39 Reviews for The Barns at Wolf Trap

Signature Drink (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
Outside Vendors (1)
Lighting/Sound (1)
Preferred Vendors Only (1)
Outside Cake (1)

We loved having our wedding at the Barns at Wolf Trap. Having booked a live band, once seeing this space, it was hard to top it. The stage and acoustics of the room were fantastic. The staff was very helpful and responsive. Having 2 spaces for cocktail hour and reception was so great and the outdoor courtyard area was great if you needed fresh air. Abundant free parking was also a plus!

With this venue, you have to have The Barns at Wolf Trap provide the alcohol. Although packages were pricey, and they provide a more limited beer selection, the service of the drinks was great and there was never a line for the bar.

This venue is fantastic, but they only have a limited amount of days available for weddings depending on the season because of concerts. We had to have our wedding on a Sunday due to limited availability. If this venue is of interest inquire about availability right away!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Krystina, 5/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I loved our wedding at the Barns at Wolf Trap. A beautiful mix of elegance and rustic charm, and very conveniently located. Because the Barns are already gorgeous, we found we really didn't need that many additional decorations at all. The venue did the work for us, and as a result our flower and decoration budget didn't need to be very high. Also, the staff was very friendly and communicative and answered even the silliest questions with had with patience and kindness. (Thank you Ginger and Jordann!)
Furthermore, they made a lot of things easy with their recommended vendors list which has a large variety of businesses in multiple budget ranges. Also, it is nice that they have their own bar, bar staff and liquor license; so, having an open bar there was not as expensive as other places I looked at in the area.
All in all, we were thrilled with the venue!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jackie, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Wolf Trap Barns was absolutely everything we had hoped for -- Kaitlyn Salizar rocked it!! The list of preferred vendors were also superior -- they all knew the venue and knew exactly what to do and what was needed. Just another one of the many reasons we continue to support the mission of Wolf Trap!1

Profile Picture Laurie, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The team at the Wolf Trap Foundation created an expertly executed event. My attendees all left saying how much they loved the location. It's a hidden gem! They are flexible and attentive! The parking is easy and close by. It happened to rain the evening of my event so it was nice to have the coat room right there. The optional outdoor area would have been great if the weather cooperated! I would recommend using them for any kind of event.

Profile Picture User6722192, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Barns at Wolf Trap was the perfect venue for our rustic southern spring wedding. We loved the meaning of the two barns being rebuilt and joined together, which we felt was a symbolic location for our wedding. We also love that we can come back for shows around our anniversary! Jackie and team at Wolf Trap are extremely professional and great to work with. They have a list of suggested vendors that know the venue and deliver exceptional services. All of the suggested vendors are top notch and made our search extremely easy. We chose almost all of our vendors from the provided list. Jackie communicated the guidelines for holding an event there clearly and we never felt like there were any unknowns or surprises. Jackie and the vendors worked well together and ensured that our event was flawless. If we could do it all over again, we would absolutely choose Wolf Trap. We loved every moment of our wedding there and highly recommend Jackie and her team at Wolf Trap.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/10/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, Outside Cake, Parking, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

I booked the Barns at Wolf Trap for my January wedding. We walked through the venue before booking, and the intern that gave us a tour was very knowledgeable and professional. The Barns is a gorgeous venue! The rustic nature of the wood allowed us to decorate very sparsely with candles and Christmas lights. The layout, with two adjoining barns, was great for having the ceremony, shuffling guests to the other barn for a cocktail hour, and then back into the main barn for the reception! There's also plenty of parking and the venue is super easy to get to.

After booking, we mostly communicated with Jackie, the rentals manager. She was very responsive to my questions, and extremely reassuring when we did our final walkthrough. I was stressed and worried about the logistics of the day of, but she took her time and walked us through the layout, setup, flip, and breakdown. Afterwards, I felt much calmer! It really helped that they have a recommended list of vendors that they work with frequently. Because Jackie was familiar with our caterer, the day of went extremely smoothly. I could not have been happier! Thank you Wolf Trap!

Profile Picture User5047821, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Specialty Beer

The Barns at Wolf Trap was the perfect venue for our wedding! Jackie was awesome to work with, and helped us with each step along the way - from figuring out the bar package, to explaining the holiday decorations - she was extremely responsive and proactive during the year leading up to the big day, and was there until the end of the wedding reception! The Barns was decorated beautifully during the holiday season, which made it perfect for a winter wonderland themed wedding - Would absolutely recommend Jackie and the Barns for a wedding reception or any other corporate event.

Profile Picture Anne Marie, 12/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware

This is an absolutely beautiful venue. We loved every moment of our wedding here. Jackie and her team were responsive and helpful with everything from timeline planning to recommending vendors. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6041739, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Barware, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Indoor

Jackie and her team at the Barns made our October wedding seamless, and an evening we will never forget. The Barns itself are beautiful, and Jackie is a pro. If you're looking for a cozy, rustic space for your wedding, the Barns is it, our guests were raving about it!

Profile Picture kristen, 10/11/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I just received my wedding photos and it reminded me of how happy I was to have my wedding ceremony and reception at the Barns at Wolf Trap. In looking for venues, I was looking for a site that would accommodate an average size guest list but would allow us to host both the ceremony and reception at the same location. More importantly, I was looking for a unique space that would be a colorful background for photos. The Barns at Wolf Trap accommodate both of those requests, and many, many, more! Jackie and her team were wonderful to work with! All of my questions were answered very quickly and always with a pleasant attitude. I'd be happy to host another event (thought this will be my only wedding!!) at Wolf Trap.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/10/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access

The Barns at Wolf Trap was a beautiful venue for our wedding last month. We used the English Barn for cocktail hour and the German barn for both our ceremony and reception. They also had an outdoor courtyard area, which was perfect to use for guests that wanted to enjoy their cocktails outside in the beautiful weather. We received a lot of compliments on how beautiful and unique the venue was. It's in a very convenient location for local guests as well as our out of town guests. Jackie was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was very responsive, professional and accommodating when it came to scheduling time for us to do a walk through as well as helping set up a time for us to do our ceremony rehearsal the day before our wedding. Emily was there on both our rehearsal day and wedding day to ensure that everything went smoothly for all of our vendors. She was a big help and made sure that everyone had what they needed. There are quite a few outdoor locations to take wedding photographs. We just received our photos back this week and they turned out beautifully. The Barns was a great location and we couldn't have been more happy with our choice. I would highly recommend this venue for an event or a wedding!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/19/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, Wheelchair Access

Wolf Trap was the perfect venue for our wedding! They even worked with my fiance to allow him to use the stage to do a secret performance for me! It was absolutely stunning and a great event! Our guests have been raving about how beautiful it was! I would highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Barns was awesome. It was a perfect venue for our wedding reception. The German barn was a perfect size for 160 people. It was really cool having the band on an actual stage and the sound quality was great. The light levels were perfect the whole night. The dance floor was just the right size. Not too big, not too small and totally packed the whole night. Having the two barns was actually a perfect set up. It allowed people to float back and forth between the bar & photo booth and the dance floor. The bar was awesome as it was the entire length of the long side of the room, so there was very little waiting for drinks. The outdoor courtyard was also a great feature for people who needed to catch some fresh air. The overall mood and vibe of the barns was perfect and just what we were looking for. They were super responsive with all of our questions and planning beforehand. The grounds outside the barns are perfect for photos, both in Wolftrap Park but also just outside the Barns venue. I highly recommend this venue for anybody around the DC/Vienna area. Couldn't ask for more.

Profile Picture User5105569, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was amazing! The English Barn is perfect for cocktails while the German Barn gives you enough room for the band and dance floor. There's even a courtyard bridging the two where people can take a breather. It was truly an amazing place for a wedding - I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture User4306669, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was helpful and kept the wedding very well organized.

Profile Picture User4904270, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wolf Trap was a perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. Everyone was just as courteous and professional
as they could be. Being the bride's mom from out of town, I had a lot of questions for the staff. They were simply wonderful and very patient. The Barns are beautiful! Our wedding guests kept commenting on how beautiful the setting was. My daughter's wedding was perfect!

Profile Picture Chris, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding reception on the Terrace Deck at Wolftrap in the two hours prior to a concert. The venue was wonderful. The list of preferred vendors provided by Wolftrap was incredibly helpful and everyone whom we hired off the list did a perfect job. Wolftrap provided our bar service as well and it was done incredibly well. We were incredibly pleased with all the aspects of our event at Wolftrap.

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was absolutely the perfect venue for my husband and me. Rosie, the woman who facilitates events at the barns, helped everything run very smoothly. The sound in the large barn was amazing. No one needed a microphone to be heard. This is a fantastic venue if you are looking for a rustic sort of feel. We loved it!

Profile Picture Montine, 3/23/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Barns is unique, beautiful, and very reasonably priced--you get a lot for your money. Rosie is helpful, professional, and kind. We truly enjoyed our experience here. Our guests were "wowed" at how gorgeous and "personal" this venue was--it is not a "cookie cutter" venue, it looks magical when it is fully set up. Our guests had a great time and Rosie made everything smooth, easy, and worry-free.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/1/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can't say enough about the positive experience we had at the Barns at Wolf Trap, working with Rosie. The facility is beautiful and clean and picturesque, with plenty of inside space- so no real need for a rain plan! There is ample free parking, and the grounds are lush and well taken care of. Rosie is the person who manages the events at the barns. She is wonderfully detail-oriented and very organized. She was very accommodating when we wanted to bring by family members to visit the venue at various points in our planning process. And she worked with us to find a time that we could have our rehearsal (around other previously-scheduled events) without extra rental charges. I can honestly say we thoroughly enjoyed working with Rosie, and our guests raved about the beauty of our venue.

Profile Picture Her's and Her's, 5/15/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a unique place to hold a reception check out the Barns at Wolftrap. It is truly a magnificent and unique place for the reception. The location is quaint and the barns are gorgeous. We got a lot of comments on how unique the place was. The staff was extremely responsive and helpful with how things can be setup for the reception. We could not ask for a better reception location and better people to work with.

Profile Picture Mike, 4/12/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Barns was the first and last venue that we saw in person; as soon as we went to take a tour we knew it was the venue for us. The space is beautiful and unique with exposed wood, you truly don't need a lot of decoration because the space speaks for itself! We had our gift and guest book tables set up in the lobby, used the English Barn for cocktail hour, and the German Barn for the reception. The English Barn has a built in bar, and had plenty of spaces for cocktail rounds and a photo booth. The German barn was beautiful with rounds and a long center table, had a stage where the DJ set up and a decent size dance floor. We had 130 guests, which fit comfortably with our layout. There's a heavy door that separates the German and English barns which was perfect because it allowed people (grandparents) who wanted a break from the dancing/party to have somewhere nice to sit and be able to talk. There's plenty of parking, an outdoor courtyard, and closet for guests to hang up their coats (it rained all day on our wedding day).

Kaitlyn was our contact and she was great! Very attentive and proactive, she answered all my questions quickly and I never felt like I was annoying her.

A few things to know: You have to use their bar service and one of their approved caterers. The catering thing ended up being very helpful because it gave me somewhere to start and the one we chose was very familiar with the venue. The bar service wasn't anymore expensive than anywhere else, and it included professional bartenders who made great drinks and prevented any issues like guests walking off with bottles of alcohol. Having your wedding on a Saturday would be really challenging, because they usually have shows/concerts that day. Key is be flexible! If you're open to getting married "out of season" or on another day (we got married on a Friday) it will make the booking process easier. The best part was, because we had our event on a Friday we got a discount!! Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Jane, 5/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We worked with Jackie at The Barns to book a date for our wedding. This venue is primarily a concert hall, and because of this, they do have limited availability but the acoustics are amazing. The inside of the Barns are a beautiful, weathered wood, and they will make your event look spectacular with very little other decor. Because we had a wedding in early spring, the fact that this is a completely enclosed indoor venue meant that we didn't have to worry about the weather! If having your rehearsal at your venue the night before your wedding is important to you, this might not be possible at this venue. They have a new Steinway piano that we used for our ceremony, and it really added a special touch to have live music. Jackie was very helpful, and very willing to send us information regarding their policies and the inventory of tables and other items available for us to use on our wedding day. They use a standard list of caterers, and you must purchase their bar package, but Jackie was very upfront about this. On our wedding day, Jackie was present to help our vendors with their deliveries and with our coordinator to make sure the event went off smoothly, and it did! Overall, we loved having our wedding at the Barns, and would highly recommend it to others!

Profile Picture Brigid, 3/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Barware, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Indoor

I can’t count the number of times our guests told us they loved the venue we chose for our wedding this past September. The Barns are just stunning and have so much character on their own, we barely needed to decorate. The layout is great, the price is affordable, Ginger & Jordann are super helpful, parking is easy, sliding barn doors and an enclosed courtyard make for great indoor/outdoor options if the weather is nice, I could go on and on. If you’re looking for a rustic vibe or just want a really great stage for your live band to jam out on, definitely look into The Barns at Wolf Trap!

Profile Picture Em, 9/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, Bridal Suite, Preferred Vendors Only, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Barware