Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center Reviews

26 Reviews for Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center

• Natalie

Natalie M. · Married on 10/26/2019

Banquet was wonderful!

The room was beautiful and the food was delicious.
    I stayed at the hotel. The accommodations were nice. Older hotel, which they are modernizing.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazingly Perfect! Couldn't have asked for better!

TeriLynne was amazing! She made every detail of our wedding perfect and made sure things went smoothly for everyone! From the beginning of the planning process to the night of the wedding every detail was what we imagined. She was very easy to work with and answered every email promptly. I don't thing there are enough words in the world to express how much we loved working with this venue! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Meredith · Married on 10/14/2017

I had my wedding there recently and they did an awesome job. Leslie was the best. I bugged her with A LOT of emails all the way up to my big day. She answered them all very quickly and had solutions to all my problems. We also had many face to face meetings with a list of questions I had, her schedule was very flexible to meet with me every time. She also set up all of my decorations just the way I wanted them, the day of the wedding. My guest were all talking about how nice the staff was and how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

Virginia Crossings was the most amazing wedding venue. The grounds were so beautiful. It was perfect for our guests, and they loved that everything was all right there. Leslie was fabulous! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator. She was quick to respond and ensured our day was perfect. Thank you to all of the staff for making our wedding day so special.

Love,
    Lindsay and Matt Lemley

Sent on 10/20/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/01/2017

The experience was stress free and far exceeded my expectations! The grounds are beautiful for a ceremony and the buildings are beautiful for the reception. The planner TeriLynne and banquet manager Sam were very accomodating and ensured my dream wedding was exactly as I had envisioned!

Sent on 07/15/2017
  • Adolphus

Adolphus · Married on 07/02/2016

Always a pleasure to work here!

We run a wedding entertainment service in the Richmond area and every time we work at Virginia Crossings it is always a pleasure to work with the coordinators and staff. Terri-Lynn is excellent! Va Crossings is always an excellent choice!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for your excellent review! We appreciate the endorsement and working with vendors as yourself!

Justine · Married on 04/09/2016

If you're looking for a stress free, GORGEOUS, all inclusive wedding where your guests don't have to travel the ENTIRE weekend - the Wyndham is for you. I can't speak highly enough about the Wyndham, TeriLynne, Sam and the rest of the staff. TeriLynne is phenomenal. From start to finish she answered every single one of my questions (and I had a LOT - with a 1 year 8 month engagement!), was quick to respond and literally just handled everything. I am a type A person, and it was NOT needed at this venue - I gave her the contact information for all of my vendors and that was it. The day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch during the ceremony and reception. TeriLynne even got down on her hands and knees with a needle and thread and helped try to fix my broken bustle!!! The Wyndham is a bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. The value is there. The food is amazing, the ambiance is GORGEOUS, and the staff are so organized and professional. My April 2016 wedding here was an absolute dream come true, you will not regret hosting your wedding here!!!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Tricia · Married on 10/04/2014

Wyndham VA Crossings did an excellent job with our wedding ceremony and reception. We feel blessed to have chosen them for our special day. Sheryl and Teri Lynne helped to make the planning process both smooth and enjoyable. I will certainly recommend this venue for any type of celebration.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Peyton · Married on 05/24/2014

We used the Wyndham Virginia Crossings for our entire event, ceremony and reception. Most of our guests stayed on location as well. TeriLynne, the event coordinator, was great and easy to work with. She made it happen. Everything went really smoothly throughout the entire process. We didn't stress about anything not getting done, or being done the way we wanted. The food was delicious, and the staff was amazing. Our guests had a wonderful time and we are still getting comments about how great everything was.

Sent on 07/13/2014
  • rusticbride

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

What a generous, fantastic, beautiful experience! Such a lovely surprise that we received. We were booked at the Wyndham VA Crossings for our wedding night back on May 17. We checked in around midnight, and the Front Desk staff was very nice, and congratulated us on our wedding. We followed instructions to the Madison Building (I believe) to check into Room 533. We were booked in the Governor's Suite. The room was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. There was a kitchenette, beautiful sitting area, and then a very large bathroom alongside the master bedroom. We originally thought our parents had booked us the Governor's Suite, but it turns out they had only booked a King sized room, and the hotel actually UPGRADED our room, free of charge. We were thrilled to receive such a generous upgrade! It made our wedding night even more special! What a fantastic surprise! Our parents were beyond thrilled as were we! The grounds and rooms of this hotel are absolutely beautiful and we will most definitely recommend this hotel to our engaged friends! Thank you for making our wedding memories even more fantastic! Such a fantastic surprise gesture!

Sent on 05/30/2014
  • I

Irene · Married on 05/03/2014

As a Type A control freak, I cannot say enough positive experience we had at the Wyndham Virginia Crossings Henrico Ballroom. My daughter's wedding was EVERYTHING we planned for and much, much more. Not only was the night magical for the Bride and Groom, but also for the entire bridal party and all our guests! Since we are not from the Richmond area, our family had to stay at the Wyndham for the weekend and while I thought it would be difficult, it was seamless and stress-free. TeriLynne, the catering manager, and Sam, her right hand man, made all our planning and hard work ahead of time so worth it. There was nothing I could have asked for them to make it more enjoyable for everyone. The service was exceptional from checking in, to accommodations, to food, housekeeping, grounds, cleanliness, and absolute attention to detail!!

I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great venue where guests can not only celebrate a wonderful occasion with great food and drinks but also know they are staying in lovely rooms on a stunning property with top notch quality service!!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Achetou · Married on 06/01/2013

Everything was perfect and the staff was extremely flexible. Beautiful venue!!!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Amber · Married on 04/13/2013

TeriLynne is a rock star!! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception. Everything was convenient for our guests. The food was amazing. The staff, Sam and Maurice, made sure we were taken care of throughout the night. And through all the planning, TeriLynne was there to make sure everything was perfect and we never had to deal with any problems or issues...she took care of it all!!

Sent on 04/22/2013
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/08/2011

The crossings is BEAUTIFUL. Simply breathtaking. if you want a dream wedding, a long aisle, and BEAUTIFUL scenery, book your wedding here. The wedding coordinator, TerriLynne, is absolutely amazing. She responds to emails within the hour or minute, she has answers to ALL of your questions, and she truly wants your wedding day to be flawless.

You get SO much for your money at this venue. We had guests from out of town, which is why we wanted this location, and the night was just everything we had dreamed of. The hotel, the reception hall, the tavern.. everything and everywhere is SO accommodating.

If you want the wedding of your dreams, or the one you see in the magazines, book here. You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Diane · Married on 09/03/2011

excellent

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • W

Dana · Married on 05/28/2011

Working with TeriLynne (the food and beverage manager and planner extraordinaire!) was great! She answered all of our questions along the way and always made us feel like we were the only people she was working with at any given time. No question was too big or small, and this made things very easy for us. There were a few little bumps that evening (mostly involving timing of a few things, and that was likely something we could've made clearer on our end), but overall we were SO pleased and would not hesitate to recommend the Wyndham as a reception venue! (we had our ceremony at a different location, so we can't speak to that part of things)

Sent on 06/03/2011

Erin · Married on 07/24/2010

The Wyndham and Terilynne made the planning process very easy for me. I basically just had to tell them what I wanted in terms of linens, set up, etc. and they made it happen! Any request we had was handled easily. I had thought I would hire a wedding planner to take care of day of stuff, but the Wyndham made the process so stress free, I decided I wouldn't need one and don't regret that decision at all. The food was also DELICIOUS! We had several guests call us after the wedding and mention how much they liked the food. The grounds are also very beautiful and we got some great pictures there. The hotel staff in general were also very welcoming and friendly, and our guests that stayed there had a great experience. I felt the price for hotel rooms for the guests was also a great value. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/12/2010
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/20/2010

The Wyndham was an absolutely beautiful venue for the reception. They were very flexible - helped me reduce costs, customized the menu for me, and basically helped me with everything I needed. Definitely helped reduce my stress. There were a couple of snafus when I had to change rooms that weren't ready as early as anticipated (luckily, my husband was there to move everything), but besides that, everyone had a great time, and everyone thought it was beautiful.

Sent on 04/03/2010

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

After looking at many possible venues, we chose to have our daughter's wedding at the Virginia Crossings Hotel and we are extremely glad we did. The grounds made for a beautiful outdoor ceremony and the reception set up in the ballroom was breathtaking. The food was delicious and the staff was outstanding. We can't say enough great things about our coordinator, Leslie. She made this experience as stress free and wonderful as we could have possibly imagined. If you are considering Virginia Crossings, we highly recommend Leslie and this venue.

Sent on 08/01/2017

We had a great time at the Virginia Crossings. It was perfect for our wedding. TeriLynne was amazing and so great to work with. The convenience of everyone staying on site was great too. They made sure we were well fed during our occasion and didn't have to worry about anything. They also give you a great room for your first night as a married couple. Would highly recommend to any considering it.

Sent on 09/29/2016
  • User4204996 · 2+ years ago

3.5

wonderful to have everything in one place, and have high quality as well! Beautiful venue and terrific staff

Sent on 06/26/2014
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2012

My ceremony and reception were held here. I had over 250 guests and the courtyard was simply elegant and classy. The staff was more than efficient in handling my needs. I have to say THANK YOU to Katrina Mayzck for being a wonderful On-Site Coordinator. I feel like I made a new friend. My guests were pleased with the class and decorum that was presented by the staff and the feel of the property. I would definitely do another event here. The food was excellent and the service was to die for. They helped me deocrate, took care of my candy buffet, and even covered my chairs for me. I'm still getting emails and phone calls about how enjoyable and relaxing the Wyndham VA Crossinsg was.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Keith · Married on 10/04/2014

4.2
      3.5

Excellent customer service and support. ...accommodations were cosy, subtle and romantic... great flexibility with our planning program. Superb dining facilities

Sent on 01/10/2016

Sade' · Married on 11/08/2014

4.2
      3.5

The Wyndham was a Gorgeous venue. The Venue coordinator was very knowledgeable. At times she could be a little unengaging to outside vendors. I was disappointed with the food on the wedding day. At the tasting, the portions were of good size, flavorful, and presented well. On the actual wedding day some of the entrees were unrecognizable. It was not presented in the same way and it lacked flavor. I felt a little deceived, because I had been raving about the food to everyone after the tasting. I also felt the ceremony space was overpriced. The set up for the ceremony is minimal (chairs) and it is outside. All of the wait staff was very nice and efficient. Overall, I was statisfied with the venue.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Gabrielle · Married on 05/22/2011

3.8
      2.5

Overall, I had a very pleasant experience at the Wyndham!!!

The catering director was great...she was very enthusiastic and flexible and on the day of the wedding she checked in often and made herself very available.

The grounds are of course beautiful and that is what I feel you're paying for the most. The food for the most part was delicious. I had our tasting and requested that they go a little lighter on the sauces on the meat on the day of the wedding which they certainly did! I still did find it to be slightly salty for my tastes, however all my guests raved about it :)

I loved that guests could park free and without having to worry about a lack of spaces. I also appreciated that we were able to get a conference room comped that we could use for the make up artist to set up so we wouldn't all have to be crammed in a single guest room. It was all these small things that really added up to make the experience great.

The only frustration I ever experienced was regarding responsiveness. Sometimes it took several days - weeks to get my e-mails answered, and sometimes the responses were incomplete. For example, if I wrote an e-mail with 3 questions, only 2 were answered, etc. If you don't mind following up and checking in often, it should not be a problem for you. There was also a change in personnel during my planning process (the contact I originally had left the Wyndham so my event was transferred to another team member). I attribute a lot of the aforementioned frustrations to that transition.

Sent on 06/09/2011