Events at Wild Goose Farm Reviews

Events at Wild Goose Farm 3
Events at Wild Goose Farm 4
Events at Wild Goose Farm 5

Jay Gregory · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect spot for a DIY wedding

We recently hosted our 170 person wedding in early November at Wild Goose, and found it to be a perfect venue for a DIY style wedding. First of all, there are so many picturesque places on the property for the actual ceremony, it was hard to choose. Secondly, the barn is gorgeous and practically stands on its own without much additional decorations - providing a great rain backup. Having access to the venue most of the day Friday and all day Saturday really gave us enough time to make the space our own and set up exactly how we wanted. Because our wedding was large and the weather was chilly, we rented a heated tent and stood it up right next to the barn doors to create more space for guests and caterers. On Sunday we were able to host a brunch back and the barn and clean up. The ability to buy our own alcohol (you still need to have legal bartenders) saved us a lot of money. Also, they have a great list of caterers and rental companies that can help with providing everything you need. And lastly, the caretaker is so wonderful to work with - both before and during the event, he is warm, inviting, communicative, and responsive. Having him there to answer questions and help out with the space really helped make the weekend easier. He was even able to make friends with some of the guests. It's really a great venue - not too far from DC / Dulles, a very fair price, beautiful, in a great small town. We would definitely get married there again (though hopefully won't have to).

Events at Wild Goose Farm 6
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 7
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 8
    Sent on 12/09/2019

Laura Lindsay · Married on 09/28/2019

Easy and stress free

We (and our guests) can’t say enough great things about this venue. The setting was beautiful and well maintained and Carolyn and Anthony were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were both very responsive and flexible which helped make a stressful time much more enjoyable! You also can’t beat the price. Because we had it for the entire weekend, we were able to have the rehearsal dinner there and didn’t have to worry about clean up the night after the wedding. We were able to fully enjoy the entire night and had plenty of time to clean up the next day! If you are looking for a beautiful venue for a great price, we highly recommend wild goose farm!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Jeni Walker · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect spot for a WV wedding

Wild Goose Farm was an amazing venue for our July wedding. Everything was highly organized and the property was perfect for our style event, we were able to use multiple areas of the indoor and outdoor space to accommodate our large group. Everyone had a great time and commented on how beautiful the venue was! Thank you for helping to make our day so special!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 9
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 10
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 11
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 12
    Sent on 11/03/2019

Taylor Thomas · Married on 07/20/2019

Outstanding!!

Wild Goose Farms was the most outstanding venue! The farm is gorgeous and well maintained, added bonus it has air conditioning! Anthony was so wonderful to work with and made the experience even better than we could imagine. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding!!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 13
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 14
    Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Sheri

Sheri Kutchey · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing DIY Venue

What a beautiful, wonderful wedding venue. My daughter's wedding was June 1, 2019 and she is a very simple person. Her only must haves were a barn and a pond. Wild Goose was the perfect fit. Anthony, the caretaker, was so wonderful and easy to work with. Since you rent it Friday - Sunday, it was so nice to setup on Friday, hold the rehearsal and dinner there, then go back and get ready for the big day Saturday morning. We shut down Saturday night and then went back on Sunday and cleaned up. It was a perfect weekend! Nothing but wonderful things to say about Wild Goose Farm. Loved it all!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 15
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 16
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 17
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 18
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 19
    Sent on 06/12/2019

Kaylee Baker · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing Venue

When I first walked on the property of Wild Goose Farms, I knew that this was where I was getting married. There are so many spots to choose from for the ceremony. We were married in the courtyard, and it was BEAUTIFUL! The property has so many places for pictures, and the inside of the barn takes your breath away. The owners of Wild Goose Farm are very accommodating and sweet to work with! Anthony, the groundskeeper, is SO SO helpful! He is an amazing person to work with, and he will do anything to help you with everything you need. He made the whole wedding so much easier. We couldn’t have asked for a better, fairytale wedding. 💕

Sent on 06/17/2019

Erika Benner · Married on 05/18/2019

Love! Love! Love!

This venue is for any bride to be! It is an amazingly beautiful venue with so much history! The owners are amazing to work will and will do anything to help out their clients. The care taker of the land is amazing as well. He will help you will any questions you need as well as help give ideas on what would look nice to make your day more special! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 04/01/2019

One of a kind!

Wild Goose Farm is so beautiful and is the perfect wedding venue! Carolyn is so sweet and accommodating and allowing the use of the property for 3 days is a huge blessing. Anthony is wonderful and always available to assist, answer questions and will ensure you have a great time. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for our special day! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Alice

Alice · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing venue!

Absolutely beautiful! We had so many compliments! Having the venue Friday through Sunday was amazing and Anthony and Carolyn are super responsive and helpful! I wish I could do it all over again at this beautiful barn! Our pictures turned out amazing and we are so thankful we chose this venue

Events at Wild Goose Farm 20
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 21
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 22
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 23
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 24
    Sent on 12/13/2018

Janice Finsterwald · Married on 12/01/2018

Incredible experience!

I loved that it was DIY. We had plenty of time to decorate. Our guests raved about the venue. It rained the day of the wedding but the photos still turned out wonderful and the barn was heated to a nice cozy temperature. Carolyn and Tony were wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend the venue!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/24/2018

Beautiful Venue

Wild Goose Farms was the perfect venue for our wedding! The owner, Carolyn, was very responsive and helped us coordinate everything leading up to the weekend! The onsite groundskeeper, Anthony, was so helpful from the moment we arrived on Friday afternoon to the time we left on Sunday. He helped us accommodate last minute changes due to the rain and was there to jump in with extra materials we needed last minute. The barn is beautiful with the lights and the venue provided us with amazing pictures. We loved everything about Wild Goose Farm and our weekend there!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Nakia

Nakia · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful venue!

I fell in love with Wild Goose Farm immediately after our tour! The new renovations are absolutely beautiful and the HVAC system is a plus! The owner, Carolyn, was helpful from the beginning. She was very responsive to emails and answered any and all questions. The ability to have a venue from Friday-Sunday relieves the stress of setting up and breaking down. Anthony, the groundskeeper was amazing through out the process! The bridal party and the guests loved him! We had planned on an outdoor wedding but rain the night before put a damper on things. Anthony was accommodating to quickly set up the ceremony indoors. (If you do get rained out, don’t worry. We had enough space to seat everyone and it actually turned out better than I had imagined for someone who had their heart set on an outdoor ceremony) I cannot even begin to explain how beautiful this venue is. Whether you get married indoors or outside, there are plenty of options for ceremony site. The sky is the limit with this property! I couldn’t imagine my wedding being anywhere else!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 25
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 30
    Sent on 03/04/2019

Shelby Pendergraft · Married on 10/20/2018

Outstanding

This venue is simply breath taking, filled with so much history, ghosts and of course love. Anthony is excellent at giving tours, telling stories, directing vendors, making you laugh and smile for pictures and gives the best hugs! I am so glad Anthony popped in for some fun and my whole family and guests loved him (&his horses) so much! All the updates to the venue are stunning and I’m so glad the restrooms and bridal suite were done in time for my big day just like Carolyn promised! Please have your special day here you will not regret it and will have a beautiful scenery for pictures and memories will last a life time. Also having the venue for 3 days with the option to add an additional day is truly a life saver when planning an event like this. Decreases stress and makes the setting up, celebrating and cleaning up less rushed.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Hannah Mehaffie · Married on 10/06/2018

phenomenal experience

We couldn't of asked for a better experience at Wild Goose Farm! They truly helped our big day be a dream come true. The venue is beyond beautiful and has an amazing history!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 31
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 32
    Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Venue!

My husband and I got married at Wild Goose Farm in September and we could not have hoped for a better venue. Carolyn was super helpful answering questions and keeping us informed through their renovation process. Our wedding would not have gone so smoothly without all of Anthony's help. He really went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed for our day. The farm itself is incredibly beautiful and our guests enjoyed exploring the grounds. Great for photos! We loved having so many options for indoor/outdoor activities. Highly recommend!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 33
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 34
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 35
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 36
    Sent on 01/06/2019

Cara · Married on 07/28/2018

Wild Goose Farm was the perfect venue for our DIY wedding!! The ample set-up time allowed us to incorporate so many personal and handmade details into our big day...even our husky-lab pup joined the festivities!

All the small details reflected the personality and fun of my husband's and my relationship, and we were able to run the day how we wanted. Our guests raved about the beauty of the venue, and the renovations were convenient, classy, and picturesque (plus the new AC was a MAJOR plus, a deal maker for a late July wedding like ours).

The grounds and barn were gorgeous, Anthony was so helpful treating the grass so I (a mosquito magnet) didn't get eaten alive, and the amenity to cost ratio was incredible. The only downside was that there were so many places to take amazing pictures, we didn't get to them all.

Events at Wild Goose Farm 37
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 45
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 46
    Sent on 09/26/2018

Dee · Married on 07/21/2018

Although it rainined all day and it forced us inside, we still had a beautiful wedding. Anthony was great and like one of the family. It wa so nice to be able to get in the day before and the day after so you could actually enjoy the wedding day.

Events at Wild Goose Farm 47
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 55
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 56
    Sent on 08/15/2018

Dee · Married on 07/21/2018

I couldn't have asked for a better place !!! Or better Owners/staff !!! The scenery is beautiful and the recent renovations really add an outstanding flare! Loved Wild Goose Farm !!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Ellie · Married on 06/23/2018

I fell in love with Wild Goose Farm the first time I went there. Deciding on the perfect venue was important to me and I’m so glad I decided to have my wedding there. Carolyn and Jay were very professional and would respond back to my emails ASAP, I would have been lost without them during my wedding planning. Anthony is the caretaker at Wild Goose Farm, and he is absolutely amazing! Everyone at my wedding loved him too, he is a wonderful person. My wedding was everything I ever imagined and I would highly recommend WGF.

Events at Wild Goose Farm 57
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 58
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 59
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 60
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 61
    Sent on 07/01/2018

Erin · Married on 06/07/2018

We searched high and low before I stumbled across Wild Goose Farm. Most venues didn't seem to offer enough time for everything, but with Wild Goose Farm, they offered three complete days. Not to mention, the venue is breathtaking. As soon as we went to visit, we knew it was our place. We couldn't picture it anywhere else. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was. Carolyn and Anthony were a completely joy to work with and were so understanding and accommodating. Look no further, this is your venue. It's the perfect place to get married!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 62
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 63
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 64
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 65
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 66
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 67
    Sent on 07/03/2018

Kim · Married on 05/26/2018

Our day was AMAZING, Carolyn was extremely helpful through email & phone calls and Anthony who works on site WAS just simply AMAZING and helped with ANYTHING we needed every one who met him the day of the wedding just loved him.

We are so thankful we chose WGF for our special day.

Events at Wild Goose Farm 68
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 69
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 70
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 71
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 72
    Sent on 07/31/2018

Kellie · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I were married at Wild Goose Farm on October 28 2017. The venue is truly beautiful. Our wedding was so much better than anything I could have imaged. We were fortunate enough to enjoy one of the last warm fall days. We had our ceremony outside, facing the pond and our reception in the barn. There are so many options to choose from with this venue. I highly recommend Wild Goose Farm for anyone looking for a venue with rustic charm! Carolyn is a wonderful owner, despite being in California, she is very involved and helpful. Anthony is awesome too! He was more than willing to go out of his way to help with anything we needed or answer any questions we had leading up to the big day. Our guests as well as vendors raved about this venue with its natural beauty and historic feel. My husband and I are already planning to return to the venue in the future for anniversary photos!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 73
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 74
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 75
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 76
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 77
    Sent on 11/06/2017

Cassie · Married on 10/21/2017

We had our wedding at WGF on October 21st and it was all I have ever dreamed of and more. Carolyn is a fantastic owner and Anthony is great on the ground helping with questions and doing whatever we needed. I cant say enough good about this venue, I highly recommend it!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 78
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 79
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 80
    Sent on 11/03/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/07/2017

Our wedding at WGF was October 7th, 2017. We can not rave enough about this venue and the people that helped make our day extra special! Both Carolyn and Anthony went above and beyond by accommodating every little request we had, making the wedding planning much easier for us! Everything about this venue was amazing, from the drive up the long, tree-lined driveway, to the gorgeous ballroom in the mansion, the beautiful ceremony by the pond, and the reception in the spacious barn! We were fortunate enough to have gorgeous weather on the day of our wedding, but honestly, had the weather not been perfect, this was a great venue for a 'plan B' ceremony. The barn is large enough to accommodate all guests comfortably, leaving plenty of space to dance! Our only wish that was not fulfilled what that we weren't allowed to stay permanently haha :) If we could do it all over again, we would! I highly recommend having your special day at the WGF, there's just no other venue that has customer service like this one, believe me, I would know since I looked at 20+ venues before choosing this one.

Events at Wild Goose Farm 81
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 82
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 83
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 84
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 85
    Events at Wild Goose Farm 86
    Sent on 11/06/2017

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Everything was absolutely wonderful!! We all had a great time and Anthony, as always, was a major help during the wedding preparations! Thank you for everything! I definitely recommend this venue!

Events at Wild Goose Farm 87