Will Rogers Memorial Museum Reviews

6 | Claremore, OK

6 Reviews for Will Rogers Memorial Museum

Carla · Married on 12/30/2016

Very accommodating and exactly what we needed.

Sent on 01/06/2017
  • F

frieda · Married on 09/23/2017

This venue must be the best kept secret of Northeast Oklahoma! The staff at the museum, were extremely helpful. And Jacob at Will Rogers Birthplace was very accommodating and very insightful , from previous weddings to offer our daughter and her fiancée" a perfect sunset wedding. The view of the lake in the background set the tempo for our evening , of a very relaxed happy perfect evening . And a beautiful back drop for her wedding pictures. The privacy of the ranch makes you feel you as if you are at home and the facilities there are very clean and well managed. We had close to a hundred people, sit down dinner with dance, with dance floor, and I am certain you could entertain more guests. I spent 5 months looking , calling different venues for her wedding, THIS IS EXTREMELY REASONABLE!! You may have to put a little work into it ( I did not have a wedding planner) but we are all in agreement we would do it again in a heart beat! Thank You Tad, Jacob , and Will Rogers Staff, we have memories forever, Frieda James

Sent on 11/08/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

The staff at the museum were so amazing! They were more than willing to answer any questions and help you figure out placement for tables and any other items you need. It was really convenient that we got to use the gardens and the inside of the museum, so there was no need to find a separate venue for a reception. The gardens were absolutely gorgeous and pulled my whole night time wedding together!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

The location is perfect. I have been here a few times for different things.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Rick · Married on 10/03/2015

We held the wedding reception for our son's wedding at the Will Rogers Memorial. The venue was great. We put tables on the south patio with a string of lights over the top. The band was located on the east end next to the building which left a dance area just right for family and friends. Everyone in attendance had an amazing view of the city. The food was set up just inside the double doors which was also the area used for the couple's toast. Great time with family and friends, and lots of positive comments about the event and the location.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Chelene · Married on 10/01/2016

1.4
      1.0
      1.5
      3.5
      0.5
      0.5

This is a beautiful place to get married. However if you are looking for some place that is compassionate, truthful, understanding on your most important day of your life this is probably not the best place to choose. I spoke with the care taker Jacob 3 different time and each time he acted like it was the first time he had spoke with me. He never mentioned that he booked two events before our wedding on the day of our wedding. Every time I tried to explain that decorating for a wedding after 3 pm on the day of the wedding and pictures are at 5pm, he would blow me off stating that it's a museum that is open to the public and he couldn't have me out there decorating. Needless to say I worked my behind off and was sweating and dirty for the wedding pictures. But only to find out that he booked a birthday party from 12 to 3, that was still there when we got there after 3 to decorate. I would have been much more understanding if he would have been honest from the start instead of lying to me.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Will Rogers Memorial Museum's reply:

We are disappointed about this review, however, our policies are very clear on when set up can occur at our facility. Each party that rents confirms that they have read and understood our policies. We also communicated our set up procedures to this party several times. We are sorry about this situation, but we will work with all groups inside our policy structure.