Middlebury, VT 05753 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About Thistle and Honey Baking

Thistle & Honey Baking is a home based bakery located in Middlebury, Vermont, offering an inclusive array of wedding desserts, for the traditional and nontraditional alike. From tiered wedding cakes, to cupcake or pie towers, to fully-customized miniature dessert bars, working with clients to create the wedding dessert tables of their dreams is the number one priority.

Nikki, the owner & operator behind Thistle & Honey, has been making wedding cakes & dessert bars as a side gig for the last 8 years, and in early 2020 made the move to baking full-time.

Thistle & Honey Baking serves the state of Vermont, from the Greater Burlington area to the Rutland area. The goal at Thistle & Honey is to use local ingredients wherever possible, to be fully supporitve of the community and all of the delicious, beautiful goods that Vermont has to offer.

img 8615 51 1984465 159891499968012

Thistle and Honey Baking Pricing

Thistle and Honey Baking Price Rates

Thistle and Honey Baking FAQ

$ 5
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Set Up
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Nut Free
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Local
    Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?
    Not Required

Team of Thistle and Honey Baking

Nikki Bowdish

Nikki Bowdish

Owner/Baker

Hey all! My name is Nikki, and I'm the face behind Thistle & Honey. Born and raised in Vermont, I have spent my entire life enjoying all of the delicious food that Vermont has to offer. As I've grown in my baking career, I have found joy in incorporating as many local delights into my bakes; from Vermont maple syrup, to apples grown at the orchard around the corner, honey from the apiaries next door, herbs from local farmers, and butter from Vermont creameries. Supporting local makers is incredibly central to my work, as is capturing the joy and love in each delicious bite.

Before I officially launched Thistle & Honey, I worked in a wide variety of kitchen environments. My first job was as the sole baker of a local coffeehouse, then I moved on to a large-scale production bakery, followed by being a prep cook/baker-turned-server at the BEST diner (now defunct, sadly), until my last professional turn as a baker at the cutest neighborhood bakery. Throughout all of these locales, I honed my skills and gained confidence as a cake designer & pastry maker.

My number one goal is to always create the most delicious and beautiful dessert table, bringing your wedding dessert dreams to life!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Middlebury, VT, 05753 See on map
    Location of (Thistle and Honey Baking)