Westgate Hotel Reviews

Westgate Hotel 5
Westgate Hotel 6
Westgate Hotel 7

Laurie · Married on 04/21/2013

The assistance provided by Anna before the wedding as we were making plans and on the wedding day was extraordinary and extremely helpful. We had looked at many venues, and after meeting Anna and feeling assured of her expertise and attention to detail, and her explanation of how the Westgate could meet our needs (from hotel rooms for the guests to financial costs), to parking service, to brunch after the wedding, to bride/groom dressing room, to coordinating that the area outside of the Versailles ballroom was set up for guests on time, to accommodating our wedding timelines, to photo taking arrangements, my daughter (the bride) and I decided to have the wedding at this venue. And my daughter and my whole family felt everything went perfectly (and how many people can say that about a wedding?). We were treated with great care on the day of the wedding. The rooms for the wedding party to dress were great and the food service was quick and set up beautifully. Anna was able to calm our nerves, , and arrange the set up of the ballroom perfectly, organize the seating for the ceremony, and review the plans so everyone knew what to do. Her expertise and advice was excellent. I particularly remember that as the wedding party gathered before walking down the aisle, Anna was calming the groomsmen nerves and "suggesting or reminding them" of the proper line up, and I was so thankful. Best of all, my daughter, who is very particular, trusted Anna and felt that her wedding was perfect. Our guests also commented how wonderful the wedding was, and how beautiful the hotel is. We also felt very special with the treatment after the wedding. The Westgate Hotel is not only a special memory, but we are now "fans" and have visited for the music in the bar, eating at the restaurant, enjoying high tea, planning to go to brunch, and have selected dates to stay at the hotel in the future for special events. Thank you again, Anna!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Cassandra · Married on 04/21/2013

The Westgate was my dream wedding. Anna Geiss-Travis was extremely accommodating and caring. She made my ceremony wedding planning very easy. I was very happy with the Westgate and pricing. We had our wedding in the fabulous ballroom. There was a large bridal room and a fancy groomsmen room. And they offered our family and out of town guests a great price for the rooms. On top of everything, we loved their food! All of the bridesmaids loved the lunch we ordered during the day, it was very fresh, tasty, and beautiful.
    Thank you, Westgate, for giving me a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Joyce · Married on 02/16/2013

Every aspect of our wedding at the Westgate Hotel was phenomenal. From the few days prior to the close of the reception, we could not have asked for a better overall experience. The staff in every facet was exceptional, the public and private rooms were pristine and perfectly maintained, and the food during the reception was great (180 guests). As the couple we had a great time and are continuously receiving positive feedback from our guests about their experiences. Separately, Anna did a fantastic job in delivering the event that we envisioned. She put forth every bit of extra effort to ensure that everything went smooth. Anna was also very easy to work with, which we greatly appreciated.

Sent on 03/05/2013

The Westgate Hotel and all their staff exceeded our expectations! We held our wedding ceremony, reception, and private day-after brunch at this hotel. Our 120 guests all loved their hotel rooms, the service, and the great location. Anna Geiss-Travis, Catering Sales Manager, provided endless assistance to us throughout the planning process and is an expert at event planning! She recommended nearly all the vendors that we hired and they were all great- no issues. We have seen a preview of our wedding photos and they are gorgeous since The Westgate is the backdrop! We wouldn't have changed a thing and highly recommend this venue for you special occasion.

Sent on 01/17/2013
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 09/29/2012

Our wedding at the Westgate was something out of a fairytale. Everything turned out beautifully and we could not have asked for a more perfect day, or a more wonderful venue! Our guests are still raving about the food and how beautiful everything was. I can't thank Anna enough for all of her help over the past year of planning. She was always super flexible and really let us customize everything to make it personal to us. I really appreciated that she was always up front about pricing and that there were no last minute hidden fees, it made everything so much easier when planning our budget! But most of all she was SO much fun to work with! She really made the whole process so much fun and we will miss working with her. If we could do it all over, we would not have changed a thing.
    Thank you so much again!!!
    -James and Mandy

Sent on 10/19/2012

edita · Married on 09/22/2012

My wedding was AMAZING, because of the efforts of the great team of Westgate. Anna Geiss-Travis is such a pleasure to work with, she made me feel so easy and taken care of with her amiable and amicable countenance, responsiveness and assistance... Throughout the entire process I felt I was in the best hands. The entire hotel team was so accommodating... Thank you so much, guys!!!!
    Gratefully,
    Edita :)))))

Sent on 10/16/2012

Robert · Married on 09/15/2012

Anna and the Westgate hotel were amazing during the entire wedding process and our big day, I can't rave enough about the unbelievable service my wife and I got and would recommend the Westgate (especially Anna) to anyone looking for a beautiful hotel with friendly, accommodating service for their wedding day.

Our wedding was more beautiful then I could have imagined and the hotel made sure of it, the food was amazing (guest couldn't stop talking about it) which is rare for weddings and Anna did everything she could to make sure everything was perfect! She was extremely flexible throughout the process and always there to help guide us and made herself available late nights if we needed it. If you want a romantic wedding with top notch service, I would recommend the Westgate hotel above all others!

Rob

Sent on 10/31/2012

The way the westgate decorated and served at our wedding was amazing! The venue is the most gorgeous place I've seen! They made our wedding an incredible experience for us and our guests.

Sent on 08/15/2012

bretagne · Married on 06/30/2012

Anna was amazing and extremely helpful throughout our wedding planning! This hotel is the perfect venue for any event, but if you are looking to have a gorgeous wedding venue you can end your search here!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Mary · Married on 09/24/2011

We had a beautiful, romantic, perfect wedding. We held our ceremony on the third floor terrace, it was so nice to have an outdoor wedding in front of a fountain, and yet be above the streets away from passer by's. We then held our reception on the second floor in the Versailles ballroom with dinner and dancing. The food was magnificent, I am a foodie so I am picky about the food and it was amazing. The most tender steak, handmade ravioli, and succulent salmon. I can not thank the staff enough for all of their work especially Anna, the day was perfect. I was able to sit back and enjoy our wedding. Not to mention the beauty of the hotel. We have beautiful, elegant pictures that were taken all over the hotel. I would have my wedding again at The Westgate Hotel in a heart beat. Our guests loved the beauty and charm of the hotel and could not believe how perfect it was.

Sent on 10/19/2011

Kasey · Married on 08/20/2011

The Westgate's excellent staff, impeccable service, and lavish European setting created a perfect fairytale day for our daughter and her new husband. Our guests had the ultimate San Diego experience ---a ceremony overlooking the entire city, a gracious outdoor cocktail party, and a superb dinner served by a host of polished waitstaff in a crystal ballroom. Our every request was attended to swiftly and unobtrusively from the beginning walk-throughs to the final clean-up. As the very detail-oriented and hard-to-please mother-of-the-bride, I have only rave reviews for this fine up-scale venue. My husband (also a perfectionist) and I have attended or given similar events like this. After an event, we can usually fill in this phrase: "Next time we do something like this, we should ________." This time, we could not fill in the phrase. The day was simply perfection from start to finish. Thank you, Anna and Miguel!
    Jerri (Mother of the Bride)

Where can I begin my review on the Westgate?? I am still reliving my wedding over and over again in my mind, and my wedding was almost a week ago!
    I will begin by saying that if I could go back in time, and have the choice to do things differently, I wouldn't change ONE thing! The Westgate was quite simply the venue of my dreams, and they literally turned my wedding into a real life fairytale! The only thing missing was the horse drawn carriage!
    Not only did the Westgate accommodate my every request, but they accommodated every request with class and sophistication. Not once was I nervous about the business of the day, because I knew Anna and Miguel were overseeing EVERYTHING to ensure us the most perfect day possible. And, let me tell you that it was PERFECT. Not ONE thing went wrong!
    Our guests were all at ease, my wedding party was having a great time, and more importantly, my family, my husband and I were all stress-free and happy!! Anna went the extra mile for us to ensure our peace of mind, and I have to tell you, she did it with such ease.
    I will miss doing business with the Westgate and with Anna and Miguel. Our experience is one that we will NEVER forget and we hope to relive it again someday :)
    Kasey (The Bride)

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • F

Drue · Married on 08/20/2011

It's been almost 2 weeks since my daughter's wedding and reception at the Westgate. Last weekend, my wife and I were doing the arm chair quarterback thing and second-guessing the whole affair. With the benefit of hindsight, we were able to happily say that absolutely nothing could have been done better. The only problem I had was that I didn't get a piece of the fabulous wedding cake which was my fault -- just too busy visiting with the guests. However, one friend shared a piece of their cake with me so that I wasn't totally out in the cold. We were and are very happy customers. Would recommend the Westgate to anyone.

Sent on 08/30/2011

Melinda · Married on 07/09/2011

Westgate Hotel where very accommodating to all the needs, worked well with Bride and family and all our needs. Handled last minute changes and last minute things we forgot. They where amazing I would use their services again. You could not have asked for a more beautiful setting and dinner was fabulous.

Sent on 07/11/2011

JACOB · Married on 07/09/2011

The only thing topping the tastefully elegant decor of the Westgate in it's style of Baroque and high Rococo is it's staff. They are true service professionals, combining crisp professionalism and genuine warmth.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • O

Olmpia · Married on 05/15/2011

Hi
    My husband, my family and I were very pleased with the service and attention to detail on our wedding day. A great thank you, to entire staff....From Anna all the way to parking attendants.
    I've told all my friends that are having weddings or planning parties of the great service and value. And the food was wonderful, all our friends said that they were surprised at the delicious food, especially the beef plate!
    The only thing s if I can say would be a missed my "chiles" on the tables and I didn't get a piece of wedding cake to take home, I think because the cake was so good, everyone had 2nd's and 3rd's.
    Again, thank you...
    Best regards, Olimpia and Jason Gire

Kina · Married on 01/08/2011

Our wedding turned out EXACTLY as we had envisioned without a glitch. Our dream was an intimate and elegant wedding, and the Westgate staff was quick to assist to transform one of their smaller ballrooms into just the space for it. The one thing I heard over and over before the wedding is "get a day of event coordinator." We did not, but Anna Geiss-Travis, the Director of Events at the Westgate was so extremely organized and had everything dialed in, that we didn't need a second set of eyes or hands. She was wonderful! Whether you are having a small or large wedding, I would without reservation recommend the Westgate.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Victoria · Married on 07/02/2010

The Westgate Hotel was a dream to work with! Beautiful venue, amazing staff. Couldn't have asked fora better location.

Michele · Married on 06/26/2010

This is a beautiful venue with incredible service. I am a professional fundraiser and have been involved with many galas at a variety of hotels and other locations throughout San Diego. This is by far the best experience I've ever had! Our ceremony was beautiful, the reception on the balcony was lovely with a view of downtown and the bay, and our dinner was fabulous. Our guests still talk about how good the food was and how lovely the whole experience was. The band we hired - a ten piece band - said several times that it was one of the best crowds and best venues they have played at. I highly recommend the Westgate - Anna and all of the other professionals we dealt with went above and beyond, many times anticipating our needs before we even had to ask. I would do it again in a second and will use the Westgate for professional gatherings as well. We had around 100 guests. In addition, our honeymoon suite was to die for - I didn't want to leave! From the parking attendant to the bellhop to the event coordinator it was WONDERFUL! Thank you all so much.
    Michele

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2009

The most beautiful venue you could find in San Diego. They really know how to throw a beautiful event. You will not need to do a lot in the way of flowers as the rooms are so beautifully decorated they do not need anything else. The food is fantastic. They really do an amazing job making sure that you have everything you need. The room block was also very easy to deal with.

Sent on 02/24/2011

Katrina · Married on 02/17/2008

The Westgate was amazing! We worked with Gabriela (catering manager) and she helped us numerous times through the planning.

Sent on 07/27/2008

Stephanie · event on 08/23/2015

At the last moment we had one additional person attend the event. The staff was very accommodating, squeezing in one additional chair and placesetting. There was no issue with the additional food needed either. All the plates looked exactly the same. Regarding the quality of service, some of the plates had food stuck on them. They had obviously been through the dishwasher, but that had not functioned well enough and some of the guest had to return their plates. The staff was very sorry, and quickly replaced, but you might want to have some sort of quality control for dish washing.

Sent on 08/24/2015
  • User5269037 · event on 07/12/2015

My event took place in the Versailles ballroom at Westgate. Jennifer was always there to answer any questions or concerns I had. She kept everything so organized and was such a pleasure to work with. Planning an event is always stressful but Jennifer is so professional and makes you feel comfortable which I loved! I look forward to my next event at the Westgate hotel!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Joan · Married on 10/25/2014

This is probably the most magnificent wedding venue in Southern Calif. The Westgate is a beautiful jewel in the Gas Lamp area of San Diego. Luck is the person that visits this venue…even luckier are the Bride and Groom who chose The Westgate Hotel for their wedding and reception!

Sent on 10/31/2014

stefanie · Married on 04/23/2011

The Westgate was really flexible in helping us to have the wedding we dreamed of while still keeping it within our budget. We were able to adjust our food / drink menu and service options which made the reception much more cost effective.

Sent on 08/20/2011

Amy · Married on 10/02/2010

Having our wedding at the Westgate Hotel cost more than we were planning on spending, but it was worth every penny. The food was fantastic, and the chef was very open to the custom menu we requested. I cannot say enough good things about the catering sales manager. Anna stepped in and did above and beyond what was asked and expected of her. She was such a godsend as the day-of coordinator, keeping everything running smoothly so we didn't have to worry about any of the little details to stay on schedule. It was absolutely the perfect venue for us.

Sent on 07/08/2011