56 Reviews for Whitney Events

Destination (2)
Non-Religious (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
56 Whitney Events Reviews

Christina was an excellent wedding planner! She was always very responsive, went above and beyond what she was responsible for, and very helpful and knowledgable. She was also very sweet and made us feel a lot better whenever the stress of planning was getting to us. We highly recommend her services for planning!

Profile Picture Nanditha, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina is organized, professional, and a ton of fun to work with. She handled all of my day- of coordination, attended site visits to the venue, provided advice on vendors, and designed and printed menus and a name board for us, both of which were stunning. She went above and beyond and was an absolute God-send during the entire process. She had planned my sister's wedding in 2014 and was just as wonderful as I remembered her being. I'd reccomend her to anyone and everyone for wedding planning and day- of coordination!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina and her team are great!

Profile Picture Meg, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I wanted to write this review to possibly help those of you about to get married as working with Christina and Whitney Events was an absolute pleasure. My wife and I basically turned our wedding over to Christina with about a month to go and were able to really enjoy that time while she handled all of the logistics. The wedding day itself went incredibly smoothly as she handled all of the various issues that presented themselves so we could truly enjoy our day. She is a real professional and ran the show from start to finish. We had some issues post wedding as well on the billing front and she didn't shy away from those either. Full service! To truly enjoy your wedding and the time leading up to it, make your lives easier and get Christina on board!

Profile Picture Chris, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cant describe how fortunate we were to find Christina Whitney to plan our wedding. We met with her at a Starbucks near our place, had a getting to know you conversation, and heard about what she and the rest of Whitney Events NY could offer. My now husband had aspirations to plan our wedding himself (since I was finishing my residency and wanted a much smaller event) that he was hesitant about hiring a planner at all. That lasted for exactly the length of our meeting. She was so professional and put together and had a personality that we knew would mesh amazingly with ours (as well as similar musical tastes). We walked out of the Starbucks, looked at each other and said "she's the one" and immediately turned back inside to hire her! From that day on Christina was so helpful and flexible, easily reached by phone, text or email. Our wedding wasn't held at a traditional hall and we had SIX locations on our wedding timeline! Due to Christina’s incredible knack for timing we made it to all our locations, were able to take all the pictures we we wanted, enjoy our cocktail hour and even eat at our reception, with time to spare! Christina’s experience with vendors, contracts and NY really helped us navigate all of the details and options, pros/cons without abandoning her sense of reality from experience and our budget. There was HUGE value in having someone knowledgeable in both the catering and wedding industry to ask questions, navigate and negotiate options, and plan for details we didn’t even know existed. All of the vendors she recommended to us were incredible, affordable and a true pleasure to work with. Our wedding day went off without a hitch an and there is no doubt in our minds this wouldn't have been possible without Christina!

Profile Picture Annie, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Christina is my new best friend!!! :))) Okay in all seriousness, she's the best planner anyone can ask for, in my own humble opinion. Initially, I was planning on hiring a Day Of Coordinator, but given that our wedding timeline was pretty short (we got engaged in December and wanted to get married only a few months later, in July), I figured it would be best to hire her as a partial planner. I would've definitely hired her as a full planner but since we already had the venue picked out and I had already bought my dress, a partial planner made more sense in this case. She didn't feel like a partial planner though, not at all. She felt like she was my own personal planner and best friend, as if she didn't have anyone else's wedding to plan but mine :) That's not true of course lol but that's how special she made me feel, like I was the most important bride. Christina is truly amazing. She is super professional, soooo organized and on top of things, and she made my life so much easier since I'm super organized myself and have OCD tendencies since I have different lists for everything in my life! Lol. I feel like we definitely complimented each other since we both communicated in list-form all the time :) which I can tell was heaven for both of us! Haha. I'm honestly so grateful to have found her. She always provided the best advice throughout the whole process and I always trusted her judgement. She has a very positive attitude, was always calm and collected, and always had a solution for everything. She even went along with all my quirky and wacky ideas for the wedding too! :) I really recommend hiring Whitney Events to plan your wedding as Christina and her assistant Jen are the absolute best!!!

Profile Picture Reham, 7/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Christina was a pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough! We hired her as a "day of coordinator," but her work exceeded far beyond "day of." From the moment we hired Christina, she was easily available via email and phone to answer any questions or concerns we had during the planning phase. She helped us select our rentals (and double-checked everything to make sure we ordered exactly what we needed!), came up with an extremely detailed day-of timeline, made sure we had our ideal floorplan, and coordinated all timing and logistics with our vendors as we approached our wedding.

Christina is always one step ahead and thinks of every little detail to ensure the day will run smoothly. She has so much patience and will go above and beyond to make sure you're happy. I honestly don't know how we would have managed without her!

Profile Picture Beth, 6/17/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We used Whitney Events to plan my daughter's wedding in May and could not be happier with this company! She is not only a lovely person, nut extremely well organized and knew how to take charge on the day of the event. Since I live in LA and the wedding was in Nyc, having a wedding planner was a necessity. What I didn't realize was how important the planner was on the day of the wedding. She absolutely allowed us all to relax and enjoy this most special day in all of our lives. We cannot think of one thing we would have done differently for the wedding. It was perfect, thanks to Whitney Events.

Profile Picture Diane, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Christina was *meant to be our wedding coordinator* -- after meeting with her knowing that she had done coordination at our venue before, it turned out that she was somehow mutual friends with my make-up artist, and I can't remember the other coincidence but you'll have to take my word for it. She went far above and beyond what I had anticipated she would do, and was super patient with me throughout. I loved her down-to-earth, calm and authoritative (but not authoritarian or bossy) demeanor and her dry sense of humor, especially given our wacky ideas -- all that she went with & totally backed us up on! The wedding really was beyond our expectations; we kind of thought it'd look the budget (which was probably not as flexible as many others who marry in NYC!) but thanks to Christina's killer instincts we just felt so at ease and it looked A-MAZING. (I just wish I could remember all it, they are not kidding when they tell you that it flies by and you don't get to eat. Because it did, and I didn't. Anyway.) THANK YOU CHRISTINA! We got married! We aren't deep in the hole! The place didn't burn down! I didn't fall! You are a rock star and you know we know what we're talking about

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

First things first, not to bury the lede: I’m pretty sure Christina Whitney saved us at least $20,000 - $30,000.

Backstory:

Turns out that planning a no-frills, minimalist wedding in Manhattan is as hard, or harder, than planning a traditional one!

We wanted our wedding to be a big loft cocktail party, with a 20-minute ceremony in the middle somewhere. Late night, no dinner, no cake, some snacks, little-to-no decorations, a full bar, great music, and a packed dance floor. That’s it.

When we were trying to plan it alone… we had trouble finding vendors, since they all wanted to make us have dinner/heavy appetizers/decorations/big floral arrangements/etc. And we were majorly hesitant to shell out $$$ on things we *didn’t even want.*

But we honestly almost bought into all of that, simply because we thought we’d wouldn’t find a different way.

However, enter Ms. Christina Whitney to (literally) save the day!

She was the first Planner we met, and instantly knew she “got” us. She was no-pressure, understood what we were after, and gave us some great ideas. We knew she wouldn’t try to force-fit us into the (often way too expensive) Industrial Wedding Complex mold.

She called up her *own friends* to do our charcuterie boards and floral arrangements, who jumped in for our plan and budget! Mixing friends and business is always risky, so we’re immensely grateful she went out on a limb for us.

At the last minute, we found out our DJ didn’t have a microphone set up for the ceremony and I nearly fainted at the thought of having to scream our vows over a crowd. I do not know how Christina fixed this, but darn-straight she got us a mic… and I didn’t faint.

Honestly, whether you have the big, traditional dream wedding, a picnic in the park, an elaborate brunch, or a big loft party like ours, Christina will pull it off. And she’ll do it on budget, calmly, firmly, & with attention.

Thank you so much, Christina! I'll miss you!

Profile Picture Alena, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina and Angelo were amazing! They were so helpful, organized, responsible and responsive. Angelo was with me the day of my wedding and he was ON POINT and SO amazingly helpful with everything. He reassured me everything was totally fine and was cool and calm through the wedding day chaos. TOTALLY LOVE HIM and would recommend him / Whitney Events 100x over! Hoping to have another big event so I could work with them again!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

One of the factors that differentiated Christina from other month-of planners was she reviewed all of our vendor contracts at the very beginning of the process. Not only did she end up saving us a lot of money by catching discrepancies between our catering and venue, but she and her team were totally aware of where we stood and could make pointed suggestions to fill our remaining gaps. They didn't just show up a month out and say...ok debrief me...like I'd seen with many of my friends who hired month-of planners. We also hugely appreciated that she attended our venue walkthrough and florist meeting which were earlier in the summer so she/the team were on the same page as us. Again, all of our vendors commented how on top of the details and responsive Christina was. Huge thanks from my husband and I.

Profile Picture Allie, 9/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Don't even think twice about booking Christina. She's amazing, organized and very professional. I'm sooo glad I hired a wedding planner ( I did the partial planning package). I thought I was going to be a bridezilla throughout the process of planning my wedding, but I ended up being calm and carefree. I would highly recommend booking Whitney events and I believe I found her via wedding wire, so I'm paying it forward to the next bride by writing this review. ;) Just do yourself a favor by spending a little extra money on a planner. I know so many people who were always saying "I can't wait until it's over" kind of feelings in terms of planning. I NEVER felt that way. I fully enjoyed the process and Christina definitely was a great person to steer me in the right direction.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Partial Planning

I have found Whitney events on this website and I'm absolutely happy that Christina was our wedding planner. We planned our wedding long distance from Kazakhstan. So it wasn't so easy because of the time difference and language. But Christina is absolutely amazing and very professional. We felt very confident in her services and absolutely had no stress. So our wedding day went through smoothly. I can say that I had my dream wedding! If you want your dream wedding comes true, I highly recommend Christina and Whitney Events for wedding planning services.

Profile Picture Rinata, 9/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina is a great wedding coordinator. We had a blast working with her (and also her assistant) to make sure our wedding day was perfect. And guess what? It was wonderful!!! Memorable!!!! Our wedding party also loved her as much as we did. She is very professional, friendly, organized and have creative ideas to make your wedding day even more special. We definitely recommend Whitney Events! Thank you so much, Christina. You're the best! (From your grooms Mr. Kleber & Mr. Serge).

Profile Picture Kleber, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina is absolutely amazing. I planned my wedding long distance (from Boston) and I could not have done it without her help.

First of all, her personality and can do attitude is contagious and makes every wedding planning "hiccup" seem like nothing. I loved her meticulousness and organization- which allowed me to focus on finishing studying for my board exam while knowing that the planning was getting taken care of. She was super understanding of my time constraints given my crazy work schedule.

She helped us plan the most amazing wedding. From advice about the decor, lighting, flowers, she was candid and offered much needed advice. She has vendors that she recommends because of her experience with them, but is not pushy to try to get you to sign a contract w them.

I owe her my sanity for everything that she did during the week of the wedding. She coordinated all of the vendors the few days before the weeding. The schedule she created (and dispersed to everyone) allowed us to relax and enjoy the wedding and not worry about timelines and organization. I felt incredibly confident in her services.

I would book her again, and again. She is fantastic. Do not hesitate.

Profile Picture Agnes, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina did so much for my daughter and all of us the day of the wedding. She took away our stress and anxieties by coordinating everyone and everything and making sure all were where they were supposed to be at the time they were supposed to be. Between the engagement party, prepping for the Wedding and then the big day she was a tremendous help. We couldn't have done it without her and we truly appreciate her hard work.

Profile Picture User7217365, 2+ years ago, 14 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Christina was our full time planner and so she helped us throughout the entire wedding planning process. We were not the easiest of customers so the fact that she was able to juggle both of us says a lot. She helped us execute our ideas and she had some really great ideas herself that we ended up using. She is top notch when it comes to finalizing the day of details and coordinating all of the vendors etc. I can easily say that the day would not have gone nearly as smoothly had she not been there. We are so grateful to have found her.

Profile Picture User7217927, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Christina one month before our wedding, and it was the best decision we could have ever made. She is extremely organized and made sure we had everything in order prior to our wedding, asking thoughtful questions (many of which we didn't even think about prior to her asking), and following up appropriately with all of our vendors. She was also a lifesaver 10 times over on the day of. There were a lot of nuances with our wedding, given that I'm Korean and my husband is Chinese, and we also had a lot of last minute guest cancellations and additions (which is pretty common in Asian weddings). Christina and her assistant took care of everything (which was a lot given my 280+ person wedding) seamlessly while I peacefully enjoyed my big day. My husband and I can't thank her and her team enough. The day would not have turned out the way it did (perfectly) without her. She is truly invaluable!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Cultural, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Hiring Christina as our wedding planner was a great decision! Christina is an amazing wedding planner and a total pro; she was friendly, thorough, organized, flexible and patient. Several of our guests told us how impressed they were with the job she did, and our wedding ended up being a huge success largely as a result of her efforts.

Profile Picture Joshua, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

I worked with Christina on save the dates and invitations, and she was fantastic! She came to my apartment with huge books filled with invitations. I actually wanted one that I saw on a website, and she was able to acquire it and show me a sample in person before I decided. I absolutely love the way my invitations came out, and she was so helpful and responsive through the entire process. I highly recommend her for all paper needs!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 12/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina was our day of wedding planner, but she helped us with so much more than that! Our wedding venue was a raw space, so we had to bring everything in ourselves - from the caterer to flowers to linens etc. Christina's background is as a chef, so she definitely knows what she's talking about in that department; she helped us to find the right caterers for us and became the liaison for us from the moment we signed our contract until the day of. Months later, when the caterer needed to do a walk through of the venue with us, Christina joined us. And she offered to come to a meeting with my florist too. I can't imagine any other day of planner being so hands on with a couple as Christina was. I'm not saying she planned the wedding for us (because that's definitely not what we wanted as we had many DIY plans), but when we were at a loss as how to proceed or just needed a sounding board to bounce ideas off of, Christina was always available via email or text.

Two weeks before the event, Christina became the go to person for all the vendors so that I could worry about other last minute details. On the day of, Christina arrived and took the reins of everything - from putting out all our DIY decorations to making sure all our vendors received their payment to making sure they knew where to go. We had a minor issue with the venue not approving the seating chart we had come up with with the caterer, but after a few minutes of discussion with me, Christina went and handled the whole situation. I consider myself a pretty calm and well prepared person, but even the most stoic bride can get flustered on the day of - there is so much happening! Christina took a huge burden off my shoulders, starting the moment she arrived, throughout the event and even at the end when she gathered up all our things.

I highly recommend hiring a planner! I was on the fence about it, but 100% no regrets! And of course, that said - Hire Christina! She's the best!

Profile Picture Kate, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

If you are busy still searching for a wedding planner, save yourself the extra headache and wasted time of looking any further and call Christina immediately. Her dedication and professionalism in making everything perfect (both leading up to and during the big day), is a service that you can 100% count on, trust, and be grateful for even well after the day you get hitched. In general, a wedding planner's service is an invaluable role to any busy couple's lives, Christina's service went even further above-and-beyond that, exceeding our expectations and consistently delivering what felt like a catered, white glove service that we truly appreciate.

Profile Picture Daniel, 11/7/15, 1 Review