break out of the so cal fires. I cannot thank her enough for all the hard work she did to make our day super special and she worked her ass off to help set up the ceremony/reception area. I would very much recommend her services to anyone that needed them. She is a joy to work with!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Ybarra Events's reply:

Lacey, thank you so much. You were an amazingly beautiful bride, and so fun to plan with! I am honored I was able to help you with your wedding day!

kelsea · Married on 09/01/2018

Tara is amazing!

Tara is amazing! She is so kind and was helpful throughout the entire process. I didn’t have to worry about anything the day off as she took did it all going above and beyond. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsea! So happy for you and Alex! I feel lucky that I got to help plan your wedding! Congratulations!

Leslie · Married on 08/12/2018

If you're considering a wedding planner, book Tara and don't look back. You can trust her opinions and you can be rest-assured in her execution.

We hired Tara as our partial planner for our wedding in Sonoma in August 2018. Planning a wedding in CA from the East Coast can be daunting, but Tara was always able to make us feel at ease.

Here is why she is amazing:
    Professionalism: She carries herself with a warm passion for her work that inspires trust and confidence in her ability.
    Timeliness: She responds promptly to all communications.
    Effort: She consistently went above and beyond to fulfill our needs and requests no matter how complicated or trivial.
    Organization: She did not make a single mistake. All pre-planning was done on-time and correctly, and the wedding day went off without a hiccup.
    Connections: She has great relationships with some of the best vendors! It was a huge relief and in hindsight a big selling point for us. People are still telling us that we had the best venue, food and dessert of any wedding they have ever attended.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie! You're amazing!

Kyle · Married on 08/11/2018

Tara is stellar. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. She was there whenever we needed her and would not have been able to have the dream wedding we had without her. She made sure we were prepared and that our day went off so smoothly. Our number one piece of advice for a newly engaged couple will be to hire Tara for their wedding planner.
    -Joe and Kyle

Sent on 08/18/2018

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Joe and Kyle! I'm so lucky you picked me to be your planner. I loved being there for your wedding day and watching how in love you are! You're both so wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Daniel · Married on 06/23/2018

Tara was amazing. We wanted a less traditional wedding and that meant a lot of moving parts - and a lot of coordination. Tara handled the chaos, organized it, and made the wedding we wanted possible.

Tara made great recommendations all aspects of the weekend, from the flow of the events to vendors and helpers.

Tara also handled our flowers and much of our decor for us. It was beautiful and saved us a lot of money.

I am probably forgetting some of the things Tara did for us, because there were so many. Simply, Tara is amazing.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thank you Daniel! I loved helping you with your wedding. The day turned out perfectly! Congratulations to you and Alex! You're so wonderful together!
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 08/12/2017

I love Tara so much!
    My husband and I got married August 12, 2017. I hired her in December, I believe. I hired her as a full service wedding planner. I am so glad I picked Tara. She was there for me throughout the entire process. Whenever I had any question or changed my mind on different parts of the ceremony, she was always there.
    At the wedding, she brought her husband as her assistant. Our day would have not run smoothly without her!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Ybarra Events's reply:

Thanks Christa! I was so happy to get to know you and Ben throughout the planning process. You are such a fun couple! I'm lucky you picked me!

Skye · Married on 04/02/2017

Tara has been AMAZING so far! We have over a year before the wedding and already she has been such a comforting presence! I didn't think I would ever have a planner for my wedding and even though we have just gotten started I cannot imagine how I planned to do this on my own! My fiance is not much of a planner, so it has been so helpful to have someone who knows weddings to discuss this with, and I know that when my fiance meets her he will be so much more interested in the planning process! She makes it fun!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Danielle · Married on 06/24/2016

Tara and James were absolutely wonderful! They were professional, detail oriented, dedicated, and fun to be around! I would recommend Ybarra events to anyone.

I had a destination wedding in Yosemite and they were willing to make the journey out there. Throughout the planning process Tara answered all the questions I asked her in an extremely timely manner. The two weeks before the wedding Tara took over and organized the day with the venue and the vendors. The day of her and James worked together as a perfect team to ensure that both me and my now husband were stress free and enjoying the day. A little before our wedding there was a car accident and it blocked many of our guests from arriving on time. Tara and James informed the guests who were already there and made sure they comfortable during the wait. They helped to keep me and my husband calm about this. After the ceremony we got multiple compliments on how wonderful the potentially negative circumstances were handled. We also received many compliments about how Tara and James were in general throughout the day/night.

Thank you both for everything. You two helped make the day run smother than we thought possible and you were both really fun to be around. I wish I could say I'll hire you next time but I'm hoping for just one the wedding haha!

I would recommend Ybarra events to anyone looking to have a well organized and less stressful wedding :)

-Dani and Anthony

Sent on 07/26/2016

Amber · Married on 11/07/2015

Ybarra Events did an amazing job for our Napa Wedding. It was held at a private estate so parking was an issue. Tara and James made sure it wasn't...and words cannot express how thankful I am for their help!

Since I do live in Texas there were lots of exchanging of emails and she was so quick to respond...which was peace of mind to the bride!! :)
    They are such a wonderful couple to work with. Tara is so sweet and a pleasure to be around. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Tara and Ybarra Events are absolutely amazing! I hired Tara to be our day of coordinator after realizing all of the planning and details were too much for us to take on alone. Tara to the rescue! From the day we met to the end of our wedding Tara was there for us. On the day of our rehearsal, Tara helped organize the ceremony and made sure everyone was right where they needed to be. She also created a beautiful weekend timeline that we were able to share with all of our family. When it came to the day of the wedding I had no question Tara would execute our vision just the way we wanted. She checked on me throughout the day to make sure I was staying fed and hydrated! When I finally walked into the venue everything was absolutely perfect. There were so many little things that needed to get done and everything just so amazing. She came extremely prepared for anything unexpected that could have come up. The day ran so smoothly and I know that is because of Tara. I can't recommend her services enough! Thank you so much Tara!!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2015

Ybarra events did an amazing job with the coordination of my wedding! The months leading to the wedding, everything I didn't know to think of or plan for was brought up and dealt with with in time and amazingly. The day of coordination was absolutely flawless! Ybarra events set up and broke down and made sure everything ran smoothly without even my knowledge of any hiccups. What an amazing experience to have worked with them!!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Mary · Married on 10/22/2014

Tara is very professional with attention to details. Great working relationship, I felt like I have know her forever. She has made this special event in my life beautiful and I will be grateful for the fantastic memories. I reccommend her highly!

Sent on 10/31/2014