Westgate Hotel Reviews

Westgate Hotel 6
Westgate Hotel 7
  • Malvina

Malvina Derkrikorian · Getting married on 10/18/2019

You could trust them with your eyes closed

Me and my Fiancé never felt this comfortable with any other vendors but Westgate! Jacqueline was very respectful and professional! Friendly and she actually cares about you. I'm about to sign a contract with them soon. I can't believe i found the venue of my dreams! Thanks to Westgate San Diego!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Peters · Married on 06/30/2018

Beautiful venue

Such a beautiful wedding venue!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Jonathon · Married on 04/07/2018

Had my beautiful wedding at The Westgate and and I would do it all over again!!! Best experience and wonderful workers!! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Dalise · Married on 01/20/2018

Vendor to vendor, the Westgate Hotel was top notch! If you are Bride reading this you should know that the Westgate, specifically Kristen Dawson, was nothing short of professional, gracious and exceeded expectations. As a outside wedding coordinator, you never know what you are going to get when your client selects a venue, but you do know that you have to work with whomever you are dealt to make your clients wedding all they have dreamed it to be! From the first email I received from Kristen, I knew we were in good hands. Mind you, we had been in transition as the our contact prior had been promoted so we were already unsure... and yet, we were placed in the best hands. Kristen and her team of professionals worked with my staff and to make sure all the details were in order so when we arrived on site from Orange County we were confident our day was set to go. I look forward to working again at the Westgate and with Kristen and her staff. Thank you so much for your kind and professional and let's not forget to mention quaint and exquisite event space. You really have a top notch facility and we at Dalise Lindsay Events, look forward to coming back soon!

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Westgate Hotel 18
    Westgate Hotel 19
    Westgate Hotel 20

Linda · Married on 04/16/2016

The entire bridal party, families and many out of town guests stayed at The Westgate for the weekend of my daughter's wedding. While ceremony and reception were offset in Balboa Park - the hotel provided the location for the important First Look as well as spectacular spaces for the bridal ready room and groomsmen room. Jennifer was a breeze to work with - and would give her our unqualified recommendation.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Ngoc · Married on 08/22/2015

We loved working with Jennifer from the Westgate Hotel. Her attention to the clients and to us vendors was amazing. Really appreciated it.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Marilyn · Married on 06/14/2015

We hosted our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at the Westgate Hotel on June 14th. From the beginning and all the way through the planning process to the execution, this has been a flawless experience. Jennifer Emerzian, our sales manager has been a dream come true to work with. I have been planning events for many years and I can honestly state that Jennifer is a rare Gem. The hotel is exquisitely appointed and the perfect location for any elegant affair. The staff is professional, accommodating and extremely polite. We hosted our ceremony and reception in the Versailles Ballroom and could not have been more pleased. The space is absolutely stunning, and is the perfect backdrop for a wedding or corporate reception. I would highly recommend this venue again and again. Jennifer was spot on with everything, offering advice and suggestions that I had never considered. She answered all of my many emails with efficiently and was my saving grace in planning a beautiful event on short notice. I could not have asked for or expected anything more and am so grateful that Jen took such great care to ensure that my daughter's wedding was perfect. The execution was just as exceptional as the planning process. The "day of" event staff treated our guests as if they were royalty. Our guests were extremely impressed with their experience and the food was outstanding. No one had to ask for anything and the hotel staff went above and beyond to make our special day event more grand and beautiful. I highly recommend the Westgate Hotel. Whether you are planning a corporate or social event, or a weekend get-away, this is THE hotel in San Diego. Oh and the beds are like sleeping on a cloud!

Sent on 06/19/2015

From start to finish we were taken back with the professionalism, kindness and pure joy of the staff at The Westgate. Our guests had even commented to us that the staff was so lovely and made their stay there feel warm and welcome. The Westgate is a beautiful venue for a reception, classy, timeless and elegant. The food was amazing! My husband and I are very particular about our meals, we admit ... Almost food snobs ... And our meals at the ceremony were mouthwatering! We had the halibut and the beef tenderloin served as our main entree at our reception and everyone raved about the meal. We will be returning as guests at The Westgate as we were so pleased with everything!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Csilla · Married on 01/18/2015

We loved our wedding at the Westgate Hotel. We opted for a brunch wedding (very affordable for what we received) where the ceremony and reception were in the same room and our guests could help themselves to the Sunday buffet. The food was amazing!!! Our guests many times said they have not enjoyed better food at any previous weddings. Also, the venue is gorgeous and the staff members (our contact was Jennifer Emerzian) were incredibly responsive both before, during, and after the wedding. There are lovely indoor and outdoor locations for taking pictures at the Westgate and our videographer also loved shooting our wedding here--every part of the hotel is lovely.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Anna · Married on 07/18/2014

I had my baby shower at the Westgate and it was just beautiful! The service and staff were very helpful and professional. Jennifer the sales catering manager made it very easy for me to relax and not worry about anything leading up to the event. The hotel staff are very sweet and always had a helping hand to assist with anything and everything we needed the day of the event. I'm so happy I did my baby shower at this hotel!

Sent on 07/25/2014

David · event on 07/04/2014

Great people. Superb classy hotel. Excellent service

Sent on 07/07/2014

mrs · Married on 06/21/2014

The Westgate Hotel is an amazing venue for weddings and events. The staff is highly professional and strive to work with your needs in helping to make your event a success. Jennifer Emerzian is the best event coordinator I have met and worked with, she always addressed our questions quickly and was extremely helpful for our special day and she always treated us with the utmost kindness!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Markus · Married on 05/25/2014

Anna was nothing short of incredible. As a matter of fact, I think incredible is short of Anna.

Sent on 06/03/2014

NALINI · Married on 04/12/2014

Excellent venue for our daughter's wedding and guest gave such positive feedback about the accommodations, staff and food.
    Our wedding coordinator was truly amazing to work with and she went above and beyond to make the day a very special celebration for the wedding couple.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Catherine Bachelier · Married on 12/21/2013

My clients and I worked with Anna for all the wedding preparations and, of course, the day of. She was attentive, accommodating, and lovely throughout our planning process. She made my clients so happy and helped me execute all the details required to make the day-of as perfect as possible. I would not only recommend Anna, I would recommend the Westgate Hotel as a whole. Both Anna and her property leaders went above and beyond. Thank you, Anna. I look forward to sharing more happy clients at your beautiful property!!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Gary · Married on 12/21/2013

The great hotel drew us to this venue, and Anna Travis was such a pleasure to work with. Her attention to detail ensured everything went well and her flexibility ensured that our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. We couldn't be happier with our wedding, from the rehearsal dinner to the day of the wedding to the wedding ceremony and reception, Anna and the Westgate Hotel staff ensured that our day was as special as our marriage will be.

Thank you Anna, and pass on our thanks to everyone involved with our special day.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Cathryn · Married on 11/09/2013

Anna was great throughout the entire planning process. Even when things got stressful or did not quite go our way she was always sweet and comforting. Our guests loved the Westgate and raved about how beautiful it was.

Sent on 11/22/2013

The Westgate Hotel is a beautiful venue to host your wedding ceremony and reception. We only had our reception at the Versailles Ballroom which is a room that screams elegance (think Parisian like the house of Versailles in Paris). The key to this venue is their coordinator, Anna. Professional, responsive, caring, and down-to-earth. We went to several venues, had several meetings, and did not find anyone close to the level of Anna. She will take care of you from start to finish. Food was fantastic by the way. Also in our package, the wedding couple gets a complimentary suite the night of the wedding. We definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking around the San Diego area.

Sent on 11/06/2013

stefanie · event on 08/31/2013

Anna and the staff at the Westgate are truly professionals. They treat repeat / returning customers extraordinarily well, an are always very accommodating in meeting the individual needs of the client, as well as working with a budget. 5 stars all around!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Sarah Lynn · Married on 08/23/2013

Anna and the rest of the Westgate staff were simply amazing. From the time we were given an initial tour of the hotel to working out any kinks in billing after our event, my now husband and I were met with nothing short of excellent customer service. Anna and her team made everything so easy and they accommodated us as much as they could. Food and beverage at the Westgate was perfection. And their reception sites were breathtaking. Our wedding day was perfect thanks to the Westgate.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Diana · Married on 08/16/2013

I was so lucky to stumble upon this Hotel, I had a bit of a destination wedding so all of my guest stayed here and the experience was truly amazing, the hotels is beautiful on its own but to make things better the service and staff there are incredible, my wedding guest are still telling me of how great it was and thanking me for putting them there, and my photos look unbealiable thanks to the beautiful backgrounds, everybody in this hotel helped me so much and was super nice to me and my guest they truly where a key aspect of making my wedding day a dream come true for me, and i will never be able to thank them enough

Sent on 10/03/2013

Allyn · event on 08/04/2013

Amazing team, accommodated last minute adds without a beat, Anna and Niels are great! Highly recommended for any of you looking for a classy venue with world class staff.

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • User3452238 · event on 08/02/2013

Thanks to Anna and her staff, our event was success!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Anna Travis was so great to work with. I'm obsessed with the Hotel, it absolutely gorgeous. As soon as you walk in your in Awww. The pictures for my Wedding are amazing because the place just sets the perfect theme. Everyone there is professional and proficient.

Sent on 07/22/2013