WNC Weddings & Events Reviews

77 Reviews for WNC Weddings & Events

• Stacy

Stacy B. · Married on 07/09/2021

Simply The Best!!!!!!

I can't imagine how stressful planning my daughter's wedding during COVID 19 would have been if I had not chosen to work with Allison. She kept us on task with her reminders and was always informative with COVID 19 changes. She knew the state requirements and laws concerning the number of people we could have at our wedding before the media was informed. She was amazing during the planning and replanning after COVID 19 hit!

The day of the wedding she was in charge and handled everything with grace, kindness and such professionalism.

I am so very thankful we had Allison Taylor's help to provide the perfect wedding for my daughter!

• Mike

Mike H. · Married on 07/09/2021

When a Wedding Planner Becomes Your Friend

After being referred to Allison of WNC Events from Tracy of Betty's Creek, I called her up and immediately knew we clicked and she was the one to help us bring the full experience of our wedding weekend to life. We connected on personal levels of having shared hobbies and interests in our personal lives, and that helped to bring our vision to fruition. With smaller details and logistics, especially with us being in NY and her being local to our venue in NC, she was our eyes and ears and helped organize every step. She covered details we didn't think about and made it seamless. Also in the year of Covid (2020) she went with each and every change with grace which put us at ease. My wife and I at first were hesitant to even hire a coordinator as we are both in the industry and felt confident in planning, but we can't imagine our wedding weekend with out her and helping to make it truly the best day of my life. And even beyond the wedding day itself, we've stayed in touch sharing gratitude and even shirts from our local volunteer fire departments we belong to. You can't find that partnership in just any one, and what better moment in your life to find a great professional and friend than on the most important day of your life.

Andrea H. · Married on 05/22/2021

Allison was a lifesaver and really knows her stuff!

Allison did a fantastic job and helped our daughter work through a very upsetting yearlong wedding postponement due to COVID. Allison has a calm and reassuring personality and has amazing contacts in the Brevard area. We are big fans—and recommend her highly!!!

Sent on 07/12/2021

Alison S. · Married on 04/10/2021

Great experience!

Allison was fantastic to work with! She helped to provide us with a lot of guidance along the way and was always quick to respond. On the day of, she took such good charge during the day that I didn't have to think about a thing! She put out fires that I didn't even know existed. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/21/2021

Ellen W. · Married on 04/09/2021

AMAZING - 100% the right choice.

WNC Weddings was absolutely the right choice for our wedding. We worked with Allison prior to our wedding, and Kelley was our day of coordinator. They were both great to work with, communicating well, going above and beyond in their service, and made our special day absolutely perfect. Look no further for a wedding planner!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia C. · Married on 01/03/2021

Our wedding day was perfect!

Allison was so great to work with. She was the event coordinator to my now sister-in-law's wedding years ago so she was a no-brainer for our pick. She helped us stay on track during the planning process and she made sure our day went smoothly. Our wedding day was so relaxing and stress-free because she ran everything from getting ready to ceremony and to reception and working with all our vendors. I am absolutely happy she coordinated our event. She also helped us navigate through all the Covid obstacles so that is an A+++ on its own.

Sent on 01/31/2021

Amy K. · Married on 10/11/2020

Organized, flexible and extremely experienced

We were fortunate enough that Allison was available for us for my daughter's wedding. Due to Covid, wedding date change, venue change, a host of other unforseen events...Allison came on board about 5 weeks before the wedding. Whew! We could actually breathe! She is organized, professional, flexible, relatable and extremely experienced. We would not have been able to enjoy any of the wedding, had it not been for her overseeing. If you are having a wedding big or small, you absolutely need WNC Weddings and Events. It is a must to add to your wedding budget, in the end, you will not be sorry.

Katie K. · Married on 10/11/2020

Wedding Coordinator

Allison was absolutely amazing in every way! Could not recommend a better person to coordinate your special day! If you want a stress free experience look no further. As a bride planning a wedding during COVID, it came with a lot of changes and flexibility. When our original wedding plans fell through we had onlu little time to spare. In those short moments, we were able to meet Allison and right away she began making our plans a reality. I instantly felt so much relief. Not to mention she is very personable, approachable, and will make your big day everything and more you could hope for.

• Mallory

Mallory B. · Married on 09/19/2020

Incredible planner despite the many, many changes in plans.

Allison is truly exceptional. Her timeliness, professionalism, and guidance are invaluable, especially during an unprecedented time of planning a wedding. She was able to provide answers during every stage of our wedding planning process and made us aware of each and every change in restrictions for even having a gathering. Despite a pandemic, she made our day flow seamlessly and helped us reimagine our nearly 300 person wedding to an intimate ceremony for 35, which was perfect. Most importantly, she helped guide us from the beginning stages of planning and was always able to offer support and solutions throughout the process. Allison ensured that every person that was part of our day, whether a bridal party member or vendor was aware of where they needed to be but also that they enjoyed their day!

I would recommend Allison one thousand times over and hope that one day soon we can pass one another on a hiking trail in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains!

• Carrie

Carrie H. · Married on 08/15/2020

WNCWeddings and Events (Allison) was a Godsend!

I am SO grateful that we chose WNCWeddings and Events (Allison) as our wedding planner! Allison is very organized, professional, knowledgable, and personable. She always made me feel like we were a priority and helped us navigate through some very tricky situations (and at times emotions) due to Covid. I loved the way that she worked with us and all of our vendors. We had the most amazing, dream wedding for our daughter and it was in no small part due to the creativity and thoughtful planning with Allison. If there was any hiccup on the wedding day we were completely unaware. Thanks a million Allison! We HIGHLY recommend WNC Weddings and Events!

Sent on 08/29/2020
  • Alisha

Alisha H. · Married on 08/08/2020

Absolutely the best!

Allison was such a huge help during our wedding planning! The week after I got engaged in March 2019 I called her because I had no idea how to plan an out of town wedding! She helped me every step of the way and was always the best at communicating with me! Then, when COVID hit, she was able to help me turn a 150 person inside reception to an intimate outside ceremony with just bridal party and family. All of the stress of planning a wedding, then replanning a wedding, was made so much easier by hiring WNC Wedding and Events!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly S. · Married on 11/02/2019

Allison is the best!

We met Allison while she was setting up a wedding at the venue we ended up booking with... it was such an easy decision and she was so friendly from the very start. Her step-by-step vendor referrals and email check-ins were so helpful. Allison offered such wonderful guidance during the planning process that we never felt overwhelmed by the details. It was so refreshing to work with someone who was so responsive and great at communicating. Not only would Allison respond to my emails in an extremely timely fashion but she would also stay on top of any unanswered vendor responses. By the time we got to the wedding weekend Allison had our full trust and we was able to let go and enjoy our day to the fullest. Allison took care of everything and it could not have been smoother. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALLISON to anyone looking wedding planning and/or coordination!!

Thank You Allison! You're the best of the best : )

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Heldreth

Heldreth W. · Married on 09/21/2019

WNC weddings & events, Allison helped make my wedding day a dream!

Our dream wedding was in North Carolina and we live in AL. My biggest fear was struggling to plan while in another state. I found Allison and I could not have done it without her! She always answered any question that I had, any phone call I needed, communicated with vendors arrivals and plans, and helped prepare a timeline so everything during my day would go perfect and I wouldn't have to worry about a single thing. I honestly could not have done it without her. My wedding day was a dream thanks to you guys!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy M. · Married on 07/19/2019

WNC Weddings & Events - Excellent!!

Engaging Allison was the first and best decision we made!! If you want to relax and enjoy the wedding, engage Allison and you will be worry free! She is experienced and professional. Everything was well planned and executed. You can trust her vendor recommendations. Allison is a pleasure to work with and we are thankful for her leadership with our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Laura P. · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional, organized, and wonderful!

As with many brides, I hesitated at the beginning of the planning process with the decision about whether or not I needed a wedding planner. I was planning a destination wedding in western South Carolina and I live full time in Ohio. No review I could write would do Allison justice. She helped with vendor suggestions and detailed day of decision making. Every single email I sent was answered within days (but most of the time within hours) of when I sent it which helped me quickly make decisions to move on to the next thing. She kept me on track with monthly updates and I trusted her to make decisions that I didn't have the time or expertise to decide on. Our wedding day was perfect and I know that was in part because Allison was behind the scenes. Do not hesitate to hire Allison, she will be everything you need to make your day as perfect as mine was.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Sandy A. · Married on 06/08/2019

WOW! Do yourself a favor and hire Allison!

WOW! Allison is the best! Her recommendations and organization were spot on. She was always quick to respond while being practical and thoughtful. When it came time for the wedding weekend, I was totally relaxed because I knew she would handle it without my ever having to worry. Thank you Allison...you are amazing!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha L. · Married on 04/27/2019

Loved working with WNC Weddings

Our wedding was an out of town wedding so having someone that knew the area well was very important as I knew nothing about the area aside from the venue where my ceremony was held. They did a great job communicating with me and gave great venue ideas for my taste and budget. Our wedding was an absolute perfect day and a stress free day as well!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

WNC Weddings & Events's reply:

We are so happy that you were pleased with our services - thank you so much for the sweet review! It was a pleasure working with you!
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 11/10/2018

The Best Planner!!

Where to even start?! Allison was wonderful from the beginning. She had worked our venue before, and we immediately felt taken care of. From the day we hired her, she gave us a timeline and a list of recommended vendors--which is amazing, especially when planning from out of town! She was great at anticipating things that I had not considered at all. She was SO RESPONSIVE via e-mail!! I usually got an e-mail response the same day or the next day. She also was great at communicating with our other vendors in a professional, but effective manner. I felt like she was our voice, which was great as I was an anxious planner and didn't want to ever come off as a bridezilla to our vendors. On our wedding day, she was such an incredible support. She ensured that everything went smoothly from start to finish, but she was just quietly in the background getting it all done. The wedding day was such a whirlwind that having someone there simply to coordinate allowed for me to relax, as well as our mothers the day of. She also got every detail perfectly-she did a lot of set up prior to the wedding. My mother was hesitant to hire a planner, and after experiencing Allison, she cannot recommend it enough!! I could talk all day, BUT HIRE HER!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Annette · Married on 10/25/2018

WNC Weddings was Great!

Our wedding in NC was a destination wedding and we chose WNC Weddings to help us. Allison was always available and helpful as we weren't so familiar with the area and only had a chance to visit once. Her recommendations and insight were invaluable to us and our wedding was spectacular! Working with Allison took a lot of the "worry" out of the planning process which could,, at times, be very stressful.
    We highly recommend using WNC Weddings. Thanks, Allison!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/19/2018

Look no further: Here is YOUR Wedding Planner!!

Although we primarily sought out Allison to be our "Day Of" Coordinator, we ultimately engaged her services for much more. From the first moment we spoke on the phone, I knew that Allison's knowledge of all of the local resources would be invaluable throughout the planning process, as well as the excitingly hectic days prior to the wedding. Allison is the ultimate professional, and her organizational skills helped this Mother of the Bride from tearing out her hair!! I completely and unreservedly recommend Allison and WNC Weddings and Events to everyone planning a wedding in Western North Carolina!!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Kelly M. · Married on 10/14/2018

Best decision ever!!!

I cant say enough about Allison. She was fantastic. I loved that she was confident and relaxed through the whole process. I was relieved to have a professional handle all the details of our wedding. She remembered so many things that I had never thought about. I wish she lived closer so I could use her for more events. Best thing we did for our wedding!!!!! Thank you Allison...your awesome

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Camille

Camille B. · Married on 10/13/2018

Everything was handled Perfectly

Allison Taylor and her assistant "for the Day of" Jennifer DiLemme handled everything that I missed getting done and I was able to relax and enjoy our son's destination wedding day. Their attention to detail and knowing what to do made for a 100% beautiful successful event and the photographer was able to capture it all for future memories.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Nicole M. · Married on 10/07/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Hiring Allison with WNC Wedding and Events was the best decision I could have made. She was extremely responsive to emails and answering any little question I had. She made sound vendor recommendations and made sure that everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. It was so nice to know that she had everything completely taken care of so I could totally relax and enjoy being a bride. I will never be able to thank her enough for the incredible work she did to make our wedding the most amazing day ever!!!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/30/2018

Allison is amazing!

I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner to help with our wedding, because I thought I could just do it all myself since we had a small number of guests, but I am SO GLAD that I decided to hire Allison Taylor from WNC Weddings & Events! She helped with all of the things that there was no way I could have done without totally stressing out either myself or a friend/family member, such as contacting all of the vendors leading up to the wedding to make sure everyone is aware of the schedule/timeline and confirm what they’re supposed to be doing, and solving problems for us, like vendors disappearing from contact and a few other unexpected things! This made everything run smoothly and perfectly the day of the wedding so that there was ZERO stress for anyone involved. She also ensured that everything was done EXACTLY how we had envisioned on our wedding day, and even added some touches that I didn’t think of or forgot about to make everything look AMAZING! She helped me with vendor recommendations, making decisions, and was generally just so nice and fun to work with and made me feel relaxed and reassured. Thank you so much for helping to create the perfect wedding day for us, Allison!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2018

No regrets!

Decision fatigue is a very real thing while planning a wedding and at each step I found myself thinking "I hope I don't regret selecting this [insert vendor/decision/menu item]!" But I can tell you that there were ZERO REGRETS with WNC Weddings and Events. From the very first phone call I had with Allison, prior to any contracts or money being exchanged, she added value to my wedding day by asking practical and thoughtful questions. She was always quick to provide her recommendation when asked, while also reminding me that it's my decision and she will support it no matter what. When it came time for the wedding weekend Allison was always available, smiling, encouraging, and never in the way. We were able to relax and enjoy the moment knowing that if there were any potential issues (ie Who is available to transport gifts from the reception venue? Where did my drink go?) then Allison was handling it quickly and quietly. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 11/07/2018