Vermont Cake Studio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Nina
    Nina L. Married on 08/24/2019

Blown Away!

Perrin did an outstanding job on our wedding cake! During the cake tasting, we were so blown away by Perrin's baking skills, we didn't even have to consult with each other if this was going to be our final choice, there was no question about it, it was hands down the best cake we've ever had. Come the big day, Perrin delivered her creation at a very reasonable fee (no hustle for us!) and all our guests were just as blown away with the presentation and the cake as we were. Needless to say, you will not regret it!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

The pleasure was entirely mine! Thank you for letting us play a small part in your wedding festivities, Cheers to 2020 and the many more celebrations to come!
    Lindsey J. Married on 07/27/2019

Great experience

Perrin was wonderful to work with when I was planning my wedding. She is a very talented artist, who created a stunning cake for my wedding. Perrin took care of everything for us after our first meeting, making sure everything was perfect. A lot of wedding cake bakeries do not deliver, but Perrin does at a very reasonable price, which was a selling point for us! I would highly recommend Vermont Cake Studio.

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

Thanks Lindsey! It helps to have great clients to work with, it makes my job a breeze and puts a smile on my face every day! Cheers
    Cathryn L. Married on 06/01/2019

We were both very happy with the cake and service

Cake was beautiful and delicious!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

So glad you liked it! It was really fun to design and seemed to fit the setting really well. Cheers!
    Joan Married on 06/23/2018
    This is the second time we have had Perrin's amazing cakes for family celebrations. The first time was for our daughters wedding 10 years ago. Perrin just made a fabulous Boston Cream Pie cake for my husband's 70th birthday. Outstanding cake!! Perrin's artistry with her cakes is truly amazing and of course delicious. She is delightful to work with and always gets back to you if you can't reach her. You will not be disappointed!!!!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

Joan, so happy to be a part of another family wedding and glad that you enjoyed the birthday cake as well! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Fondly, Perrin
    Kelsey Married on 09/16/2017
    Perrin did an amazing job on our wedding cake, we chose a "bare" wedding cake which seemed to be more difficult after we spoke with a few bakeries. Perrin was happy to take the cake on and it was both beautiful and delicious! We went with a Tahitian vanilla cake with berry filling and I've been dreaming about it since the wedding! We would highly recommend Vermont Cake Studio!!
    Marcous Married on 08/19/2017
    I cannot day enough about how amazing our experience was with VT Cake Studio. The quality and professionalism are amazing. We will be ordering a small version of our wedding cake every year from VT Cake Stidio.

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

So sweet, I can't wait to make your 1st. anniversary cake!!
    Lisa Married on 08/19/2017
    My daughter had an idea to have a 'country casual' desert bar that folks could help themselves to mostly finger foods and small deserts filled in classic jelly jars. Perrin understood her idea and blew it up in a way that WOWed everyone! She filled the jars with the most delicious assortment and the guests adored them. The deserts really were "the icing on the cake" of our daughter's picture perfect wedding. I can't wait to have another wedding with Vermont Cake Studio!!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

Lisa it was such a fun day!! Thanks for the kind words, it was entirely our pleasure!
    J Married on 07/29/2017
    A huge thanks and shout out to Perrin for creating an amazing array of charming and delicious cakes- 20 total, for my son and daughter in law's beautiful summer Vermont Barn wedding in Stowe July 2017 ! Perrin's lovely cake creations with edible wild flowers adorning the cake tops were the captivating natural table centerpieces, in addition there was larger one for the Bride and Groom to cut and enjoy together! They added such a exquisite natural, out-doorsy touch to the perfect Vermont Barn wedding; and beautifully easy as all the wedding guests then had their own cakes to enjoy at each table! So fun, and also encouraged lots of mingling as all the guests were testing the different delicious cakes at all the tables. We received so many compliments on the quality of the cakes and how attractive they looked! Thank you to Perrin for making their Barn wedding look so enchanting and enticing with your appealing cake centerpieces!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

J, you are very welcome! I enjoyed being part of H and H's wedding celebration and had lots of fun creating their centerpiece cakes!
  • GIA
    Gia Married on 07/08/2017
    Perrin Williams is a delight to work with! She was very accommodating even when I made changes to my style of cake once the order was placed. She made a small dairy free side cake of my wedding cake for my mother! The cake arrived on time and was simply beautiful and tasted great as well!! I would highly recommend The Vermont Cake Studio and Perrin's services to anyone!!! You will not be disappointed!!!
    Jennifer Married on 06/10/2017
    How can I even begin? Our experience with Chef Perrin was our favorite throughout our entire planning process. We do not recommend you work with her, we INSIST! She was attentive, flexible, welcoming, and made the process so much fun. She put us at ease, allowed and encouraged our own creativity yet also knew just when to step in with her professional expertise and guidance. The result was a perfect blend of our own tastes and the perfection we hired her for in the first place. Our guests still rave about our cake over a year later, and I must say, we had quite a few lifelong foodies and family restauranteurs in our group! Our consultation and tasting was an event in itself, and I will never forget my husband, typically reserved, “mmming” and “umming” out loud as he experienced his first bites of Perrin’s mouth watering creation! We were so in love with our cake we LIED about our head count to ensure we would be able to have seconds...and thirds...and she caught us, but we didn’t care! “Jennifer, I see that the count you gave me doesn’t match your mother’s. I wanted to check in...” Well, we won, and even my mother agreed it was worth it, and believe me not a single crumb was wasted! Go for it, and go big!
    Hdhdgdgg Married on 08/14/2011
    Amazing food and customer service. If you are looking for a great cake it this the place!
    Maggie Married on 03/12/2011
    Perrin was an absolute joy to work with. Our wedding was in Stowe, VT and we live in Boston, MA, so we were only in Stowe on weekends. Perrin was so wonderful to meet with us on a Sunday to accommodate our schedule. She was professional and personable from the minute we met her. We had seen a cake that Perrin had done previously that looked exactly like a Birch Tree with the couples initials carved in to it and fell in love. When we saw it on our Wedding day it was absolutely perfect and so beautiful! The Cake was delicious-- our guest are still talking about tasty it was! Perrin even made us a small cake just like our wedding cake to freeze for our one year anniversary! Overall it was a wonderful experience working with Perrin!
    Elisia Married on 09/18/2010
    The cake was beautiful....and was delicious!
    Melissa Married on 07/17/2010
    My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and was equally as delicious. I had a hard time choosing the cake flavor because they were all so good. I decided on two different ones for my cake. Perrin listened to what I wanted and created the exact image I had in mind.
    Lynn Married on 06/12/2010
    Perrin was wonderful and she gave my daughter and son in law exactly what they wanted. She and her staff were professional, efficient and very responsive to every request.
    Amy Married on 10/03/2009
    Perrin's cakes are delicious and lovely!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

Thank you! It has been such a pleasure working with you over the years. The look on Josie's face when she saw her cake was priceless!
    Melissa Married on 05/28/2016
    We love food, and it would take a lot for a cake to win us over. Perrin Williams made the best cake we have ever eaten, without a doubt! We chose a few of our top ingredients- cake flavors, fillings, icings- from her list and asked if she could come up with some thing for the day of our tasting. While we were excited to see what she came up with, we didn’t realize how good it would be. Of the two cakes we tried, we ended up going with a Vanilla cake, with Bavarian cream filling that had fresh strawberries in it, and a maple cream cheese icing that still makes us smile. The cake was sweet enough, but not too sweet. The flavors were fantastic and complemented each other beautifully. Perrin designed the cake with mastery, to look like birch bark which matched the theme of our wedding. Perrin is friendly and easy to work with, and we have since happily used her for another event. We highly recommend VT Cake Studios and Perrin Williams for your special event!

Vermont Cake Studio's reply:

Melissa and David it gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed eating the cake every bit as much as I enjoyed creating it! Mazel Tov!
    Barbara Married on 07/23/2011
    Wonderful cake, delicious and the design was just as my daughter specified. We sent them a swatch of the dress/floral fabric and she matched the color perfectly.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer K. Married on 08/24/2021

So Upset worst part of wedding!

I would never hire this place again. The cake looked nothing like what I expected I gave examples and I was shocked the cake fell before it was even done being set up I paid hundreds extra for a cake swing, And since it was falling over they had to put a table under it so it was never on a swing anyway. I asked for two little bumblebees and they looked like huge locusts. The people at the venue tried to explain that she needed to drop the cake off later bc of heat, to which she replied
    “ Fzck that”this cake will last for 12 hours.
    I spent almost $600 on a cake for 32 people. The only positive was at the cake tasted good. But I had to cancel my cake cutting and it was supposed to be a focal point of the wedding. She didn’t even come and find me to tell me that this was happening
    I’ll post photos after the photographers are done I didn’t take pictures because I was so horrified