Wood Violet Events + Styling Reviews

Wood Violet Events + Styling 3
  • Emily

Emily Lauderdale · Married on 08/03/2019

Easy with Planning with Dominique

Working with Dominique made wedding planning a lot easier- especially for a couple planing a wedding in another state! She kept us on a reasonable timeline for planning, and she took care of the details, so we could focus on the big picture. She has a fun personality and is very well organized. We appreciated the attention to detail that she carried throughout our time working with her. Dominique's consistency and punctuality when we met with her were very much appreciated! She respected our time and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 07/09/2019

Elopement officiant

Dominique was the perfect officiant for our outdoor elopement. We had not met her beforehand, but she came highly reviewed from our photographer. She was prompt with all email communication, did an incredible job writing a personalized ceremony script for us, and embarked on a considerable hike to marry us at our outlook over Devils Lake. Dominique helped make our day feel both calm and meaningful, exactly the way we wanted it. We couldn't have chosen a better officiant!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Mikka · Married on 02/16/2019

Absolutely amazing, totally worth every penny!

Dominique was absolutely amazing as our day of coordinator for our wedding. Living in New York City and planning a wedding back in Wisconsin was not easy, but with all of Dominiques connections and amazing attitude, we felt completely stress free by the time the rehearsal dinner and finally the big day came around.
    We highly recommend Dominique for anything you may need for your big day, she can do it all and is just so much fun!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Molly · Married on 12/15/2018

Great to work with and made our big day perfect!

Dominique was absolutely amazing and so much fun to work with! She helped us stay on track with our planning and made suggestions for vendors when we were struggling to find what we were looking. She and her team helped set up day of and made sure everything went smoothly. We did not have to worry about a thing and were able to enjoy our day completely. We could not have pictured a more perfect day and Dominique helped us bring it all together!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Jenny Cortese

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2018

So much love for Wood Violet Events!

Hiring Dominique and her team at Wood Violet Events was the best decision we made! Dominique was absolutely amazing, caring, and can make any random assortment of ideas into something gorgeous. She kept on top of us and made sure we made decisions when we needed to and if we were having trouble figuring something out she always seemed to be able to find a solution. She was an absolute delight to work with and her management and planning skills are on point. From the moment we met her we felt like we had known her forever.

As a day-of-coordinator, Dominique was a rock star. We did not have to worry about anything other than getting married. She took care of the rest! She made sure we were eating, coordinated with all of the vendors, and made sure everything was on schedule.

We cannot say enough good things about Wood Violet Events and Dominique. She is amazing and she makes things beautiful. We are truly grateful to have had such an amazing team be a part of our wedding!

Jenny & Jason Cortese

Wood Violet Events + Styling 4
    Wood Violet Events + Styling 5
    Wood Violet Events + Styling 6
    Sent on 12/27/2018

Emily · Married on 07/22/2018

Dominique is amazing!!! If you are on the fence about hiring her- do it. Her services are worth every penny. She is extremely organized, helpful, and friendly. She will make sure everything is on track and that you haven't forgotten anything as you plan your wedding. She is great about communicating with all of your vendors to make sure they know the exact wedding timeline. Dominique and her amazing team will also make sure your rehearsal and wedding day go as smooth as possible. I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Katie · Married on 07/20/2018

If you are looking for a fantastic, professional, responsive, aesthetically gifted, and friendly coordinator, you should immediately book Wood Violet. From the very first interaction I had with them, the team at Wood Violet did a truly amazing job of turning my wedding vision into a reality, while helping me stay sane and on budget. Given that I was planning from a different state, their help was extremely valuable. I highly recommend this company.

Prior to the wedding, their team helped connect me to experienced vendors who had the same vision for our wedding as we did. The result was a set of wonderful vendors who gave us excellent food, drink, flowers, and music. Dominique and her team also recommended colors and decorations that matched our theme when we were at a loss, and she worked with the venue to make sure that all our decorations could work with their space. Their team also helped coordinate all the vendors prior to the wedding day, and kept a detailed calendar of dates to help keep us on track for wedding planning. Most importantly, they respected our vision and provided exactly the right support we needed at each step of the planning process.

On the day of the wedding, the Wood Violet team managed the event wonderfully. They were able to turn a barn into a work of art, helping with floral arrangements, table setup, and decoration placement. Throughout the event, they kept vendors on task and managed all the key pieces of the wedding, making it a day where I did not need to worry about anything (even where I left my sandals once my feet got tired). They took care of everything on the day, keeping us on time, and making sure everything ran smoothly (from speeches, to donut placement, to clean up and return of lawn games after).

Overall, Wood Violet pairs excellent task management with a uniquely beautiful aesthetic vision. Their team is responsible, organized, smart, and very experienced, I can't imagine a better team to work with

Sent on 07/31/2018

Saren · Married on 11/11/2017

I don't know where to start. It has been hard coming up with the words to express how unbelievably impressed I am with Dominique. She is absolutely amazing! Professional and fun, and so easy to work with. She was like a long time friend that I didn't know yet.
    Chris and I had a idea of what we wanted but no specifics, it was more of a feeling that we wanted to convey, and Dominique took that and brought it to life. We were so impressed with how beautiful and warm and perfect our reception was.
    Every detail was impeccable, I really could not have asked for anything more.
    She was willing to work with us long distance, understood and made the planning process so easy. All the stress was taken off me, because I knew Dominique had everything under control and every detail would be taken care of.
    We are still getting complements for it from our guests!
    I highly recommend Wood Violet Events + Styling to anyone looking for an event planner, you will be blown away by Dominique!
    Thank you for making our reception one of the happiest day of our lives.
    Best Wishes,
    The Spires
    11/11/17

Sent on 12/13/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/12/2015

We were completely overwhelmed with how AMAZING Dominique and Simple Elegance handled our wedding. She went above and beyond and provided things we didn't even expect. She helped connect us with vendors and get great prices. She sent check-in texts and words of support. She took feedback fantastically and was dedicated to making our day the vision we had created. As a type A, in control bride I had a hard time letting someone else put it all together on the day of. It went against my nature to ensure everything was just so. But I knew to enjoy our day it was so critical I did trust someone. Dominique didn't let me down. The vision I had for months came together seamlessly and she helped ease my stress with little quick check-ins. Her pricing is very reasonable and you get so much more than you pay for. A friend, a coach a confidant and an organizer. We couldn't have been more thrilled. Seriously, look no further, she is your planner.

Sent on 10/14/2015

kristy · Married on 05/24/2015

Dominique is amazing!! I hired her mostly as a Wedding Day coordinator ... but she helped me with so much more of my overall planning leading up to the big day. She did everything from helping me coordinate with good vendors to finding the right decor to fit my vision. When I was overwhelmed with wedding planning - she sat down with me to organize my plans, ideas, thoughts, budget, vendor issues and To Do List --- then took stuff off my list and handled them for me. She's crazy organized and incredibly helpful... especially when it comes to working with other wedding vendors, getting deals, etc. On the big day - I didn't have to worry about anything. I wasn't able to set up the Ceremony or Reception because I was getting ready. Dominique handled all of the set up and it turned out better and more beautiful than I imagined. She sent me pics of the setup so I could have peace of mind that it looked how I wanted it to look. There's nothing I would have changed .... it was gorgeous! She handled everything from set up to take down and everything in between. She made my wedding as stress free as possible!! I'd highly recommend Dominique... she is awesome!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Dominique Zube is a wedding goddess. She took care of all of the details so I could focus on enjoying my wedding day completely. She made the day as stress free as possible and went above and beyond. The best decision I ever made!

Sent on 11/03/2013
  • Cassidy

Cassidy Tierney · Married on 10/06/2018

Our wedding was perfect, and Wood Violet was a big reason why.

We hired Dominque (aka Wood Violet Events + Styling) as a day-of wedding coordinator, but she really was so much more than that. Over and over, Dominique went above and beyond to fix both little and big problems that arose before, during, and after our wedding. For example, the night before our wedding, we realized that what we had purchased to line the aisle during the ceremony wasn't going to work. Without hesitation, Dominique went out and bought options. Talk about commitment! The next day we walked down the aisle to a melange of rugs, and it was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined.

Furthermore, Dominique is a fantastic person to have on your team if you need someone with an eye for design. My wife and I felt confident with a lot of the logistical aspects of wedding planning, but we struggled to articulate our aesthetic vision for the day. Enter Dominique, who helped us transform our ideas into a wedding that looked and felt like "us."

Not only did we end up with an amazing wedding because of Dominique but also a new friend. I can't imagine anything better than that.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Kelly · Married on 08/19/2017

I loved working with Dominque. She helped me with vendor suggestions, tips & tricks for planning a wedding in under a year, and showed patience with my neurotic emails! I liked how "partial" wedding planning was flexible, getting the help just where I needed. You felt like she was thinking of you every step of the way to help make your wedding day amazing. And I had no worries about it all coming together at the end. Personally, she is a warm, fun and an overall rad person who will make the stress of planning a wedding so much easier!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Kathryn · Married on 07/29/2017

3.5

I loved working with Dominique as my day-of coordinator for my wedding! She's very easy to talk to and has great ideas! Dominique specializes in design for wedding planning. I really only needed day of coordination and she's happy to do that too! For a day-of coordinator she includes two meeting, rehearsal support, and 12 hours of day of coordination with an assistant. For an extra fee I also did tear-down services because our venue was a barn and we didn't want to have to clean up the next day :-)! This was totally worth it. Dominique made sure all details were handled and everything was perfect! She ran out to the store when we ran out of water! She also delivered the bridal and groomsmen party lunches which was great! My family loved her and felt like she was extremely reliable! Thanks to Dominique our night ran so smoothly!

Sent on 07/31/2017